IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

1 hour ago, Nayson said:

Steel Battalion is a bit harder to lose. The controller is enormous.  

I know all about it! I bought from someone for the price of two pints back in the day :D Love the controller but thr game was meh. Played it a few times and it has been gathering dust ever since. I don't have an original copy of PDS though - wish I did.

12 hours ago, Nayson said:

Probably.  I just saw it's going for £300 ish on eBay.  I had no idea it was so rare, I remember really enjoying it at the time and presumed it had sold fairly well as it was the Saturn's "answer" to Final Fantasy VII.  I knew the Saturn sold like shit but things like precise sales figures and the like were much more difficult to find back then.  Oh well, next time I see Rob I'll ask him if he's still got that game I lent him about 18 years ago. :lol:

Rob who used to play PGR2 with us?

Their comments on the bombcast about the Destiny 2 trailer were a bit frustrating. I thought it was very clever piece of marketing and it really got a laugh out of me. I thought it hit their target audience on both fronts. The lore heavy stirring speech on one side and Mal Reynolds talking directly to the players about the shit that really matters on the other :)

Hell. I'm 46 and I'm not that jaded yet :) I'm not even that big a fan of Destiny and I dug it.

I'm looking forward to watching Jeff try to get that arcade cabinet working.

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

I've noticed the video menu now has a Continue Watching button. That's handy.

Now they just need a 'Watched' label so I don't have to remember which UPF etc I've already seen.

They kinda do, theres a red bar under the thumbnail which shows how much you've watched of the video.

I'm glad people are getting some enjoyment out of the game (I gave it a couple of hours and found it to be a boring grindfest). But every time someone posts something that's supposedly supposed to show the good bits in the thread  it still looks and sounds like someone let Tommy Wiseau make a game.

The recent patch seems to have made some major improvements to animation, eyes, lighting and such in conversations.

Which means they knew that aspect was a mess well before launch and just didn't get it finished in time, as there's no chance they made such big overhauls in two weeks because of feedback.   

I will definitely try it when it as actually a finished game, which will be around the time it hits EA Access, but wow, I don't think I will be able to get past the surrealist comedy dialogue. 

13 hours ago, evilwallpaper said:

They kinda do, theres a red bar under the thumbnail which shows how much you've watched of the video.

Is that new? i haven't been on Giant Bomb for a while. I have no time now to watch most of their videos in one sitting so any aide memoire is good enough for me.

Just now, Radish said:

She's drunk. You see a similar (or the same) animation when other characters are drunk. 

yeh but I mean there is this one random lady that is drunk in the middle of the base with no prompt to talk to her and no purpose. has to be an in joke. that does not look like a bug.