Giant Bomb Fan Club

Nespresso

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

What? The ones I've listened too he seems incredibly happy for the first time in ages.

Compare that to Jess shouting at people because they like Immortality. I wanted to watch some of their bombathon when Vinny and Austin were there but couldn't sit through her, Ryckert screaming and Grubb without wanting to stab someone.

I'll post up the next one that does my head in.  Just spends 30 minutes talking about the stupidest thing that means nothing to anyone and how shit it is.

There's times when I listen to it and think, fuck me I should post about this on the Jeff Gertmann thread but then forget becuase actual real life happens or I thikn why bother going into a thread to have a moan.   Which brings me onto the.....why don't you guys post more in the Jeff rthread on the cool shiut he talked about.  Turn me around and get me (and others) enthused for what he's doing/has done. These threads are just post after post of "oh it's shit and Jeff is better"  So post the positive stuff in the Jeff thread. Show me what I'm missing.  :)

The point further up of Giant Bomb being more diverse is great. I love that Tamoor is on it. But I've talked about that before

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm going to resub this weekend to download some favourite Premium series before they inevitably become streaming-only or disappear altogether, off the top of your head can anyone think of any absolute classics? So far I'm going to grab:

- Contradiction

- Early UPFs

- Most of Vinnyvania

- Save Our Last Souls

- Metal Gear Scanlon (maybe - I fell off it a bit when it was originally on) 

- Any flight sims that Drew, Dave and Vinny played together

I should add that I'm not a fan of Alex or our tall friend whose name must not be uttered in vain lest it incur the Wrath of Raf A'Qat

On 27/10/2022 at 19:21, makkuwata said:

I have very fond memories of the adventures of Charlie Tunoku in the OG Endurance Run, back when they were just starting out on that old couch in the grungy basement. Drew was still an enigmatic off-mic voice.

That's all on YouTube!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Completely forgot the Bioforge series as well

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this stream that Giant Bomb put out called Friday Night Forking. 

It’s a kind of a VJ, live stream, hypnotic and surreal musical variety show that’s frankly just incredible. 

Check it out here: 

Give it five mins of your time!

And in further "downfall of Giantbomb news".

Check out the first comment on the Sonic Frontiers quick look.

https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/sonic-frontiers/2970-21970

An affiliate link for money off the game in question. So more uses of the code means more money for GB/fandom. Which then makes you wonder if they're being truthful or saying more positive things in order to get more money in.

This is the exactly opposite of what Gerstmann envisioned when starting Giantbomb.

58 minutes ago, Gambit said:

This is the exactly opposite of what Gerstmann envisioned when starting Giantbomb.

It's literally in opposition to that shit that Jeff and Ryan built the bomb in the first place. How far the site has fallen.

Of course there are plenty of GB defenders popping up in the comment section "this is how the industry works man!!"

He's backed down on it since but not very convincingly.

I was backing out of a drive way and started a game without thinking. I stopped, played the game, and then actually drove off.

I'm sorry for joking about it and playing it up. It was a stupid thing to say.

All that "I'm an excellent driver so it's ok" is a weird thing to do as a joke.

Whatever. It's a shame what has happened to the site as there's still people there I like.

I don't mind Grubb but that's just a stupid thing to joke about in any way. 

42 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

What a twat. Doubling down on it too.  I look at stuff like that and I just hope that people like Jan, Bakalar and Lucy land on their feet when it inevitably closes down. 

There's no way of saying this without sounding mean but surely Bakalar has to to take the most responsibility for the current state of the site? He's had power there for a while. 

EDIT: Irritating thing with Grubb is that he was a pretty good writer at Gamesbeat. Tonnes of video doesn't suit him. 

2 hours ago, bear said:

There's no way of saying this without sounding mean but surely Bakalar has to to take the most responsibility for the current state of the site? He's had power there for a while. 

I might be wrong but the impression I get is that the people who take most responsibility for the state of the site are people none of us have ever heard of who are in non public facing roles who tell Bakalar what they want and it’s kinda on him to make shit happen.  I don’t think he’s got anything at all to do with the departures of Brad, Vinny, Alex & Gerstmann.   

• 4 weeks later...

Also, people probably didn't hear it because the amount of people who watch giant bomb is shockingly small these days for a supposedly major site.

It's not uncommon for his show to get 0 comments. A far cry from the heyday of people shouting "First" in the comments.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's pretty telling how many people have fallen off Giant Bomb here and elsewhere with the lack of GOTY discussion. What on earth is Jess' problem with Immortality? And what was with it basically being cut to not upset her despite being in two peoples top ten?