Cities: Skylines - SimCity 2015

Rudi von Starnberg

My finger's on the trigger for this, I'm just holding off a day or two in case people suddenly discover the game takes its mask off and it was old Mr EA all along. Plus women made it? Eurgh.

The videos look ace.

I reckon you'll be happy. You'll play it for far longer then it would take to drink it in a pub.

I've not checked but i hope theres a "drive mode" where you can just get in a car and drive through your city (or at least jump in with an AI). A mod where you can drive your own car (which glues to the road system) would be nice too.

Great. I wasn't even aware of this game until yesterday and I stumbled upon this thread. Now I've watched a few videos and with it being £17 on GMG before I knew what had happened I'd bought it. SO THANKS. No seriously, thanks, I love a good city building game.

Really looking forward to this tomorrow, it looks great. I haven't watched many streams as I want to find out for myself what works and what doesn't.

Also very chuffed with myself for sticking to my principles by never buying the most recent Sim City, despite being a lifelong fan of the series.

Probably old news but I just read that you can have the cars driving on the left hand side of the road, nice touch!

Does Steam do a midnight unlock or anything?

I'm now more keen to play this than much else that's been released recently for some reason and impatient with it..

Sometimes, but that is up to the developer or publisher. Sometimes you can unlock games early using VPNs if a game is unlocking at midnight in each country. Instead, I think this unlocks worldwide tomorrow at 5 or 6PM GMT. Kind of lame, really.

GMG doesn't seem to have the keys to send until tomorrow either.