Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

6 hours ago, deerokus said:

Dan didn't even have the biggest Internet following of entrants to the competition, there was a couple who each had 3-400k twitter followers compared to Dan's 70k.

9 runners up all get free weddings too. 

The original vote only got you into the final 10 and then Taco Bell decided the winner. Reading that Taco Bell link it seems Dan's constant visits to Taco Bell and his 'eat one of everything on the menu' video from last year helped him a lot when it came to the final decision.

13 hours ago, PK said:

It strikes me as a bit unfair for someone with an internet following to enter a competition like that

Which is what Taco Bell would have wanted. It's not a competition, it's a publicity stunt. 

5 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Did anyone else think the 20 minutes of 90s rock band discussion on the Beastcast this week was absolutely awful? 

Nope. But then I'm the same age as Vinny. :lol:

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

Has anyone had any Taco Bell? Is Dan justified in his love of the place?

There's a few stores in the UK, mostly in the north of England, I see. The UK menu looks pretty bland, though, compared to the gluttonous excesses of the American one.

holy shit no. 

On 13/04/2017 at 08:05, HarryBizzle said:

Did anyone else think the 20 minutes of 90s rock band discussion on the Beastcast this week was absolutely awful? 

If by awful you mean "the best bit" then yes

Kind of wish they'd stop playing the 4 player co-op retro styled games for UPF. They're by far the most boring things to watch being played.

In fact, all games that have this retro 8 bit style need to stop. It's such an overly done aesthetic right now and has been for the past few years.

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

I for one really enjoyed this week's UPF. There was actual interest in the games involved, especially Crawl and they seemed to genuinely be having a good times.

Really wish Crawl had online play though. 

Yeah. Ive had my eye on Crawl for ages now but the lack of online killed any chance of me buying it. Good to see Jeff really digging Battlegrounds too cos he usually shits on early access survival games.

Battlegrounds works because it cuts out 90% of the shit, tedium, and time commitment from survival games while focusing on the key fantasy of those games. 

I bet we see an official battle royale, running man or hunger games tie in rip it off within two years.