IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

I just saw the latest video on their YouTube channel was '5 comedians review Bruce Willis's album'. None of said 5 comedians do I recognise. And then I realised I've not watched any GB content in months. Or listened to any in as long a time. So I unsubscribed from the lot.

Sad day.

Yeah it’s pretty clear that Giant Bomb isn’t really Giant Bomb anymore. I remember there being some confusion as to why Vinny, Brad and Alex left just to do what appeared to be the same thing with Nextlander, but it totally makes sense now. 

Yeah. I was hoping these new shows would be companions to the usual GB content, but looks like they're completely taking over.

I want my video game shows. Steal My Sunshine, random mid week playdates, Die Another Friday. :(

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Yeah. I was hoping these new shows would be companions to the usual GB content, but looks like they're completely taking over.

I want my video game shows. Steal My Sunshine, random mid week playdates, Die Another Friday. :(

Yeh I’m not liking it either. I save maybe back to school. 

...and the talentless twat is on again this week, despite Jason and Jeff being on.

Fuck Ben. I detest the cunt so much. Wonder if Rorie will give me a refund on my sub if Ben is back on a perm basis. 

Just to make it crystal clear; I don't like Ben. :mellow:

As many problems there are with the current direction of GB and the resurrection of The Towering Threat, I will still never tire of Jeff Gerstmann being very silly :wub:

Spoiler

"You have turned in another wet pentagram..." :lol:

44 minutes ago, PK said:

As many problems there are with the current direction of GB and the resurrection of The Towering Threat, I will still never tire of Jeff Gerstmann being very silly :wub:

Hide contents

"You seem to have handed in another wet pentagram..." :lol:

I had zero expectations for this, but this surprisingly great! Feels classic GB even. Jeff makes the show but that Evil Uno guy is again surprisingly great. 

Why is some random ass silly wrestler so much better at this job than Big Ben????

6 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I had zero expectations for this, but this surprisingly great! Feels classic GB even. Jeff makes the show but that Evil Uno guy is again surprisingly great. 

Why is some random ass silly wrestler so much better at this job than Big Ben????

I mean wrestling is literally live theatre, this guy plays to a crowd day in day out for years.

Of course he will be a natural. 

This is why so many wrestlers make for great streamers.

On 08/10/2021 at 13:00, Isaac said:

I mean wrestling is literally live theatre, this guy plays to a crowd day in day out for years.

Of course he will be a natural. 

This is why so many wrestlers make for great streamers.

Yeah, that makes sense! 

They should hire a wrestler instead of the leaning tower of hurrr

I think I'm coming around to this wrestling nonsense. Not that I'm ever going to watch it, oh no - but seeing this I'd rather have GB bring on random wrestlers to do silly game stuff with rather than things like Albummer or whatever the hell that meme show is called.

1 hour ago, Trumpets said:

The only explanation is that Giant Bomb has turned into some kind of accountancy scam, a la The Producers.

I wouldn't be shocked if it's Jeff trying to get out of a long term contract.

It's just infuriating. Big Jeff is talking to Jan about Metroid Dread and wonders how approachable the game is for someone like Jan who has never played a Metroid game before. Is it too archaic in some design decisions for brand new players? Jan starts to answer but before he gets two words in, Ben Hurrr interrupts "WELL THE LAST METROID I HAVE PLAYED IS FUSION. AND I THINK IF YOU'VE PLAYED SUPER METROID YOU'LL BE FINE BECAUSE IT'S A LOT LIKE SUPER METROID"

Jesus.

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

There seem to be a lot of GB fans on other parts of the internet thrilled Ben is back.

Is it an American thing? Does that kind of personality appeal to them? It's baffling.

I think you'll find that in a lot of places where GB discussion occurs there is a cult like mentality of praising every single thing about it and zero criticism allowed.

I dont like particularly like Ben, his sense of humour is awful, he always interupts and his taste in games is different to mine; that said, I could tolerate him being on the show if his mic quality wasn't such trash.

At least the voicemail dump truck is funny. But mainly thanks to the rather intoxicated callers that ring into it.

And on the plus side, the podcast still isn't as dry and as miserable as Nextlander.