Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

Right, so. Help me out, gang.

I don't have an Xbox One but it's likely that I will eventually get one. Maybe towards the middle or end of this year.

All my RB1-3 DLC is on 360.

For instruments I own one wired Rock Band guitar, one wired GH Explorer, two wireless GH Les Pauls, a wired Rock Band drum kit and a wireless GH drum kit.

The Les Pauls and the GH drums are my instruments of choice by a wide margin. I'd rather not use RB brand instruments unless there's literally no other way to play the game.

What do I need to buy/stockpile in advance so that I'll have the best options to play RB4 once I eventually get a Bone? Should I be ordering adapters from America?

You need either:

• The wired legacy adapter produced by PDP, which will enable your RB guitar and drums. I don't know about the Explorer's compatibility in this case. 
  • The wireless adapter here for the two Les Pauls and Guitar Hero drums, which ought to work as per the compatibility chart here.

At least, that's my understanding. So grab that wireless adapter and you ought to be good.

Bear in mind that the wireless adaptor does the job, but doesn't seem to allow two people to be signed in on different accounts - all instruments connected through it are assigned to one account.  I ended up buying the blue guitar when it was cheap at GAME, as there didn't seem to be any way of getting round it.

Actually while I'm moaning, the new online quickplay is a bit shit too. Had a go with @Varsity last week. There's no matchmaking so you can only play when you've got friends online by inviting them to your 'green room'.  Only one player can be signed in on the console when you go into online mode, so you can't have two people playing online in the same room.  Also the scores earned in quickplay mode didn't seem to get counted in the weekly Spotlight challenge, because Varsity got 100% playing 'Bethany' on bass and it didn't show up on the leaderboards.

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

Have we ever had the 9 free Euro tracks from RB1 added on the Bone version (Muse's Hysteria, Oasis Rock n Roll Star et al)? I think they're the only things I'm missing now. 

No and it's really annoying as Hysteria was my guitar song of choice by quite a margin. I really like the patterns in it.

17 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

You need either:

• The wired legacy adapter produced by PDP, which will enable your RB guitar and drums. I don't know about the Explorer's compatibility in this case. 
  • The wireless adapter here for the two Les Pauls and Guitar Hero drums, which ought to work as per the compatibility chart here.

At least, that's my understanding. So grab that wireless adapter and you ought to be good.

10 minutes ago, mr twig said:

Bear in mind that the wireless adaptor does the job, but doesn't seem to allow two people to be signed in on different accounts - all instruments connected through it are assigned to one account.

That's actually a lot easier and more painless than I was expecting. For twelve quid I might just buy one of those things now, on the off chance that they would go out of stock by the time I buy a Bone.

I wouldn't be playing locally with anyone else who cares about scores or achievements so I don't think it matters much if everyone's on the same profile. How does that even work though? :)

12 minutes ago, mr twig said:

Actually while I'm moaning, the new online quickplay is a bit shit too. Had a go with @Varsity last week. There's no matchmaking so you can only play when you've got friends online by inviting them to your 'green room'.  Only one player can be signed in on the console when you go into online mode, so you can't have two people playing online in the same room.  Also the scores earned in quickplay mode didn't seem to get counted in the weekly Spotlight challenge, because Varsity got 100% playing 'Bethany' on bass and it didn't show up on the leaderboards.

That's disappointing. I've not had chance to try it yet, but I guess that rules out a Rock n' Rll(muk) get together. Also, the spiel about online quickplay seems to imply only those with the Rivals expansion can play online. That's a bit shitty for those who haven't bought the expansion given HMX have been promising online play since the release of RB4.

6 minutes ago, SteveH said:

No and it's really annoying as Hysteria was my guitar song of choice by quite a margin. I really like the patterns in it.

I'm the same. I love Hysteria. I'm just going to have to buy it again, aren't I?

I'll be all over No Doubt this week then. Two things:

1. I'm away from next Friday for three full weeks, diving around Sri Lanka, so obviously won't be able to contribute. I will be happy to step aside if anybody wants my space in the 'muk crew.

2. Does anybody (hopefully 3 others) want to try a 4 player band co-op thing between now and then? I'm after a couple of the achievements (8x multiplier and score 1 million points on a song, not sure we'll be able to split a vote?) but will also be fun to play in a full band for a change.

5 hours ago, reef said:

I'll be all over No Doubt this week then. Two things:

1. I'm away from next Friday for three full weeks, diving around Sri Lanka, so obviously won't be able to contribute. I will be happy to step aside if anybody wants my space in the 'muk crew.

2. Does anybody (hopefully 3 others) want to try a 4 player band co-op thing between now and then? I'm after a couple of the achievements (8x multiplier and score 1 million points on a song, not sure we'll be able to split a vote?) but will also be fun to play in a full band for a change.

Me me me! Achievement hunter extraordinaire!

EDIT: Only 35 songs to pick from this week and sadly due to money issues can't expand my library like usual...gonna be a lot of repeats :(

Quick question for anyone in the rivals crew who might know - if two people are playing offline quickplay in the same crew will their scores count towards rivals xp or does it not count as it's band quickplay? And if it did count would they both need gold subs?

@Varsity @ryanski How is this Monday or Tuesday night for you for online play? I'll be on from 8pm until my eyes go all funny (usually about 2 hours of Rock Band play later). I'm mostly playing bass these days, but can do guitar. I don't have a mic or drums (well I do have ions but no pdp adapter, grrr!)

I have no idea if online scores count towards xp, I would hope so but wouldn't be surprised if they don't. If that's the case, happy to get achievements and then go solo for xp.

I think local quickplay counts towards spotlight score and xp, but online quickplay didn't seem to - it certainly didn't save the score when we tried it last week.

We generally play 2-player through the rivals option on the menu though so I can't be 100% sure.

Although you need to choose quickplay to do brutal mode don't you? So local quickplay must count I guess.

30 minutes ago, reef said:

@Varsity @ryanski How is this Monday or Tuesday night for you for online play? I'll be on from 8pm until my eyes go all funny (usually about 2 hours of Rock Band play later). I'm mostly playing bass these days, but can do guitar. I don't have a mic or drums (well I do have ions but no pdp adapter, grrr!)

I have no idea if online scores count towards xp, I would hope so but wouldn't be surprised if they don't. If that's the case, happy to get achievements and then go solo for xp.

24 minutes ago, mr twig said:

I think local quickplay counts towards spotlight score and xp, but online quickplay didn't seem to - it certainly didn't save the score when we tried it last week.

We generally play 2-player through the rivals option on the menu though so I can't be 100% sure.

Although you need to choose quickplay to do brutal mode don't you? So local quickplay must count I guess.

I think it counts xp just maybe not spotlight scores, my Bethany score deffo didnt register but my played count had gone up im sure after we played. Will have to see. Either night is fine for me for online, can only really do guitar in the evening though, drums too noisy and i don't want my housemates to hear me singing lol!

On 04/02/2017 at 13:34, Varsity said:

Yea I'm really struggling to play anything this week, just don't enjoy what I have :/

Same. I have loads of No Doubt (bought it for my ex many, many years ago, but I fucking loathe them and that's accounts for >50% of the tracks I can play this week. I browsed the Store and it's just all very unappealing.