Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

54 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

Great spotlight songs. Really good selection. Although it does mean there could be possibly anything in the weekly challenge. 

Yes, it looks like there should be a good range of artists this week!  We won't be able to play on Monday or Tuesday because my parents are coming to stay but we'll do what we can over the next few days.

Even Flow is one of my favourite songs to drum to – we used to cover that when I was in drumming in a pub covers band at the ripe old age of 14.

EDIT: How much XP do you think each band member needs to average for us to get to Bloodstone? Our total XP was ~112,000 this week, so... 15-20K each, do we reckon? Something like 3 hours per week? That's a lot.

14 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Even Flow is one of my favourite songs to drum to – we used to cover that when I was in drumming in a pub covers band at the ripe old age of 14.

EDIT: How much XP do you think each band member needs to average for us to get to Bloodstone? Our total XP was ~112,000 this week, so... 15-20K each, do we reckon? Something like 3 hours per week? That's a lot.

Awesome - we'll be looking to you to set the top score for that one then!

I don't know how much XP we'll need but I think I did 5 hours last week (I may be a bit obsessed)!  I won't be able to do anywhere near that for the new challenge though.  Three hours is loads and I'm sure all you people who actually have social lives won't be able to manage that.  I reckon we might do well on the spotlight songs this week though, so maybe XP won't be as much of an issue?

42 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

The promotion line is around 90%, so we need to get at least 80% on the spotlight scores before XP even matters for promotion, because our overall mark is an average of the spotlight and XP scores.

I'll study those charts I linked to earlier. Not sure what they mean though.

9 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I hope I can resist the urge to add in extra notes on Even Flow - my top score isn't that great as I just get carried away (him away, him awaaaay... yeah). 

Do you want our spare pedal by the way?  I can have a look for it if you do, just let me know.

I can definitely do more for the Crew XP in any week where it looks like we're not scuppered by the Spotlights. Usually by Sunday or Monday it's clear we've done all we can and I end up easing off a bit as long as we're in the safe zone. 

1 hour ago, Munty Cakes said:

Do you want our spare pedal by the way?  I can have a look for it if you do, just let me know.

I'm going to get my electronic kit out of the garage and set that up to see if I can keep it in the living room first. If so, I'll buy a Midi adapter and use that. If not, I'll definitely buy it off you guys. 

8 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I'm going to get my electronic kit out of the garage and set that up to see if I can keep it in the living room first. If so, I'll buy a Midi adapter and use that. If not, I'll definitely buy it off you guys. 

OK then!  I suspect it's under the stairs.  I might send Twig in there at some point, though I don't think he really knows where it is either.  We definitely didn't get rid of it though, so it must still be around somewhere!

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

I can definitely do more for the Crew XP in any week where it looks like we're not scuppered by the Spotlights. Usually by Sunday or Monday it's clear we've done all we can and I end up easing off a bit as long as we're in the safe zone. 

This is pretty much me as well, I try and play on the Thurs/Friday and see what it looks like after the weekend, if it looks like me playing will barely/if at all affect the outcome I normally don't bother. 

Stupid Xbox updates I every time I switch it on. 20 minutes and counting (yes, I'm timing it!). 

I wish I'd never signed up for the Preview. 

Edit: it took 30 minutes to update. Useless. 

Edit 2: Trashed my previous score on Even Flow first time!

Edit 3: ... and again :lol: 

I'd somehow never heard that Hall and Oates song before, but I'm really enjoying all the songs this week!  Aren't we doing well so far?  And there's not a song where I feel like I have to do it but don't really want to (like that dreadful 'Recession' a couple of weeks ago).  And I get to sing Stevie Wonder again! :D

Well... we finished in FIRST PLACE this week and won, not only the undying respect of everyone in the world, but also a very underwhelming virtual badge.

GO US! :)

What's the theme this week? All things to do with Air / Space / Flying / Dave Grohl? Are we going to have the Foo Fighters in the mix for the 25th challenge in a row?

Finally managed to get my disc working to see that we're teetering on demotion, nothing to do with my Sunday, slight drinking problem, 50 songs to play for this week, I got this lads (and lasses!) don't worry :D:D

Managed to play a whopping total of 6 songs before my disc was spat out again :/ Wouldn't mind buying it digital but there's no option to just buy the base game, I'd essentially have to buy the Rivals bundle for £50 :( I'll try and get on again later.