IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

I mean sometimes I watch things like this and I retain some hope that Jeff can carry this thing forward alone. He is still very entertaining in his own right. 

I'm open to that combination, Jeff & Jeff have had great chemistry the few times they've been on stuff together.

As Vinny mentioned on the last Beastcast, Bakalar has that Ryan-esque quality of just being gregarious, naturally charismatic and able to get on with anybody, which is a personality I think Jeff G bounces off very well.

On 09/05/2021 at 05:57, macosx said:

That see you next game was very funny. Especially the bomb cops skits and the dub game.

I enjoyed the fire escape; especially the five minute discussion on if you could kill yourself by shitting argued byMary :) I found Dan early on in this to be more abrasive and arrogant now rather than the amiable, naive idiot from his tenure at GB though.

I thought this as well, also it felt like the sound mix had Dan a lot louder than Mary and Mike. I think as the episode Dan became more chilled and it felt more relaxed. Hell, maybe it was just anxiety or something.

13 minutes ago, Flub said:

They're still continuing with the beastcast while they sort things out? And Jeff2 is joining you say?

Count me in. 

I thought 311 was the last one? Shame, as 312 would have made it 6 years worth of episodes, which, now I think about it, is fucking mad, I still saw Beast as a new thing.... time goes too fast :(

4 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

I thought 311 was the last one? Shame, as 312 would have made it 6 years worth of episodes, which, now I think about it, is fucking mad, I still saw Beast as a new thing.... time goes too fast :(

I meant bombcast. Sorry

6 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

Beast had an episode zero, so it is 312 really!

Just now, Eighthours said:

Beast had an episode zero, so it is 312 really!

Oh shit, yes, I totally forgot about that, thanks :) That means they did indeed create an exact 6 years worth of weekly content, that makes me even more happy :)

I’m definitely at the ‘bargaining/acceptance’ stage of grief as I’m now looking forward to the Jeff/Jeff era of the Bombcast. 

It’s been easy to lose sight of given the poignancy of the original team leaving, but a Bombcast crew of Jeff, Jeff, Danny, Jan, and Jason is easily the best line-up since Dan went to the Beastcast. What Bakalar offers - goofy energy, and the ability to riff off literally anyone - is exactly what they’ve been missing. 

I love everyone on the bombcast now. Jeff and Jeff have great chemistry during the times they've been on together. Danny brings some nice European flavour with his knowledge of stuff over on this hellscape. And the continuing adventures of Jan and his barber looking for Pokémon cards provides some great stories.

Pockets hates Danny, Mary, Dan...

For shame! 

The fire escape cast continues to be good. They have a good thing there if they keep it up. I always found Mike a bit dull, sometimes slightly annoying on Resident Kinevil, but his personality works perfectly with Dan and Mary. Weird dude though. 

43 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

He said last week that he was around while they needed him, nothing official per se, but he’s in the rotating chair of sorts.

As I understand it Danny told his Patreon subscribers he’s going to be taking a more active role at Giant Bomb for the time being, and (I think) even has a small number of contracted hours. He also has Giant Bomb in his Twitter profile now.

thoughts and prayers with @Pockets

11 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Despite all my dad’s grandparents being Irish, him and his parents were born in Glasgow which unfortunately means I’m not Irish according to their passport office. 

(eats another potato). 

Well a bit disappointed. Guess we still have house of pain.