IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

On 26/08/2018 at 11:36, Mr. Gerbik said:

No Ben on this week's UPF :omg:

The one that's already gone or the one that's coming up?!

Also, watching Dan play Ghost Babel is cracking me up.

"Urgh, this is tedious!"

Well yeah, it's a Metal Gear game, most of them are pretty tedious!

This Metal Gear thing has been hilarious, I wish Dan or anybody else at Giant Bomb East had the awareness to call out the massive double standards. Ghost Babel has the same dumb Metal Gear bullshit that the 'proper' Kojima games have, but because Dan loves Kojima, all the other stuff is "genius". But all the dumb Metal Gear bullshit in Ghost Babel is "senseless", "why would they do that?!". If it was a Kojima game with the same shit, he'd be praising it for being so unexpected.

There's one boss where there are lasers, but unlike the rest of the game, when the lasers are visible you can go through them, when they're invisible they hurt you. So going on previous knowledge, it's hard as hell because you feel like you're totally confined at all times. But when you figure out that trick, it's piss easy. Kinda like how Psycho Mantis is hard as nails until you realise you can use the other controller port, and then it's a pretty simple and easy fight. One of those is so dumb and terrible, according to Dan & Co. The other is a work of sheer genius.

At least at the end of the boss battle he realises that he should have used the codec, and maybe somebody on the codec could have told him the trick. So hey, he's getting better!

If you thought Ben talking about DOTA was boring, just wait until you hear him talking about DOTA card game Artifact on this weeks Bombcast!

Whenever he talks about a game he seems to go straight to the mechanics of it in the most anal detail. Doesn't Jeff or someone train these people into how to do their job properly.

I think I am going to cancel my subscription when it's up for renewal. I just can't handle watching anybody that isn't Vinny playing any video games. Watching Alex try to play Mass Effect is making me dumber. How the flying fuck can you play video games for decades, and still keep trying to use a goddamn SHOTGUN at range. It boggles the mind. At least Vinny and even Jeff can make being crap at games still kinda fun. Everybody else just makes these games look so goddamn hard. I just don't get it. It's like Vinny has to hold his hand through everything, and if Vinny isn't telling him exactly what to do, he's a lost puppy.

Me watching Giant Bomb play almost anything...

jN9Dj7G.gif

I always felt that they must do some degree of plannng and prep work ahead of their streams, but i’m doubtful now after the mess that was the Trials stream and the beginning of the Dead Rising stream.

How do you start that without even having made friend requests in advance?

East is generally better than West at this kind of thing.

I'm constantly surprised how much Brad sounds like he's just winging the Bombcast every week. We have to hear him googling up stories, scanning a press release for the most relevant bits, and fact checking various things they say.

It seems like they do barely any prep at all beyond a basic list of what they want to talk about.

At least Abby seems to be on top of her brief when it comes to emails and the general running order of the show.

The latest episode was a perfect example - Brad mentioned the Nintendo direct, but hadn't pulled any of the big announcements out of it, so we had to hear him go to the Nintendo website, then search down the page and read all the big announcements off the list, double checking to make sure he hadn't missed any.

How hard is it to pull that all into a google doc before the show?!

East side is the be(a)st side! I've said it before and I'll say it again - just force Jeff to move to New York. And Jan too, and force Abby to go live in San Francisco. It would be awesome! Jeff and Vinny back together, small businessman doing his thang again - and! A Jeff & Jeff podcast! It would be perfect.

It's a great idea in theory but in practice Ben ruins it. In the Spider-Man video review he was terrible at explaining even the most basic premise of the game. Brad and Jeff (who were supposed to be asking questions and also be participants in a discussion that Ben should be leading) were constantly having to course correct him and steer his ramblings into a somewhat coherent direction. Going to check out the Forza video review by Jeff, that should be hopefully better if Ben sticks to asking questions.

I'm watching the Forza one and it's just Jeff and Brad.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

It's a great idea in theory but in practice Ben ruins it. In the Spider-Man video review he was terrible at explaining even the most basic premise of the game. Brad and Jeff (who were supposed to be asking questions and also be participants in a discussion that Ben should be leading) were constantly having to course correct him and steer his ramblings into a somewhat coherent direction. Going to check out the Forza video review by Jeff, that should be hopefully better if Ben sticks to asking questions.