Cities: Skylines - SimCity 2015

Rudi von Starnberg

That wouldn't be the same :( Not least as it would impact on my overall happiness/not horrendously polluted rating! I want a happy city upstream, and a miserable, polluted ruin of a city downstream! You know, like Oxford and Reading.

There are a couple of useful mods on the workshop. The first will autosave the game every 10 minutes. There is another one on there that will let you set the autosave timer although I haven't tried that one yet. And a second mod that will auto bulldoze any burned down or abandoned buildings which is nice to have I guess. Plus extra buildings that spawn in residential/industrial/commercial zones too which will hopefully make the areas have slightly less samey buildings.

There is also a first person mod that allows you to walk around your city as a little tiny person. I haven't tried it but it could potentially be interesting.

So might have to start over my town (it's 5 tiles) as I thinK I've done really goofed with the traffic.

I want to fill up all the space, but grin style is just horrifc for traffic

Zig Zags are quite good. Like grids, but you get less intersections for the amount of space you lose.

EDIT: Although that is out of date. And I've not got around to making them one way yet, which is on the To Do list.

My city is starting to bring my framerate to a halt if I go to street level downtown :D
This was how I started out - you can't really see it but that area is quite hilly, leads to lots of nice winding residential streets.

JSikDjR.jpg

This is how it looks now. I have some completely horrible motorway junctions, and I still need to find some way to bring the 'up' side of the highway/bypass type thing which runs through the industrial area round to the south east area. The bit on the east is where I have an opera house, expo centre, a large 'park' of sorts (put down the park with trees, don't zone around it, and put a lot of trees and paths). and upmarket shopping area, it isn't well connected to the city. I also need to sort out that mess of roundabouts and on and offramps in the part where I started.

dgvko1k.jpg]

Gah CD Keys have sent me a duplicate code for Dead Rising 3(???) Not impressed with using them for the first time!

Hasn't happened to me before (no comfort there, I know) so I am not sure how fast their customer response time is but they seem a pretty decent site- hope it gets sorted soon mate.

Hasn't happened to me before (no comfort there, I know) so I am not sure how fast their customer response time is but they seem a pretty decent site- hope it gets sorted soon mate.

Fingers crossed. Just purchased the game as a last minute present for the wife. Hopefully it'll be figured out by Saturday at least. She's an architecture and urban planning major so this'll be right up her street! Loving the impressions and pics from everyone so far

Bah. Bought my first steam game in a while, crashes on launch. No idea what to do or where to look. 2010 iMac. Running back to the reliability of PSN.

Model: iMac11,3

Language: English

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz (4 core(s))

System Memory: 12288

Gfx Device: ATI Radeon HD 5750 OpenGL Engine

Gfx Version: OpenGL 2.1 [2.1 ATI-1.28.29]

Gfx Memory: 1024

Gfx Shader Model: 30

Game Version: 1.0.5

Did this already get posted? It's great, and it also shows the strengths of the simulation well.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-strange-tale-of-a-cities-skylines-town-with-only-one-house/

I definitely need to get a better hang of transport, making buses that connect to metro stations that go to train stations that reach the airport - the game models citizens transferring between diferrent forms of transport and such properly. will probably have to do it in my second game as my bus network is a hilarious mess.

I've never used steam workshop before... Is there anything I need to know before downloading some of the mods?

As Cities allows mods to run un-sandboxed, potentially someone could write something malicious. So make sure you know what you're downloading.

As Cities allows mods to run un-sandboxed, potentially someone could write something malicious. So make sure you know what you're downloading.

Ok thanks. Are there any essential mods out there? The autosave one sounds good.

There's maybe a few too many busy intersections there for my liking, the one coming off the bridge looks especially bad. That'd be the one to try to alleviate - maybe a second bridge?

There's a whole area I need to redo just off the bottom of the map.

This is 'clusterfuck corner':

ZADaPfo.jpg

Thinking about making an elaborate one way industrial system to fix it (or make it worse).