rllmuk
Nespresso

Giant Bomb Fan Club

2 hours ago, Pockets said:

Mike is the Beastcast Ben. 

He's not remotely that bad but he is a bit boring and I don't understand why they keep including him.

5 hours ago, Trumpets said:

He's not remotely that bad but he is a bit boring and I don't understand why they keep including him.

It’s in a completely different way to Ben, but he’s the same in that I want him to shut his mouth as soon as he opens it, which would be annoying if he just said the odd thing but every time he opens it he keeps going on in minute detail for ten minutes at a time which is mind numbingly infuriating. 

On 10/10/2019 at 21:12, Rob Rule said:

Hi guys! Haven't listened to GB for a long while but looking to grab myself a sub and get back into it. What's the new guy Ben like? 

He's great and I'm going to tell you he's great every fucking week till you complain that I'm boring the fuck out of you and then I'll just carry on telling you how great I think Ben is. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rafaqat said:

He's great and I'm going to tell you he's great every fucking week till you complain that I'm boring the fuck out of you and then I'll just carry on telling you how great I think Ben is. 

What is it you like about him?

2 minutes ago, idiwa said:

What is it you like about him?

I like his silly jokes. I'm going to tell you this every week. 

Edit: Actually when I'm listening to the podcast in the car he sometimes cracks a joke and I think "hah, that's funny, I should link that bit in the thread" but then I've long since forgotten to do it once I get home.   

Just now, rafaqat said:

I like his silly jokes. I'm going to tell you this every week. 

I'm being serious. What is it you like about him. If it is his humour then fair enough. I'm just asking.

1 minute ago, idiwa said:

I'm being serious. What is it you like about him. If it is his humour then fair enough. I'm just asking.

I'm serious too.  I like his jokes/his humour.  I'm going to tell you all every week every time one of you moans about him again.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, rafaqat said:

I'm serious too.  I like his jokes/his humour.  I'm going to tell you all every week every time one of you moans about him again.  

Aye. Whatever. 

1 minute ago, idiwa said:

Aye. Whatever. 

What?  You don't believe me when I say I like some of his jokes?

18 hours ago, deerokus said:

Don't use that rubbish app. Podcast Addict would be my recommendation.

In May I moved from iOS to Android (after 10+ years of iphone) and the only real thing I mourn is the loss of Downcast app.

I've tried Pocket cast and Podcast Addict (coughed up for them too) and a few more and they all have terrible UI and UX in my opinion.

Only reason I was looking to Google`s app was to get something dirt simple/ minimal. 

Yesterday I tried Podcast Republic and that feels very close to Downcast.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but take a look at it if you fancy a change.

12 hours ago, rafaqat said:

No.  You are asking us to beleive in the impossible.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, replicant said:

No.  You are asking us to beleive in the impossible.

That's fair enough.  I'd still like to tell everyone that I like his jokes every single week. 

17 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Which one's your fave?

33 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Which one's your fave?

I chuckled at the Sony exec leaving news story.   Shaun Layden...more like Shaun Laters.    Maybe I was having a depressing journey down the M62 but it made me laugh.   Even now I'm smiling thinking about it.  

I just like his goofy humour.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, rafaqat said:

it is not possible. There are no jokes. hur hur, hur.

I feel sorry for Jeff constantly bailing him out.

Every single pun-able word uttered in his vicinity will be punned, that's the Ben Pack Guarantee. No matter who is talking or about what, even an obituary will get punned. 

• Empathy 2

I really like Ben. Hopefully he'll stick around.  I think the podcast needs one more person.  They seem to work together much better when there's 4 or 5 of them.

21 hours ago, rafaqat said:

2020 goals!

I don't really listen to GB. I do watch the odd thing if it flashes up on youtube. They seem (as a whole, I must stress) like a bunch of bored guys who've grown past a previous groove/good time, muddling along with a comfortable listenership in the same boat that's getting gradually less tolerant of it all alongside them. Good in small doses when they're at their best/least jaded and of course I'm not accounting for the fondness and attachment that comes from being with these people for 10+ years, obv - nor am I poo-pooing it. 

By far the most enjoyable GB thing for me is the commentary in this thread and the Rory clips.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

I really like Ben. Hopefully he'll stick around.  I think the podcast needs one more person.  They seem to work together much better when there's 4 or 5 of them.

I think sometimes (on the Bombcast especially) if someone is not into a particular title they'll just shut up for ages. Not pointing any fingers <cough>Jason</cough>.

1 minute ago, Rob Rule said:

2020 goals!

I don't really listen to GB. I do watch the odd thing if it flashes up on youtube. They seem (as a whole, I must stress) like a bunch of bored guys who've grown past a previous groove/good time, muddling along with a comfortable listenership in the same boat that's getting gradually less tolerant of it all alongside them. Good in small doses when they're at their best/least jaded and of course I'm not accounting for the fondness and attachment that comes from being with these people for 10+ years, obv - nor am I poo-pooing it. 

I actually feel Jeff has more spring in his step since having a kid. Brad just feels like he's barley awake. 

Chronic Inane Pun Disease (CIPD) is a terrible thing and the last thing a sufferer needs is people encouraging them.

6 hours ago, rafaqat said:

I chuckled at the Sony exec leaving news story.   Shaun Layden...more like Shaun Laters.

You should check out this DVD m8, careful though you might have an aneurism from laughing too much.

spacer.png

37 minutes ago, Harsin said:

You should check out this DVD m8, careful though you might have an aneurism from laughing too much.

spacer.png

Sorry for laughing at something you didn't laugh at.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Harsin said:

spacer.png

lol

15 hours ago, Harsin said:

spacer.png

I've been staring at that for about five minutes now. I can't get my head around how it's a real thing. I feel like the universe just shifted in a way I don't know how to deal with.