Giant Bomb Fan Club

Vinny and Brad playing Astroneer is glorious. Especially the second episode. If you have premium watch it from the Vinny cam.

On 24/04/2020 at 09:17, Mike said:

Been really enjoying the lockdown beastcasts.  Like the beastcast has been the better podcast for a while, but it's been great lately.

Yeah me too. I've been doing a mixture of watching them and listening as a podcast. And whilst the first few were a bit iffy with sound (which must be a nightmare) now listening to them it just sounds like they are in the same room as usual. 

• Upvote 1
On 01/05/2020 at 07:52, Flub said:

Vinny and Brad playing Astroneer is glorious. Especially the second episode. If you have premium watch it from the Vinny cam.

Yeah been watching these all day.  Astroneer has really come on since the last time I played it.  Might encourage the kids to do multiplayer with me. Shame it’s “only” two player. 

The Astroneer stuff has been great. Minecraft stream last night was great too, the start being absolute chaos. There has been a lot of fun, chill stuff coming out over the lockdown.

The group Minecraft stream last night was excellent. Brad, Jeff, Vinnie, Jan, Abby and Ben setting up camp. The first nightfall is just utter bedlam.

58 minutes ago, palaver said:

The Astroneer stuff has been great. Minecraft stream last night was great too, the start being absolute chaos. There has been a lot of fun, chill stuff coming out over the lockdown.

I'm at the bit where they discover

Spoiler

The center of the planet?  Trippy.

Former GB duder Dan Ryckert discovered old footage:

Further down that thread is proof that Dan has really Forrest Gumped his way through his entire life:

• Upvote 1

Sounds like Jeff is having a tough time in quarantine (he posted a pic of an x-ray room on his Instagram) so wouldn't surprise me if nothing is bringing him joy at the moment.

I haven’t really listened to their podcasts since 2018 but have started listening to the Beastcast in the past two weeks and have really been enjoying it. There’s something pretty comfy about being stuck at home and listening to them all also stuck at home. 

The question about tips for podcasting had me laughing my head off. 

I was never Dan's biggest fan, I found his 'schtick' irritating and didn't really like his personality in some respects. I occasionally listen to the podcast he does with his wife about whatever random stuff they've watched recently and on that he seems to pull in his act a little, but there's also been moments where he's spoken about what he was like at college and whatnot - and by all of those accounts he was a twat. Stuff like being as actively annoying as he could be to housemates when hungover. I think if I knew him personally I'd hate him.

I don’t think he did? He was quite critical of it in the podcast, at least in terms of it being a SoR game. He seems to have liked PSO2, although that looks to be barely a game really.

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

He loved Streets of Rage 4. He's one of the good ones.

He certainly didn't give that impression on the Bombcast. All he did is pick holes in it.

• Empathy 1