Jump to content
IGNORED

Giant Bomb Fan Club


Nespresso
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't mind Ben and the voicemails, one of his Lou Bega jokes this week made me actually laugh out loud. I'd take a Ben over a Jason any day of the week, he contributes barely anything.

 

Jan though, he's the best thing about the Bombcast these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2021 at 11:42, deerokus said:

There seem to be a lot of GB fans on other parts of the internet thrilled Ben is back.

 

Is it an American thing? Does that kind of personality appeal to them? It's baffling.

 

This place is just miserable and likes to focus on the things that annoys it rather than what they like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/10/2021 at 10:53, evilwallpaper said:

I don't mind Ben and the voicemails, one of his Lou Bega jokes this week made me actually laugh out loud. I'd take a Ben over a Jason any day of the week, he contributes barely anything.

 

Jan though, he's the best thing about the Bombcast these days.

 

Yeah the Lou Bega joke was funny.  I find Jan and Ben's game reviews work well. They seem to be a decent duo and vibe off each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Couch Corpse said:

I was going to say the James Corden of GB, an unlikable try hard.

 

That's harsh. James Corden is known to be a massive cunt to people. Being annoying on a podcast is hardly on the same league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

 

Then why do you persist in coming in here and moaning about it on the regular?   We get it. 

I was going to pre-empt your expected and equally tedious counter in my post, but thought you might desist for once. We get it.

 

To answer your question,

1. It's fun

2. There's not many positives to discuss with GB these days.

3. This isn't the subreddit were any criticism equals an insta-ban.

4. I didn’t come back in here moaning until Ben came back.

5. I’m like Fry’s dog in the Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama, just waiting around for GB actual to return. Some day. 🥲

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, look at them just interrupt Ben a couple of times here. As if their views need to be heard first despite Jeff not having played through the game and Jan and Ben having played it way more than him.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're really bafflingly committed to that thing where some random people slate some shitty albums. The Venn diagram of giant bomb fans and people who care about some comedians doing comedy opinions on a "best of fall out boy" compilation album has to be... two separate circles?

 

Their new era is like when Xbox went all in on Kinect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They have to. They bet on it, went with it, and now you have to try and make a success. It's still early days so for now they're going to stick with it. I think it's complete shit and agree with your Venn diagram theory - but you never know, maybe it's a hugely popular feature among the American GB audience or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

They have to. They bet on it, went with it, and now you have to try and make a success. It's still early days so for now they're going to stick with it. I think it's complete shit and agree with your Venn diagram theory - but you never know, maybe it's a hugely popular feature among the American GB audience or something.

Or maybe it's just grabbing an entirely different audience? One that thinks the gaming stuff we like is shit? It's as good an idea as any, i mean, the people who bought GB are there to mamke money, suppose they are using the team any way they can to get tghose ad sales.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really liked the chemistry of Jan, Bakalar, VoidBurger and the returning Abby on the House of Ashes Quick Look. Put Gerstman in there and I think that would be close to my optimum line up. (Sorry fellow Irishman but he could interchange with Abby maybe). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/10/2021 at 03:08, deerokus said:

They're really bafflingly committed to that thing where some random people slate some shitty albums. The Venn diagram of giant bomb fans and people who care about some comedians doing comedy opinions on a "best of fall out boy" compilation album has to be... two separate circles?

 

Their new era is like when Xbox went all in on Kinect.

 

I don't think I've even heard anyone from GB reference this show. I mean if you want to catch new areas why not create a new channel for that area rather than attach it to a gaming channel. It feels more like a squatter on the channel than a valid attempt for growth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/10/2021 at 03:08, deerokus said:

They're really bafflingly committed to that thing where some random people slate some shitty albums. The Venn diagram of giant bomb fans and people who care about some comedians doing comedy opinions on a "best of fall out boy" compilation album has to be... two separate circles?

 

Their new era is like when Xbox went all in on Kinect.

But who will be their Phil Spencer 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought I'd watch their quick look of guardians, maybe it will tell them to get back to doing quick looks and covering games.

 

It's the team of Jeff Bakalar, Jan and Rorie. And Jeff, the only person who had played it, didn't seem to know anything about the game. Christ on a bike, now I see why they don't do game coverage any more.

 

They had a good run, but time to pack it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was going to watch it as interested in the game but sounded like from the comments that Rorie was being a prick. The guy who always skips cut scenes sitting in on a story driven single player game. Good job.

 

Sounds like Jan was into the game but barely had a chance to speak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Was going to watch it as interested in the game but sounded like from the comments that Rorie was being a prick. The guy who always skips cut scenes sitting in on a story driven single player game. Good job.

 

Sounds like Jan was into the game but barely had a chance to speak.

Rorie seemed genuinely confused that it's not the film stars doing the voices, and kept interrupting the others to moan.  Meanwhile Jeff seemed to have made his mind up about the quality of the game based on playing the tutorial.

Left with very little impression of whether it is any good (thankfully plenty of other places that do a better job of that these days).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GB going in almost cold to a game for a quick look was one thing that always annoyed me about some quick looks. I prefer it when the person playing has at least put a good few hours in and has gone back to an early save with that knowledge and can explain things.

 

I mean what's the point of watching people fumble around not having a clue how to play the game (And talking over the game literally telling you what to do) At least don't rely on Rorie to tell you to turn the subtitles on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.