Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

It definitely feels more achievable this week but I guess it depends how the week goes on...managed to get my game working for now, although it does crash to dashboard every so often...will try and put in some decent xp while im on though!

Sometimes I wonder where all the other singers are, and it seems like you've all been singing Blondie!  I just sang Call Me pretty well and was really pleased with myself, then realised I was signed in as Twig.  And now I can't beat that score because I'm all sung out!  At the moment we're still in the blue, I don't know if we have a hope of moving into the green but it'd be really good if we could at least stay up...

59 minutes ago, Munty Cakes said:

Sometimes I wonder where all the other singers are, and it seems like you've all been singing Blondie!  I just sang Call Me pretty well and was really pleased with myself, then realised I was signed in as Twig.  And now I can't beat that score because I'm all sung out!  At the moment we're still in the blue, I don't know if we have a hope of moving into the green but it'd be really good if we could at least stay up...

Staying up shouldnt be a problem, don't think a promotion is doable unless everyone plays a shitload. 

55 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Staying up shouldnt be a problem, don't think a promotion is doable unless everyone plays a shitload. 

I wouldn't get complacent about even staying up, things always speed up in the last 24 hours as all the crews make a final push.  We're also at a disadvantage as UK time means the challenges finish in the middle of the night, i.e. we lose those last few hours to get us over the line.  Last time Munty made a heroic effort and sung about 50 songs in an evening to keep us up, I don't think that's sustainable each week.

I'm more concerned at the suggestion that Brutal mode scores more points than Expert which is why we're always at 50% or so on the Spotlights.  Can anyone confirm or deny this for sure?

Hmm... just watched the intro to Rush's 2112 on RB4 being played on Expert and Brutal modes and the scores are identical up until the first Star Power trigger (one guy activates it, the other doesn't, so it looks like they're the same. Maybe there's a larger XP bonus for Brutal Mode? Or maybe people are FCing every track and using optimum star power timing.

42 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

I wouldn't get complacent about even staying up, things always speed up in the last 24 hours as all the crews make a final push.  We're also at a disadvantage as UK time means the challenges finish in the middle of the night, i.e. we lose those last few hours to get us over the line.  Last time Munty made a heroic effort and sung about 50 songs in an evening to keep us up, I don't think that's sustainable each week.

I'm more concerned at the suggestion that Brutal mode scores more points than Expert which is why we're always at 50% or so on the Spotlights.  Can anyone confirm or deny this for sure?

Well if its looking grim or you think it needs a bit of a push, let me know and I'll jump on and spam songs as I've not played that much this week.  Regarding Brutal Mode it does apparently give more xp. 

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/280782/would-rivals-crew-challenges-encourage-you-to-try-brutal-mode

Hey, great work guys, we stayed up!  It's been a really good week.  I don't know what would've got us out of the red for the spotlight songs, but luckily it didn't matter anyway because you've all been playing so much and so our XP was really high!

4 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

I've not played this for a while - have the PS4 exports been sorted out now? I think I read a while ago that they should be sorted in January...?

I am happy to report that RB, RB2, RB3, AC/DC, Green Day and LEGO are all exportable into EU PS4 RB4.

I think there's some small track packs to come (pre-order stuff, the 20 bonus songs from the code on the back of the original RB2 manual) but the games are done.

It's only taken 18 frikkin' months for them to sort it and now it has been i really don't know if i can be arsed to fire it up.

46 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

I am happy to report that RB, RB2, RB3, AC/DC, Green Day and LEGO are all exportable into EU PS4 RB4.

I think there's some small track packs to come (pre-order stuff, the 20 bonus songs from the code on the back of the original RB2 manual) but the games are done.

It's only taken 18 frikkin' months for them to sort it and now it has been i really don't know if i can be arsed to fire it up.

Fantastic! It's only shocking RB3 in the RB in-game store. Do you need to sort it out via the psn store instead?

55 minutes ago, Hardbattle said:

Fantastic! It's only shocking RB3 in the RB in-game store. Do you need to sort it out via the psn store instead?

Yeah. If you search for "export" on the PS4 store they all come up. Any you aren't eligible for are listed as "unavailable".

Ooh, I love Frank Turner and sang that very song last week!  I've never heard of Basement though and at first misread it as Basement Jaxx.  This week's challenge does sound good, though I'm not feeling very patriotic at the moment.  I might just sing all the miserable songs tonight as a form of therapy...

Actually, forget the miserable songs - singing lots of cheesy songs earlier made me feel a lot better!  Erasure, One Direction, Busted and Squeeze have all worked their magic.  I would really recommend Busted's Thunderbirds Are Go, it sounds like it should be terrible but somehow manages to be brilliant!