IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

Now what the actual fuck is this?

https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/reel-layers-ep-101-twisters-hidden-protest/2970-21291/free-video

I'm guessing it's supposed to be some sort of parody of pretentious YouTube film analysis. Or is it supposed to be serious and Im completely off the mark thinking it's supposed to be a joke?

Either way it's proper wank.

It's a piss take of pretentious YouTube film analysis.

I thought it was pretty funny. The narrator saying "The film is showing us how fragile our families are, and how easily they can be ripped away" while this is on screen

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.03d1b037f89f1a9cc1099af821e56c3e.png

was a good start.

Thoroughly enjoying the confused reaction from GB sycophants as well

image.png.70ecaf0db829c535cb23185363bec54e.png

I still enjoy the podcast, but this random shit they try and add... it feels like throw enough shit and something will stick rather than a well thought out proposal. The only thing that can save GB is Vinne and Dan as guests on a home improvement podcast.

I think it’s clear as anything that when the new owners came in, they said, “expand the audience, go viral”. It’s not hard to see why 3 old school members/employees/whatever said, “nope!”.

I like GB being strange. This is not strange, this is turd.

You guys are the exact curmudgeonly bastards that you complain the GB crew are! Let's not change anything ever!

Ben and Rorie are shite. Granted. But the only one of the new shows I really don't get is Albummer. I don't think it's even the premise I don't like but the presentation, which includes the presenters.

The GOTG quick look? It entirely got the point of the game across to me, which has been confirmed in further chats about it in the bombcast. It is dialogue heavy in parts and gameplay heavy in others, but the gameplay is monotonous and boring. You need to REALLY want to expand the GOTG narrative to want to play the game.

I have liked the build up to Reel Layers, the confusion about the premise. Who is Brian Stills? They've played it brilliantly, I haven't watched the episode yet but look forward to it.

Yes they are throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. That's how content creation works! That's how Google works! I think they have been more hit than miss, God forbid they want to expand their audience! Just need to pack Ben back off (although keep voicemail dump truck) and keep Rorie away from anything on screen related.

Oh and Nextlander is shite.

Nextlander is slowly but surely turning into gold. FMVinny was great. Their Sea of Thieves streams with Abby were fun, and her and Vinny playing through Alien Isolation was like the stuff they did at GB. Their hitmarathon is fantastic, as was their True Colours play through. Watching Brad do Resi 7 VR has been super entertaining.

GB, on the other hand, is just awful these days. Yes, they're throwing a lot of stuff at the wall, but not a single thing has stuck. 

For me, at least, they are Star Trek Discovery - a change of direction that throws out everything I liked about them in a vain effort to tap into a different audience.

4 hours ago, ryodi said:

The Voice mail dump truck has been split off from the Bombcast into its own podcast that’s going to released on a Thursday they said. Ben will host it and will no longer be on the Bombcast.

Thats nice. I don't hate Ben the way others do but the voicemail stuff does absolutely nothing for me. Let him do that and show up on the Bombcast sometimes. 

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

They've started doing quick looks again!

For some reason, they've started editing them down, wtaf.

According to Reddit it’s only the YouTube versions that are edited. I haven’t checked the site myself in sometime so didn’t confirm. 

My personal favorite is still Metal Gear Scanlon. It was the series that made me subscribe for the first time. The way they set it up just worked really well, Dan as the enthusiastic fan spectating and Drew as the skeptical non hardcore gamer playing and just being constantly surprised/baffled/mystified by what's happening but slowly warming to the series. I watched all of it and was never bored :wub:.