Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

22 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I'd never heard of it before. I'm learning a lot about real life UK culture thanks to both this forum and Giant Bomb. The stuff you can't read about in smart books

image.gif.f1e332ff28b2b55c4c365d2e04c17b2d.gif

The latest Bombcast is another really good one. Lots of reminiscing about the old E3 day. Our own @CrashedAlex gets a mention from the 20:25 minute mark onwards. Jeff thinking about what Alex must've been thinking as he watched Jeff playing Burnout Paradise really badly because it was day 3 at that point and he was knackered :)

I'm pleased they're still doing the Bombcast and UPF while they redesign the way the site works. Bombcast is great with Jeff hosting and other Jeff is a very welcome inclusion.

Fingers crossed this is a new lease of life for GB.

Waypoint (with Austin Walker ex of Giant Bomb) have started a subs system

https://waypoint.zone/subscribe

Currently the add on is a podcast stream with a pod about some of the history of Waypoint, the main purpose is to try and get them a different metric than pageviews to show Vice they should be allowed to do what they want, not what gets page view bumps.

I assume they want to do another watch along podcast like they did with the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice that almost caused Vice to shut them down a few years ago and need to show some financial backing from fans to get it approved.

16 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Waypoint (with Austin Walker ex of Giant Bomb) have started a subs system

https://waypoint.zone/subscribe

Currently the add on is a podcast stream with a pod about some of the history of Waypoint, the main purpose is to try and get them a different metric than pageviews to show Vice they should be allowed to do what they want, not what gets page view bumps.

I subbed up.

I think they do some of the best and most detailed coverage in the games media and adjacent subjects. It's not just a round up of the news and what games people have been playing. They spent over an hour talking about the Palestine issue recently, how IGN's parent company handled it and the wider issue with how media in general turns a blind eye to genocide.

Probably not for people who like to scream "I just want to hear about games, keep politics out of games" from the comfort of their white skin. 

I think it might be time for me to cancel my sub. I haven't even looked at the site since Vinny left. I'm very interested to see what they'll do next, but I haven't ever enjoyed any content I've watched without Vinny, Abby, Dan, Austin or Ryan in it. Occasionally Alex.

As much as I like the two Jeffs, it was their interaction with those other people that made me want to watch.

If whatever they do next looks good, I'll resubscribe. But with the current line up, doing the sort of content they've been doing lately, I think I'm done.

On 02/06/2021 at 17:48, SweatyTravolta said:

I subbed up.

I think they do some of the best and most detailed coverage in the games media and adjacent subjects. It's not just a round up of the news and what games people have been playing. They spent over an hour talking about the Palestine issue recently, how IGN's parent company handled it and the wider issue with how media in general turns a blind eye to genocide.

Probably not for people who like to scream "I just want to hear about games, keep politics out of games" from the comfort of their white skin. 

Which ep is this?

I haven’t listened to any post Exodus podcasts (or even visited the site) but am thinking about subbing just because it would be a horrible shame if we lost GB before they have a chance to do whatever the heck it is they plan on doing moving forward.