rllmuk
Nespresso

Giant Bomb Fan Club

I've been listening to a load of the original bombcasts from 2008. The one where it's just Ryan and Jeff trying energy drinks, Brondo, I think, and by the end of the episode, Jeff is just energy drunk out of his head is amazing. Also, loving Jeff's musical interludes with his stupid keyboard.

And finally, what a fucking year for gaming. Their top ten list, I haven't heard what got number one yet, is Burnout Paradise, GTA 4, Dead Space, Gears 2, BK: Nuts and Bolts, Metal Gear Solid 4, Braid, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3 and Fable 2. That's some list for one year.

• Upvote 3

Rory needs to be on more podcasts, he's do daft and out of touch with the rest of the team, which somehow makes him really entertaining. 

I don't know why they sideline him so much, I found him good on Screened as well. 

17 hours ago, PeteJ said:

Rory needs to be on more podcasts, he's do daft and out of touch with the rest of the team, which somehow makes him really entertaining. 

I don't know why they sideline him so much, I found him good on Screened as well. 

Absolutely- he actually plays different things to the rest too. It gets really monotonous when all they’re interested in is AAA console gaming, and the occasional breakthrough “indie” which is still a console production-values fest, whilst they completely ignore vast swathes of interesting games in other spaces.

Good God, no. Rorie is my least favourite member of staff by light years. Dull, waffly, complete lack of charisma or personality.

You might not like Ben, but at least there's something about him not to like. Rorie's only defining feature is that he exists.

More Business Dave, on the other hand, is something I could get behind in a big way.

• Upvote 1

The geforce now discussion on this week's bombcast was infuriating. Brad treating it as a simple David vs Goliath situation and Jeff likening it to some frankly quite bizarre scenarios around renting games.

Publishers and devs big and small pulling titles off Geforce Now is incredibly short sighted in my opinion. My game on a Nvidia server? Why aren't I getting paid? You got paid already when you sold the game. Nvidia doesn't have a store. It's renting you a PC for a period to play games you've already paid for. Longer term it actually increases the possible customer base. Especially for smaller projects. I think the game suggestion that this is companies trying to dictate where they are able to play their games is exactly the right one.

Also it's laughable when you remember there are already companies who aren't Nvidia who offered exactly this even before Geforce Now launched.

Amazed at the GB take on it. This is likely to kill an emerging industry based on nothing but pure greed.

• Upvote 5

What's going on with Ben's accent? I haven't listened for a while but now he's saying "strawped" instead of "strapped" and "embayded" instead of "embedded" and some other weird stuff.

3 hours ago, Moz said:

What's going on with Ben's accent? I haven't listened for a while but now he's saying "strawped" instead of "strapped" and "embayded" instead of "embedded" and some other weird stuff.

I’m sure it’s hilarious. 

Makes sure this song is played on a loop under all Giant Bomb videos from now until the foreseeable future:

On 20/02/2020 at 20:00, APM said:

I've been listening to a load of the original bombcasts from 2008. The one where it's just Ryan and Jeff trying energy drinks, Brondo, I think, and by the end of the episode, Jeff is just energy drunk out of his head is amazing. Also, loving Jeff's musical interludes with his stupid keyboard.

Where are you listening to these? is it just on the site or via podcast apps? 

7 minutes ago, idiwa said:

Where are you listening to these? is it just on the site or via podcast apps? 

Just via my podcast app. 

16 minutes ago, APM said:

Just via my podcast app. 

It's been a while since I tried but in the past its only let me roll back so far, defiantly no content with Ryan. What episode number (roughly) are you listening to? Cheers.

I know its unprecedented times etc but christ I wish they could sort out Abby's mic quality on stuff. It sounds really harsh compared to Vinnie, Alex and Jeff B's mic quality. Same goes for the Animal Crossing quick look. I know, first world fucking problems...

Fwiw I use Podcast Addict on Android and it shows me every single episode, right from the start. I've listened to a few random Ryan episodes in the past year.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, idiwa said:

It's been a while since I tried but in the past its only let me roll back so far, defiantly no content with Ryan. What episode number (roughly) are you listening to? Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Fwiw I use Podcast Addict on Android and it shows me every single episode, right from the start. I've listened to a few random Ryan episodes in the past year.

Same here.

• Upvote 1

The furthest I can go back to via my podcast* app is Sept 2013 (Ryan passed in July that year). 

* Podcast Republic on Android

On 25/03/2020 at 09:14, idiwa said:

The furthest I can go back to via my podcast* app is Sept 2013 (Ryan passed in July that year). 

* Podcast Republic on Android

Try Podcast Addict.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, APM said:

Try Podcast Addict.

Yeah I tried ti when I moved to Android about a year ago and I never got on with it - I have paid for it so I might go back to it just for this. ATM I'm just listening to old stuff via the GB site. Thanks.

I've been really enjoying the Lockdown streams.

I've only watched the FMV one but I have been keeping up with the podcasts.  I get the impression that Jeff is going slightly mad being stuck at home with an infant. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Brad playing Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is one of the more frustrating things I think they've ever done. He has an almost supernatural ability to miss things and forget mechanics.

On the other hand, Alex is doing drumming streams weekly :wub:

I was a bit annoyed at Ben cutting off the discussion of Wrestlemania on this week's Bombcast.  

Not enraged or anything but I was curious to hear what they thought about it. 

On 30/03/2020 at 09:20, Flub said:

I've been really enjoying the Lockdown streams.

I've been watching the Bloodbourne and it's frustrating watching him not lock on to enemies.  I'll probably enjoy it more once he's past the bit I'm at (not far)

5 hours ago, deerokus said:

Locking on makes the game harder I find. 

Maybe that’s why I’m progressing so slowly! :)

Big Jeffrey and the V Man playing Atari ST games and talking nonsense :wub:

• Upvote 3

Jesus, I played a lot of that Ghostbusters 2 game on the ST when it came out, it was shit.

Anyway, Jan is insufferable, so clutch"? Fuck off!

Been really enjoying the lockdown beastcasts.  Like the beastcast has been the better podcast for a while, but it's been great lately.

• Upvote 1

On 22/04/2020 at 20:55, Couch Corpse said:

Anyway, Jan is insufferable, so clutch"? Fuck off!

I don't understand what this means.