Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

3 hours ago, Oz said:

Brad spoils andromeda. Listen with care. I've gotten so good at anticipating his spoilers and skipping forward , it has actually become a bit of a cool mini game. 

IMG_0485.GIF

I wish we still had Drew in Brad's place.

I don't mind Brad's humour and how he hosts but fucking hell the only way he can talk about a game is by describing it. And he is most excited by describing the hidden stuff he has found. Or the things that surprised him. He hesitates for a second whenever he is about to do it that's your window to dodge. 

IMG_3011.GIF

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

I loved the Tokyo Drift one, but I haven't listened to the Fast Five one yet - mainly because they use the extended edition, which is really hard to find over here.

It's in the initial blu-ray release. It's just not advertised very well on the box (or at all).

For anyone not following the ex duders, honourary GB member Danny O'Dwyer's documentary about The Witness lands tomorrow is up now. Gonna hold off watching it myself as I still haven't finished the game.

As for Drew, he put out a ClothMap vlog episode on his Youtube channel...

Brad wrote a kick ass review for mass effect. Reminds you that this is really their main skill set and they have been forced to become Internet personalities rather than writers. I like that game a lot more than he does and have encountered less problems but I respect what he did to articulate his thoughts about the game. 'Top shelf' content there. :D

1 hour ago, Oz said:

Brad wrote a kick ass review for mass effect. Reminds you that this is really their main skill set and they have been forced to become Internet personalities rather than writers. I like that game a lot more than he does and have encountered less problems but I respect what he did to articulate his thoughts about the game. 'Top shelf' content there. :D

Well, it certainly is his main skill set, as it is Alex'. But Jeff was born to act a fool on camera 24/7, same with Ryan. Especially when they started to riff off each other, it was always so effortlessly entertaining.

Now that I said that, I'm reminded that I miss Ryan :(

@deerokus

@Mr. Gerbik

Thanks. I've got the video buddy on my iPhone 6 Plus so its a decent size (for on the go). TV wise I use PS4 for most stuff and occasionally an Apple TV. Ages ago you could just echo the Mac screen to the Apple TV but for some reason it rarely bloody works now. Ack.

I stated watching Metal Gear Scanlon V today to rejig my memory of my own attempt about a year ago. I miss Drew :(

At the start of this compilation video they're playing Dark Souls 3, does anyone know where (the original video) the clip is from? Or any other videos where they play some Dark Souls. Except the obvious Quick Looks.

Edit: I've found the original video linked in the youtube notes...still looking for more Dark Souls though.

I've listened to the podcast for years and watch the odd Quick Look but have recently found myself watching more and more of their content. May be time to go premium.

1 hour ago, tyler said:

Thanks, anything I should be aware of before paying for premium? Any offers / refer a friend deals or such like.

If you're buying a yearly pass it is best to wait for a sale as the voucher for the merch store you are effectively paying for at the full price isn't as useful in the UK thanks to shipping costs (although these have got much cheaper recently). New members usually get a slightly bigger discount than renewals too.  It works out as saving of about £15 I think. 

They have those sales two or three times a year, I think there might be one next month as they had one in May last year and I vaguely recall them usually doing them around that time in other years. 

Might be worth paying for a monthly sub just to try it out first. (That said, apparently Rorie is pretty good about giving out partial refunds if you get caught out by sales right after buying a year) 

Loving this weeks Bombcast with a whole host of 1up nostalgia, but $550 for Panzer Dragoon Saga? Fuck. I bought a copy of that when it first came out and lent it to a mate when I finished it and as far as I'm aware he's still got it. Mind you, I've still got his copy of Steel Batallion (with controller) so it's probably even. 

Probably.  I just saw it's going for £300 ish on eBay.  I had no idea it was so rare, I remember really enjoying it at the time and presumed it had sold fairly well as it was the Saturn's "answer" to Final Fantasy VII.  I knew the Saturn sold like shit but things like precise sales figures and the like were much more difficult to find back then.  Oh well, next time I see Rob I'll ask him if he's still got that game I lent him about 18 years ago. :lol: