Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

11 hours ago, MrHendo said:

Some people seem to think this is a possibility - https://mobile.twitter.com/Amarisse/status/858069231929245696

There's another tweet where John Drake congratulates her on some secret news she has. The other rumour is John Drucker who doesn't seem too busy, far too US college humour style for me though.

54 minutes ago, Marzipan Travolta said:

There's another tweet where John Drake congratulates her on some secret news she has. The other rumour is John Drucker who doesn't seem too busy, far too US college humour style for me though.

Do you mean Mike Drucker?

Overall consensus, though, seems to reckon it's going to be a woman.

4 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Do you mean Mike Drucker?

Overall consensus, though, seems to reckon it's going to be a woman.

But wasn't it supposed to be two hires in the west side and one over in the east side? Maybe I misunderstood, but in that case I would argue that the west office desperately needs TWO new hires, not just one.

12 hours ago, MrHendo said:

Danielle Riendeau would be a great fit for New York, but highly unlikely as Austin Walker has her already.

Some people seem to think this is a possibility - https://mobile.twitter.com/Amarisse/status/858069231929245696

Danielle Riendeau can keep the fuck away from the Bomb AND Beastcasts, she is half of the reason I no longer listen to Waypoint.

11 hours ago, PK said:

Yeah, she's a good writer but she completely ruined Idle Thumbs for me.

Meh. Didn't mind her on Idle Thumbs because much like when Austin was on the Beastcast they were able to reign in the pretentiousness and have some fun. But she would definitely not be a good fit for GBWest. It sucks that Mario Kish went to Twitch. :(

I've never really found Idle Thumbs pretentious, and they seem to have plenty of fun without her constantly repeating their lines back to them and saying 'oh my god' and laughing, which was 90% of her input.

1 hour ago, MrHendo said:

Finally ponied up for premium membership.

Should I still be seeing ads before videos? Because I definitely am.

If you're viewing them on youtube they might be youtube ads. Just deploy an adblocker to make them go away.

It's a shame it's a former intern coming back because he's not exactly new blood to liven up the West coast team. But we'll see, I've still resubscribed to them this weekend while memberships were on sale.

15 minutes ago, ryodi said:

It's a shame it's a former intern coming back because he's not exactly new blood to liven up the West coast team. But we'll see, I've still resubscribed to them this weekend while memberships were on sale.

He was hardly a prominent team member though and probably only popped up in a few videos (I can barely remember him).

Aren't East looking for one more though? Don't they need a new Drew to help Jason with video stuff?

She looks a bit like Patrick Klepek but I won't hold that against her.

She doesn't really matter anyway if she's going to be on the East coast because they are not in dire need of saving.

What's Ben Pack like? If he's just going to fit into the Interchangeable White Nerd rota with Jason and Rorie then that's-a-no-good and they might as well just close down the West office.

He was there as the coffee boy for a few months six years ago, it's not like they brought back Dave or Patrick.  Also, he loves Persona 5.

They should bring back Dave Snyder. 

Pack is 6'10, poor Jason is going to have to re-rig the studio to fit him in shot.

I like the East hire, but I was really hoping they would get somebody who wasn't get another white male nerd who loves Dota 2 for the west coast. Can't see the bombcast improving at all at this rate.

Beastcast should keep going from strength to strength though.

10 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Is Abby replacing anyone, or is she just an additional member to the Beast crew?

Additional member - she's going to be a producer, so I'm guessing she'll be taking over the bits Vinny currently does behind the scenes, allowing him to be more of a host and spend less time working on the chat etc.