Giant Bomb Fan Club

Errr.....they just announced that Vinny, Brad and Alex are all leaving Giantbomb.

I guess it's over (even though Jeff is still there).

3 minutes ago, lewismistreated said:

Gutted. Both how I'm feeling, and how Giant Bomb will be after Friday. Jeff, Jan and Jason... just isn't Giant Bomb. 

Fucking wild, man. 

Giant Bomb at its core was the next form of the good GameSpot days. That's literally all gone now. Just Jeff by himself is not Giant Bomb, I agree. 

Most surprised by Brad leaving.

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Most surprised by Brad leaving.

He’s the least surprising one for me, Brad & Will made a Tech Pod is doing very well on Patreon and it’s seemed  for a while he’s getting more into that world.  

Ben, Abby, Brad, Vinny and Alex have all gone since the Red Ventures buyout. The lack of any movement on a studio in NYC always had me wondering if Red Ventures just wanted a YouTube channel and was expecting them all to stream from home from now on. Vinny in particular didn’t seem to want any part of that. I wonder if the severance pay was still on offer, and I wonder if Gerstmann just ends up going back to Gamespot now? His heart is still there and he’s probably still a bigger name than Giant Bomb. 

Oh man, I’m gutted. I never thought that Jeff and Brad would break up. Maybe Jeff ends up going too? Is there any requirement after 6 months for someone to be there?

5 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Any tldr version of this or is it all too unknown still?

To me it seems like pandemic + buyout = not a bunch of duders goofing in the same room anymore.  

After years of manoeuvring, Bakalar finally takes his revenge.

GB's content has been of particular help over the last year, so this is a bit of a blow. I wish them luck with whatever they choose to do next; not anything to do with games, if I had to guess.

Most of them have been sounding increasingly worn out but it's still pretty gutting. Giant Bomb has been a lot of my comfort listening/viewing for quite a while. Hard to even guess at what will come out of the other side now.

Well this sucks. GB was the only videogame content I paid attention to and now it's gone. I'll be interested to hear what Jeff G announces but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Gamespot and the Bombcast is no more.