Giant Bomb Fan Club

2 hours ago, Scribblor said:

Conversely, I found the Bombcast one of the better ones recently and I've found the last couple of Beastcasts dull.

Hi Abby. Sorry for all the mean things I said about you. I guess you’ve got more time to post on rllmuk now. 

Hey, I'm just, like, an average very funny normal person who, like, has a different viewpoint from you old men. Like.

Bjork Bjork Bjork.

Actually, I'm listening to the newest Beastcast now, and it's a good episode. I think I just like the dynamic of a four person team (which doesn't have Ron Funches on it) better than Vinny, Jeff and Alex by themselves. And I liked the Bombcast because of Jeff's Cyberpunk rant, contradicting my stated opinion of his demeanour over the past couple of years.

22 hours ago, Harsin said:

Here's noted videogame expert Jeffrey Gerstmann on a German news channel talking about the CyperPunk fiasco.

When the presenter asks “.. and what did you think of it?”  The look on Jeff’s face as he inhales before he responds.  :lol: I’m sure he wanted to say “ It’s fucked man!” 

I feel strangely proud to see Jeff on this type of platform, although I know he does mainstream media already. 

I wouldn't mind a weekly show in which Jeff Gerstmann explains videogames to Phil Gayle.

Or one where Phil comes to live with Jeff in Petaluma for a while. "I see, so you own two NBA Jam arcade cabinets - why is that?"

Just in case anyone missed it, or didn’t know, their game of the year stuff is going to drop in January. Not having to travel

to San Fran to sit in a stifling room will hopefully enliven things a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching cocky Ben get the shit kicked out of him by Rogue is amazing. He gets to level 15 in his second practice run and then proceeds to get a proper Rogue Schooling.

Vinny being there is just icing.

On 19/12/2020 at 10:03, Harsin said:

Here's noted videogame expert Jeffrey Gerstmann on a German news channel talking about the CyperPunk fiasco.

Joins us from Petaluma California 

thats right 

2 minutes ago, deerokus said:

BEN IS LEAVING 

I'm speechless. I might be able to get back into GB stuff in the future. 

Does this mean someone else gave him a job? Hope for us all. 

I still have hope for Mary Kish. 

Twitch pays too much, GB would be a downgrade. I'm surprised Ben is leaving but Giantbomb is a career dead end, it makes me wonder how long Jan is going to stick around or since they were sold Abby and Ben will even be replaced. 

34 minutes ago, Oz said:

I still have hope for Mary Kish. 

I think she has a sweet job at Twitch, but yeah, she would be perfect.

Abbie and Ben are gone, the world seems better now.

I sure won't miss him scratching his head and armpits every 20 seconds, the filthy bastard.

He's a human being and given how crap a year that was for most people...he has to be painfully aware of a certain social media pressure. Jumped or pushed. Not thrilled to see the current market, but it doesn't really encourage a platform like Giant Bomb anymore. It happened quickly.