Helldivers - From the makers of Magika

Flub

I pretty much spend my whole time on foot just using only my rifle. You always get a nice accuracy rating then which is always satisfying.

Did another hour or so last night, and so far yet to have a bad game with randoms

I've usually fired 6-7000 shots with around a 20-30% accuracy which is ace. Spraying massive caliber rounds indescriminately from the walker minigun makes me hot and bothered.

I'd be covering your back sniping fools when they've barley entered the screen with my 70+% accuracy :)

It's been a hellish day of Google Analytics and Excel at work today so I'm going to pick this up later tonight. I've added some of you in-topic on my Vita but if anyone doesn't mind a rookie fresh off the ramp, my PSN is thisismrle. Hope to get some games in soon.

Mike i often see you playing this, mind if i join your game sometime ?

Sorry just saw this Hooded - yeah absolutely no probs mate.

Patch 1.03 got released today in America and the rest of the world except EU, and Australia I suspect, so I guess we can kiss goodbye to matchmaking and playing with anyone outside the EU again for another week :facepalm:

I think we've got this too now (there was an update last night).

Yeah I saw the patch info on the US Playstation forum, far quicker than the last one fair play. I'd say they learned how slow bad Sony is on weekends :P

This game is so Starship Troopers its a shame they didn't get the rights, but it isn't like the film version, despite the heavy amount of casualties/deaths ( :lol: ), but is most like the animated version (which in itself takes more from the books than the film does - it had powered armour for one!).

I still remember watching it back in '99/00, was like watching a Starcraft cutscene series (the animated cgi looks quite dated now though), and that intro (shame I cant find a decent quality version):

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone on here still playing this? Add me up (SlimmJD) if you fancy as I'm on it a fair bit these days. I have been playing with randoms but, although to be fair the community does seem pretty good, there's quite a lot of suspicious multiple players with very similar names which I suspect are bots.. or people who spam "negative" constantly.

Also, anyone know how I can unlock distracter beacons?

I'll confess I haven't played for a while but count me in for some games. Username is thisismrle.

You get new strategems by completing each mission on a planet. I think these are randomised but you can check what planet gives what reward prior to setting off. This is also true of multiplayer games.

Added :).

Yeah I thought it might be that. Planets and rewards are pretty limited at the moment, so I guess it's not possible to unlock until the war opens up again and you can fight someone other than the Illuminate.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

What is it with these amazing game threads that only have a handful of posts?

Anyway I've sunk about 2 hours into this and it is absolutely right up my street. I love the friendly fire aspect and the upgrade trees seem to be focussed around maximising your playstyle rather than providing unique unlocks, which is fine so long as the squad has a spread of skills. I'm rolling a sniper build at the moment because I've found too many trigger happy people so far and I don't want to add to the confusion, so I'm keeping it simple.

If anyone fancies co-op, drop me a line on PS4 - smithstock. I'll be playing this right up to the hardest difficulties. After which point I might have to look at playing more Magicka too.