IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

3 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Mario Maker won that year. Jeff loved it so there you go.

Jeff and Dan both loved it, and coincidentally they both hate RDR2... So I don't think it stands a chance, not even if the rest bloody loved it. Dan played it all the way to the end btw

14 minutes ago, dave7g said:

Mario Maker won that year. Jeff loved it so there you go.

Yep, the others wanted MGS5 to win and I believe the debate went on for several years before Vinny said 'I just want to go home so, whatever' or words to that effect.

I got about halfway through yesterday before I realised it was a mistake. I was gonna carry on listening but then they had a call-in question from the British girl or guy (not sure which) re-doing the “from Brooklyn” meme and I had to turn off. Reminded me why I stopped listening to the after show podcast.

8 minutes ago, bobman said:

I'm not the greatest lover of smash bros, but that quick look was incomprehensible. Ben is a bumbling inarticulate mess at the moment.

At the moment? He's killed the bombcast for me. He has a terrible voice coupled with persistent lame jokes. How has he lasted this long?! 

Aye it's sad isn't it. I've ended mine too. The last year has seen me watch less and less of their stuff down to almost zero now.

The GOTY last year was a disaster, I can't bear the thought of listening to even a minute of the Bombcast anymore and the Beastcast is going a similar way.

The East Coast is at its best when Dan has an idea for a series and just runs with it but it seems to be happening less and less now :(

if I click a video and it starts with Ben talking I'll turn it off immediately. Again, he might be a lovely person outside of all this but he's excruciating to listen to.

I've skipped the last few Bomb/Beastcasts while they sort out their GOTY stuff, and instead I've been listening to the '10 year best-of' podcast they put out a while ago. A few things struck me:

1) Ryan was great

2) Jeff used to be funnier

3) Brad sounds more showbiz now that he hosts, for want of a better word. He used to sound half asleep

4) The fact that nearly all of the (user sourced) clips are at least five years old suggests that I'm not alone in thinking it isn't as good as it used to be.

9 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

At the moment? He's killed the bombcast for me. He has a terrible voice coupled with persistent lame jokes. How has he lasted this long?! 

suppose I was being generous! Have they ever removed someone? Doesn't seem like Jeff's style. Ben absolutely lacks the clarity of thought the others have. It's got to the point where the video production people are more coherent. 

On 07/12/2018 at 22:58, Naysonymous said:

I admire their commitment to never missing a week, but this week's Beastcast is a stinker. 

I got ten mins into it and killed it off. Ben being on it being the main reason. #utttershite

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

Imagine getting in the DeLorean and telling this thread a few years ago that the only decent GB content coming out was a Dragonball Z podcast,

Talking of which, is that going to be on a break now until the new year (due to GOTY stuff)? It's the only GB thing I listen to any more.

9 hours ago, SweatyTravolta said:

I mean, I quite like it when the quick look accurately represents the game.

haha well I haven't played it so I'll take your word for it! Just wish he would put some thought into how he structures his videos, oh, and not sound like a 14 yr old who's balls will drop any second

On 09/12/2018 at 14:15, Simmy said:

Aye it's sad isn't it. I've ended mine too. The last year has seen me watch less and less of their stuff down to almost zero now.

The GOTY last year was a disaster, I can't bear the thought of listening to even a minute of the Bombcast anymore and the Beastcast is going a similar way.

I haven't listened to a full GB podcast in over a year now, basically since the last GOTY. I did listen to the 10 years of one, but that just made me sad.

I've given up wasting any thought on why I don't enjoy them any more but it's kind of sad. I'd listened to them every week for years.