IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

I'm now very certain this is a Producers thing, the Jeffs are deliberately tanking the site to get a big pay off. Surely. That theme music is like someone did a big shite between my ears. And why are they still streaming from home? Even if they don't have a studio, the ones who all live around San Francisco should meet up and do something in person. You need that interaction.

Even the GB subreddit has folk saying they finally gave up on the site.

I'm just posting here out of morbid curiosity these days.

I 100% agree with Jeff's opinions on Psychonauts 2 but he's being such a pissbaby about it I want it to win. 

Other than Jeff G they are being brilliantly positive about the games. Would love a version of this without him on it.

Jan's defence of Guardians of the Galaxy was genuinely amazing. If anyone has the premium feed I wouldn't recommend listening to the whole thing but skip to around 1:40 on day 3. It was incredibly heartwarming and honest.

And. I'm. Done. I've had enough, my sub is due in June but I've already turned off auto renew. I've just removed it from Pocket Cast. It's just shit now. Love Jeff but the rest of them, they just fucking get on my tits. As much as I slagged it off initially I've gone back to Nextlander and I might even cough up for the full showlist. I miss listening to them just talking about stuff.

I had on the latest GB Show today and non of it was clicking with me. Its a pisser as I'm been a fan since Game Spot days but I'm getting nothing out of this now.

I'm trying to cut out the negativity in my life (it's good for my mental health I'm  finding) which means I just can't watch anything with Jeff in anymore. He's just so cynical and jaded about everything it just gets me down everytime I listen to him.

I didn't watch the latest UPF but the comments about him sniping at Jess' game choice meant I'm just skipping it. He may be a doofus but at least Dan still enjoys games. And the new Nextlander video series with Mary Kish looks like it's just going to be pleasant viewing.

For games podcasts I'll stick to Back Page Pod. And streaming wise, Limmy never ceases to make me smile.

Positivity is good my friends. :)

The theme tune is absolutely awful.

I still listen to t Giant Bomb and Nextlander. Still get enjoyment out of them but they're mostly long commute backgroud noise rather than something i actively listen to at home. Very different to something like retronaughts or Bonfirefireside chat or Watch out For Fireballs.

On 06/02/2022 at 20:17, Gambit said:

I'm trying to cut out the negativity in my life (it's good for my mental health I'm  finding) which means I just can't watch anything with Jeff in anymore. He's just so cynical and jaded about everything it just gets me down everytime I listen to him.

I didn't watch the latest UPF but the comments about him sniping at Jess' game choice meant I'm just skipping it. He may be a doofus but at least Dan still enjoys games. And the new Nextlander video series with Mary Kish looks like it's just going to be pleasant viewing.

For games podcasts I'll stick to Back Page Pod (AND MHG). And streaming wise, Limmy never ceases to make me smile.

Positivity is good my friends. :)

:quote:

:wub: you Adam.

It's sad that this is going to be the first time during a "Watchalong" Live Stream I'm looking at other options. Might give Dan a go as he's always in high spirits and positive about everything. Even if he is thick as mince at times.

Mass Alex is continuing as Nextlander are now playing ME: Andromeda.

Brad's there as well though so hopefully it's not him being a miserable bore and shitting on everything. Still can't believe he pushed for this to be worst game of the year in the same year that new Bubsy came out.

Giantbombs latest attempt to keep subscribers is......a JoJo Bizarre Adventure anime podcast. :lol:

Only Jeff from the GB crew is on the podcast (Bakalar, not the anime expert one) with a couple of GameSpotters and someone I've never heard of.

I like anime. And I'm actually watching Jo Jo at the minute.....buuuuut All Systems Goku when that was running had a purpose. Dragonball Fighterz had recently been released and Gerstmann wanted to learn more of the lore. And Dan was a great co host for that. This seems a little desperate to try and capture that magic.

Super Eyepatch Wolf is the guy behind the Garfield meme deep dive What The Internet Did To Garfield and it is a masterpiece (Plus many more). If he brings the same wit, knowledge, and insight to this as that, then I'm sure it'll be good. I like Lucy, Tamoor and Jeff B. Not a fan of anime beyond DBZ and Studio Ghibli (probably simply because I haven't been exposed to any really) but if it's your thing, I don't see why this would be that bad.

It finally happened. I pressed Unsubscribe.

I almost deleted it during the tiresome Horizon discussion, but was pulled back in with the ever excitable Jason and KOF. Then once we reached the "Stop Making Video Games Into Movies Discussion #66546" I turned it off.

It's not what I want to listen too when I'm at work. I want enthusiasm. I love some critical discussion but do it in a fun way as a laugh! Back Page Pod is great for this, such is the great chemsitry between the two hosts. There's a bit during this podcast where Majoras Mask got brought up again and it was just Jeff shouting "bad game" at Jess for about five minutes. Lolololol.

I'm watching Limmy as I type this and his stuff is a million times better, and free unless you fancy throwing him a few quid.

I found it mildly funny that this weeks podcast starts with Jeff doing an advert for a service that helps you stop paying for subscriptions you no longer want!

Fourth wall breaking perhaps? Subversive? Trying to bring it all down from the inside for a cheap staff buyout perhaps?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to my first Bombcast in a month, Tamoor Hussain was on for the first part to talk about Elden Ring. It was super fascinating to listen to, both in Tam’s appreciation of the game in that he’s able to articulate why the people who love it really love it and listening to him clearly frazzled at the review process. He bought up a load of points about the way reviews worked that people like Luke Smith and Shawn Elliot were talking about on podcasts fifteen years ago.  Gerstmann giving him the “oh sweet summer child” speech was really well done because it wasn’t in the least bit patronising, just a few home truths about the realities of being in the gaming press in a world where Twitch and YouTube exist.  

Yup. Echo the above post.  Been on holiday with limited internet access. Back after a month and I can’t believe the shit music is still there.  Tamoors description of how he reviewed Elden ring was excellent. The podcast has some standout parts for me still.