rllmuk
Nespresso

Giant Bomb Fan Club

40 minutes ago, glb said:

Oh that’s what that was. I was half listening while out for a stroll. Put two and two together and got banana at the time.

The whole opening was weird but at least they remembered Jeff hosts content for a living and is a better choice than anyone else when Vinny is away.

Wasn't it more a case that he loves Death Stranding but he understands it's going to be a game that divides people and for GOTY stuff he's going to need the RDR2 crew on board supporting his takes as, so he was placating Abby from Brooklyn making amends for his rants last year

Oh, I might've read into it the wrong way then, as I didn't listen to their GOTY stuff last year. I thought he was saying that RDR2 was much better, and the way he said "Ehhh" when Jeff said "We are all still playing Death Stranding" meant he's given up on it.  It doesn't really seem like his sort of game?

4 hours ago, PK said:

The Hurrminator

I'm really looking forward to Death Standing's embargo lifting after Dan's incredibly unsubtle hints on last week's Beastcast that he doesn't like it, and has already stopped playing it.

Too political yeah?

1 hour ago, glb said:

Oh that’s what that was. I was half listening while out for a stroll. Put two and two together and got banana at the time.

The whole opening was weird but at least they remembered Jeff hosts content for a living and is a better choice than anyone else when Vinny is away.

Jeff was hosting but I felt Abby was backseat driving. 

• Empathy 1

1 hour ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Wasn't it more a case that he loves Death Stranding but he understands it's going to be a game that divides people and for GOTY stuff he's going to need the RDR2 crew on board supporting his takes as, so he was placating Abby from Brooklyn making amends for his rants last year

Oh... now I don’t know what to believe!

But that makes sense too. Dan is so complex!

29 minutes ago, idiwa said:

Jeff was hosting but I felt Abby was backseat driving. 

She wouldn’t be her squawky self if she didn’t. She doesn’t grate on me as much as a certain someone does for others, but wish she knew when to step back sometimes. Mind you, same goes for Alex too.

This WWE2K20 live quick look is already great, Jeff has apparently decided to call in via a walkie talkie

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PK said:

This WWE2K20 live quick look is already great, Jeff has apparently decided to call in via a walkie talkie

Crikey. The Ladder Bullshit big head mode match is quite something.

5 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Where can i find this?

I can't see it on the homepage.

It just finished. Will be up later. 

Just listening to this week's bombcast. Fucking hell, the amount of spoilers they drop without warning about the outer worlds is fucking infuriating!

15 hours ago, APM said:

Just listening to this week's bombcast. Fucking hell, the amount of spoilers they drop without warning about the outer worlds is fucking infuriating!

Yup, Brad being Brad. Jeff at least attempted to be a little more coy but heard one spoiler and skipped ahead.

Beastcast gets recorded today, but uploaded tomorrow, so hoping that means they’ll chat about Death Stranding as the game’s review embargo is 1st November.

Have no interest in playing the game (yet), just looking forward to hearing Dan’s take on it. And how much the team will rattle his cage.

Same here, I have zero interest in the game myself but really looking forward to what shameless Kojima fanboy Dan makes of it.

They said last Beastcast that they would talk about it on the upcoming episode.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I thought they confirmed last episode that this week they’ll be taking about how much Dan hates it!

• Upvote 1

Or loves it!

On the other hand - all of a sudden RDR2 is "not that bad" in hindsight. Hmm:sherlock:

Can't get rid of this quote box lol

On 26/10/2019 at 14:18, APM said:

I think there's one point where Brad spoils something and then goes "the reason I bring this up is to give context to X" and X is another spoiler.

He's such a dummy.

I don't think he goes into these discussions meaning to spoil. I think he just gets super excited about some games and is desperate to talk about them. And then spoils :)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Same here, I have zero interest in the game myself but really looking forward to what shameless Kojima fanboy Dan makes of it.

They said last Beastcast that they would talk about it on the upcoming episode.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Yeah I thought they confirmed last episode that this week they’ll be taking about how much Dan hates it!

Ah, ta. Didn’t make it through the whole of last week’s episode so hadn’t known they’d confirmed discussion would occur. Sweet! Hopefully Dan gets chance to vent his views before they all jump in.

9 hours ago, Couch Corpse said:

How nice have the last few weeks been, not classic Bombcast but very tolerable.

And there was a watchable UPF as well!

Brad and Jeff don't seem to know what to make of Death Stranding - "I don't know if I like this game, but I sure have been playing a lot of it"

• Upvote 2

I’m about an hour in on the Beasters Death Stranding cast and I’m loving it. Usually I find that the talking-about-videogames bit is the worst bit (I enjoy the digressions) but this is some good chat.

As someone who hasn't made it much further than 10 minutes into either podcast (when trying it every few months) for about 2 years, I've really enjoyed both the Outer Worlds and Death Stranding podcasts.

I haven't been as into games in the past 2 years so maybe that's what put me off (as well as the trauma of 2017 GOTY and the BenPackalypse).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

As someone who hasn't made it much further than 10 minutes into either podcast (when trying it every few months) for about 2 years, I've really enjoyed both the Outer Worlds and Death Stranding podcasts.

What was the Outer Worlds podcast?

1 minute ago, PK said:

What was the Outer Worlds podcast?

Last week's Bombcast, I think, where they talked about it. Not a spoilercast or anything.

• Upvote 1

West Coast's Extra Life stream with Jeff, Brad, Jan and Rorie is pretty good so far; they've watched Blizzcon, completed Super Mario Land, and Rorie has discussed how much his new blood pressure medication makes him piss.  They've also got a load of Steam keys to give away but haven't figured out a way to do it without breaking California lottery laws (?)

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, PK said:

And there was a watchable UPF as well!

Brad and Jeff don't seem to know what to make of Death Stranding - "I don't know if I like this game, but I sure have been playing a lot of it"

Engaged Brad is so good, it makes such a big difference.

• Upvote 1

Jeff seems more awake lately too. Maybe Ben is some sort of psychic vampire who crushes their spirits when he is there. 

Where is he anyway? 

21 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Jeff seems more awake lately too. Maybe Ben is some sort of psychic vampire who crushes their spirits when he is there. 

Where is he anyway? 

Out on assignment. Many, many assignments it seems. We've just had a few glorious weeks of very listenable bombcasts, very watchable UPFs, and very enjoyable extra life streams - but iirc next week the good times are over. HURRR strikes back!

• Upvote 3