IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

She's been there for a while now, hasn't she? She's just started using her real name instead of calling herself Voidburger. 

This week's is the first Bombcast I've listened to in months so I'm not sure what they're generally like now, but she certainly seems to fit in well and I'm enjoying it.

2 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

She's been there for a while now, hasn't she? She's just started using her real name instead of calling herself Voidburger. 

This week's is the first Bombcast I've listened to in months so I'm not sure what they're generally like now, but she certainly seems to fit in well and I'm enjoying it.

This was the first time she's on the Bombcast, she's now one of the main posse or however you want to call it. That's why Ben isn't on the Bombcast anymore, last week was his last one but he's sticking around to do the voicemail dump truck.

This week's bombcast was way better than it has been lately.

On 18/11/2021 at 07:15, Scribblor said:

She was hired in late October but was behind the curtain for her first month.

I am glad they have a woman on the crew again.

On 18/11/2021 at 06:55, Mr. Gerbik said:

I really like the new crew member Jess! She seems fun and funny and the Bombcast is now good again. First thing she wants to do is a Silent Hill series playthrough like Metal Gear Scanlon, with Silent Hill noob Jan in the role of Drew. That could be fantastic.

That sounds like it could be great, have they said whether it's going to be Premium?

edit:

image.png.7a7d39200e5107f25c0bff9418dfd777.png

Edited by PK
yes they have

2 hours ago, PK said:

That sounds like it could be great, have they said whether it's going to be Premium?

edit:

image.png.7a7d39200e5107f25c0bff9418dfd777.png

I started watching it today, enjoying it so far. There is like a wee 5min clip on YouTube at the moment too.

• 2 weeks later...

My sub renewed because I forgot to delete my card info. Managed to email and get it for cheaper sale price, but wish I didn't spend any money to be honest.

Jess has now morphed into female Ben. Honestly, during the group streams she always pipes in with an unfunny joke. And there love for Geoff Keighley lately has soured me on all of them. Not even a mention during the news segment this week about the blowback from the industry harassment/game awards stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of episodes go they really made me cringe hard.

Talking about some layoffs and Jess quips "oh there's always the cheese factory" oh some bollocks like that and she laughs her head off. I kind of thought what a dickhead but then it wasn't really reeled in and they basically all had a giggle that these people who'd lost their jobs could always work in the local factory. Didn't sit right with me.

5 hours ago, rafaqat said:

Couple of episodes go they really made me cringe hard.

Talking about some layoffs and Jess quips "oh there's always the cheese factory" oh some bollocks like that and she laughs her head off. I kind of thought what a dickhead but then it wasn't really reeled in and they basically all had a giggle that these people who'd lost their jobs could always work in the local factory. Didn't sit right with me.

I don't watch the video version, but when she made the joke did she gurn towards the camera? That seems to be her thing. It's a bit Michael McIntyre.

I did think Jess was fine, but this week’s podcast, she just talks over everyone and has to be the voice heard.

I get that doing podcasts remotely is harder than in person, but, y’know.

Also, am I the only person that thinks her voice sounds like when female voice over artists play the part of a boy in animation? Little bit Bart Simpson, little bit anime.

Man, remember when Christmas was a fantastic time to be a Giantbomb viewer? It's never been more evident than in the "This Day In Gaintbomb" category. Lots of videos of competitions, fun video stuff etc. I know it's different now with no office, but couldn't some stuff have been pre-recorded to go live over the holidays?

It's dead. :(

I sadly have to agree about Jess :( She made a fantastic first impression, I thought she was great. Now she's getting louder and louder, making the same kind of annoying unfunny remarks Ben used to make. Decided that Silent Hill is her schtick so she shouts about it every few minutes regardless of the topic being discussed. And whenever there's a well-known game she never even heard about, she won't stop shouting that she never even heard about it ("I ONLY KNOW SILENT HILL HEE HEE HEE!")

We swapped hur hur hur for hee hee hee :(

It’s almost like all instincts Jeff had about what was and would be cool about gaming media in 2008 have now completely reversed. This reminds me most of when an overweight Axel Rose started touring with a new crew and called it guns and roses. 

I had to stop this week's Bombcast. The only thing worse than people standing up to overlords Disney is the constant anti marvel stuff. I could hear Jess rolling her eyes.

And is Jeff G being dumb or completely oblivious? He whinges about games websites covering Marvel yet hes at a website whose current shows are about bad music, power rangers, internet memes and whatever the hell Reel Layers is.

We need to change the topic title....