Giant Bomb Fan Club

I should probably say, the reasons I think I see these things is because they’re exactly what I’d do. If I had the chance I’d be just like Danny. We’re probably quite similar. It’s probably jealousy too. I wanted to move to NY and have Americans fawn over me and pay me for doing whatever I wanted. 

The fact he’s pulling it off, and doing it with all the little bullshitty tales and bits of erroneous info I’ve probably ‘charmed’ Americans with in NYC bars, is what enrages me. “YOU’RE JUST DOING THE SAME BULLSHIT I USED TO BUT MAKING IT WORK!”

On 01/03/2021 at 11:54, Count Buffalos said:

Danny's pronunciation of 'Walsall' in this weeks podcast was really quite bizarre! 

As a member of the West Midlands contingent I was borderline angry at his absolute mangling of it.  I know Walsall isn't the biggest or most famous town in the country, most people consider it a suburb of Birmingham (and in a lot of ways it is) but it's not the fucking capital of Poland.   

It's been nice having Danny on though.  I guess he's been doing the promo tour for NoClip or something but I've enjoyed having him around again, I stroppily unfollowed him on Twitter when he turned into a full on anyone-but-England merchant during the the 2018 World Cup and with him leaving Gamespot and away from Giant Bomb guest appearances he'd just completely slipped off my radar.  It's been good to check in and I'm glad he seems to be doing well for himself. 

I'm Scottish and I've no fucking idea how Walsall is pronounced. I'd have just said Wall - sall and would have been none the wiser in doing so... Guess that's how Danny pronounced it?

41 minutes ago, Couch Corpse said:

Saidbh - Irish girls name

Upload your attempts all in good fun, would love to hear them. :D

Something a bit like s(h)ardv. 

6 hours ago, Simmy said:

I'm Scottish and I've no fucking idea how Walsall is pronounced. I'd have just said Wall - sall and would have been none the wiser in doing so... Guess that's how Danny pronounced it?

Wait until they get a letter from Milngavie.

17 hours ago, deerokus said:

Well that's daft. Why is there an r in it? 

No wonder Darny got it wrong. 

It’s the local accent. 
Danny kept pronouncing it Warsaw. Like capital city of Poland, ends with a letter w Warsaw.  

I've stopped listening to their podcasts at all for the past couple of months (not through choice, but my job right now involves writing documents constantly and if I listen to any podcast while doing it I just end up transcribing whatever I hear), so all I've been left with is their video output. And frankly, I think it's gone to shit since Ben left.

Not because Ben left - although I've been part of the Ben defense force on here I hardly ever watched anything he was on unless other people were on it too - but the last thing I actually enjoyed that GB did was Going Rogue. I've been dipping back into their back catalogue, and the features I actually enjoy have been ones where they basically play through a game and chat at the same time. Whether that's something like This Is The Run, or Endurance Run or Project BEAST or whatever, the thing I enjoy about their output is a multi episode 'concept'.

It seems like their release schedule has dropped way off, and they're doing one-offs or stuff like the Friday streams where they play different stuff each time and I don't like it. I do hope they get back to that stuff soon, but right now I'm not finding much new content to keep me interested.

4 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

It’s the local accent. 
Danny kept pronouncing it Warsaw. Like capital city of Poland, ends with a letter w Warsaw.  

I think if I said how I think it is pronounced with an Irish accent it would sound like Warsaw too. 

I suspect most people have had very little cause to speak or hear the word in their lives, of course it's going to be wrong. It's not like he's saying Glass Cow or Lay Chester. 

Their content went to shit when the pandemic hit for me. It's bizarre really, loads of boring play of boring games. 

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

I think if I said how I think it is pronounced with an Irish accent it would sound like Warsaw too. 

I suspect most people have had very little cause to speak or hear the word in their lives, of course it's going to be wrong. It's not like he's saying Glass Cow or Lay Chester. 

Their content went to shit when the pandemic hit for me. It's bizarre really, loads of boring play of boring games. 

I met a guy in Florida (I know) once who told me he’d been to London and liked ‘Lie-sester-shyer-sheer’ Square. 

30 minutes ago, Couch Corpse said:

Here's my partner saying it.

https://voca.ro/19uAtL3kMtAE

They’re just on a fucking wind up aren’t they? It gets to a point where if you can’t use the letters properly you should

invent your own like China or Thailand etc. 

(All my dad’s grandparents were Irish and I saw U2 in 1997. I’m just bitter that it’s not close enough to get me a passport despite all the potatoes I eat.)