Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

16 hours ago, deerokus said:

The beastcast is funny as fuck this week. Vinny describing how fucked up Mass Effect is is very amusing. 

I would like an entire premium podcast just role playing customer service calls. :D

8 hours ago, deerokus said:

Film and 40s for Fast and Furious 5 is everything I ever wanted. It's incredible. One of the best things they have ever put out (with one of my favourite films). 

I forgot how different Ludacris' character was from 2 Fast to this. He goes from riding jetskis outside his garage to being a tech genius. 

12 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I forgot how different Ludacris' character was from 2 Fast to this. He goes from riding jetskis outside his garage to being a tech genius. 

I have never had any interest in watching any of the fast and the furious movies.... until I read this....Drew.gif.24448aca7cd42c4d4f94dd71de1650d3.gif

You should. They have their ups and downs (as any soon to be eight film franchise would) but they are really fascinating to see how a relatively small film about street racing becomes this huge action series with cars flying out of planes.

Q86Q5.gif

I own every single one on blu ray. It's wonderful going through them all like this. The first film is so small in scale, almost a drama, where the main characters are petty crooks. By the 7th film they are effectively a family of superheroes. 

Poor Vinny is struggling with trying to rationalise it all. 

It's an unpopular opinion but I love 2 Fast 2 Furious. Yes it's dumb and feels like the straight to video sequel it was intended to be but everyone it is having such a good time I can't help but enjoy it. Vinny trying to understand what's going on is hilarious though and everything he says about the film is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRhdXL80a6w&t=

I did quote some folk about specific posts but my phone shagged it up.

I just wanted to echo others comments about Brad. I'm not right on the pulse with releases but even as someone who is on the sidelines it really gets on my tits when Brad vomits up a bunch of spoilers. If he did it accidentially I could forgive him, but its the way he says "Well, I don't want to spoil it for anyone, I wont say anything... oh apart from Vader is Luke's dad..."

Gutted that Drew is leaving (has left) but I'm really pleased for him. As for GB West going down the pan; I've caught up with a few months of podcasts in the last week and that episode with the yawn fest story about CRT monitors just sucked balls. Dirty balls! I don't have anything against Jeff and I do enjoy Jason's humour but everyone else lately has just been dull as (with the expecption of Drew and Danny).

Based on comments I've started to listen to more of GB East. Alex is OK is short doses but he does over egg everything. What the episode when they were talking about Pewdiepie? Anyone got a date/ number? Thanks.

51 minutes ago, glb said:

@idiwa the Pewdiepie stuff is in episode 91 (17th Feb) around 54 minutes in. Alex is on form, and don't think I've heard Vinny as genuinely seething.

8 minutes ago, Oz said:

Episode 91 also has the best email corrections!:D

Cool. That's the one I started playing last night. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Pockets said:

They've got a Persona 5 quick look going up tomorrow. Can you imagine if it was Jeff and Brad doing it? Fucking hell. I know it won't be, but I'm almost curious as to how boring they could make it seem now.

:lol:

:(

I've heard Persona 5 has a slow start (as with all Persona games that I've played) so I imagine the quick look will be from a few hours in which unfortunately means there's no chance I'll watch any of it. If it does feature Brad I imagine that'll be a blessing though. 

Greg Kasavin to the rescue on the Bombcast. Love that guy. Very humble and makes great games. 

I think he he was the first Dev I ever bother contacting to say I liked their game and he sent me a really nice reply. Pyre is a day 1 for me even though the concept doesn't look all that exciting. Transistor looked really off putting but I adored it when I actually got around to playing it.