IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

If you’d actually watched any EZA content and could interpret human behaviour, you’d know that Michael P Huber is genetically incapable of deception. I don’t think he’s ever provided anything but a genuine reaction to literally anything that ever happened to him in his life. If you can’t see that his tears in reaction to Shenmue 3 are 100% real you are a husk of a man.

I mean, if you want to watch a grown man that cries about Shenmue 3 then that's your prerogative, but I'd rather stick with someone who is passionate but realistic.

YouTuber American over-sentimentality is hugely irritating.

Jesus, just imagine seeing a man get genuinely emotional over a hobby he’s incredibly passionate about, and your reaction is “pfffft”.

If you watch that incredibly joyous E3 of Dreams video and don’t appreciate it you’re basically dead inside.

1 hour ago, Comrade said:

Jesus, just imagine seeing a man get genuinely emotional over a hobby he’s incredibly passionate about, and your reaction is “pfffft”.

If you watch that incredibly joyous E3 of Dreams video and don’t appreciate it you’re basically dead inside.

If you get that excited over an advert for a game you need to get your head checked. 

The biggest reaction any of that deserves is “huh, neat”. 

1 hour ago, Comrade said:

Excuse me for being cynical when "genuine" emotion drives clicks, and by extension, revenue.

4 hours ago, Comrade said:

I watched it and cringed, they may very well be that excited about the titles announced, I was very pleased ( and so far dissapointed ) to see the FF VII remake announcment, but I didn't run round my mates house jumping and screaming, but anyway, that's just me, they  do things differently and that's fine, it's why I don't watch them and avoid their stuff, I don't hold sway that anyone who watches it and doesn't appreciate it is dead inside, it's just not for everyone, let's leave it at that.

Whether or not dismissing someone being excited and passionate about a game he loves makes you dead inside (it fucking does), the idea that Huber is faking it is ludicrous to anyone who’s actually watched him for more that 10 minutes.

Especially when you take into account the excitement that was broadcast on this very forum the night of the E3 of Dreams.

On 15/06/2018 at 09:11, Harsin said:

A real and totally not artificially overblown reaction video, yesterday.

22UMC5e.gif

Yesterday? It's the Resi 7 reveal.. :P Very familiar with their work I see. 

It's fine to think they're over the top, they definitely have passionate reactions to things they care about and there's no doubt that their content isn't for everyone. I only have a problem when ignorant people accuse them of being fake or putting it on. 

18 hours ago, Zero9X said:

Huber is the worst of them all though. His constant happy smirking nodding face on the corey balrog gow discussion vid. Did my head in, never watched another vid after that. 

Yeah, I found that video to be unwatchable too. Shame as I was looking forward to the spoiler cast. That's why it's silly to call the reaction videos faked; you can tell within minutes of watching their other content that it isn't. 

On 15/06/2018 at 12:59, Isaac said:

Excuse me for being cynical when "genuine" emotion drives clicks, and by extension, revenue.

They're primarily funded by Patreon - people that support their shows, not the reactions (which obviously can only happen a few times a year). They have a weekly group stream in the same location, multiple streams throughout the week from their own houses, several podcasts, a weekly d&d show, a monthly fiasco show, community showcases etc. Hell, they're even doing a 48 hour stream from a beach house in August where they just replay some of their favorite games, play local multiplayer etc. That is the content that people are really fans of (and why they support them via Patreon). The reaction videos do generate interest but people won't stay (or donate) if they aren't a fan of the rest of their content. 

On 15/06/2018 at 09:52, Harsin said:

It's amazing that certain posters who complain about negativity to products and services on here have no problem at all immediately hurling vitriol and personal attacks at people who just disagree with them.

What "products and services" are you referring to?

I'll let people get back to moaning about Giant Bomb now though :D Actually, I'll start - I'd be curious to see how much of the Bombcast is just Jeff talking. I'd bet it's about 70% him and 30% everyone else. 

On 15/06/2018 at 09:08, bradigor said:

We had Kyle on the Gamestyle Podcast once and he is such a lovely chap. That moment in the video above is pure genuine enthusiasm. It was so refreshing to see at the time. Especially when getting used to the Giant Bomb 'shit on everything' thing they were going through. 

Can you remember what episode that is? I'm curious to listen to it. Did you approach him to come on as a guest?

2 hours ago, Radish said:

Can you remember what episode that is? I'm curious to listen to it. Did you approach him to come on as a guest?

Am out at the moment but will look when home. It’s on the Gamestyle YouTube channel though. 

I reached out to him and he was more than happy to join us.

11 hours ago, martingee said:

Can someone explain the Free Kessler and the Dave Lang thing? I find Dave Lang really hard to read sometimes, he looked mightly pissed off but I also think he can "act" quite convincingly.

Kessler got banned from twitter for sending Dave Lang a "death threat". Quite obviously a joke between friends but twitter algorithms are shit. 

Danika is leaving Waypoint. She's the sort of personality that site needs - as much as I like some of the rest of them, they're so much less than the sum of their parts. Will miss her on the various GBE streams that she sometimes appeared on. 

I find the gaming business talk interesting :unsure: Only from Jeff though because Brad, Jason, and Ben seem to have literally zero idea about the behind the scenes stuff and no interesting insights to offer. For the fun time fun game fmv happy talk there is the Beastcast, so I think they complement each other nicely. Just wish Jan would replace Ben on the bombcast!