Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

22 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

It's been a constant problem in this tier.  We can easily top the tier below but then get absolutely stuffed in Diamond without any hope of narrowing the gap.

There was quite a lot in the last update from Harmonix regarding shutting down common exploits (and how to deal with the leaderboards once the highest scores are no longer achievable).  I'm wondering just how widespread the cheating is at this level in the game.  It'll be very interesting to see if our fortunes change once the fixes are applied.

Let's hope they sort it out soon, it'd be nice to have a more realistic picture of how we're doing compared to other crews (and to be recognised as the amazing crew we are, of course!).

Missions mode coming to the next update:

The new Missions system will take you through every mode Rock Band 4 has to offer, presenting you with a wide variety of objectives across different instruments, difficulties, songs, and more. Completing Missions give you badges (which are being combined with the existing Rivals Mode badges) that you can view in a collection or even show off to friends in Online Quickplay. You might be required to get at least three Unison Bonuses in each of 10 different songs, or hit 250 notes in Overdrive in a single song, or get Gold Stars on a handful of devil tier songs. Those participating in Rivals Mode will be able to accomplish even more, because some Missions are only available to Crews. On top of this, if you haven’t made the jump to Rock Band Rivals yet, there will be some Missions available to everyone who owns Rock Band 4.

Going into the Missions Screen will show all Missions available to you. Each Mission will give you a set number of Mission Points when completed (along with a nifty badge), and additional missions are locked and hidden until you pass varying Mission Points thresholds. Some Missions will refresh weekly with Rivals Challenges (Like having your Crew fill every instrument on every Spotlight Song with a 5-star score), others will be included with the update. Future Missions will be delivered via server updates, so we’ll be able to send more goals your way without the need to patch the game.

You might find yourself completing a Mission or two through regular gameplay, but if you want to specifically tackle a Mission that’s focused on specific songs, you can select that Mission and it’ll take you to your library, pre-filtered to only the applicable songs.

It goes without saying that some Missions take real chops to complete. You always view your badge collection in the Completed Missions tab…or if you’re feeling particularly proud, you can even show off your favorite badge in your Online Quickplay introduction!

A host of Missions for you to tackle will be included with Rivals Seasons in the upcoming Rock Band 4 update, landing in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on our channels for other goodies that’ll be included in the patch, additional news about Rivals Seasons, and more!

Sounds very similar to how it worked in Rock Band 3, and that's a good thing.

They've added a lot to Rivals since launch, though, haven't they?  I wonder if we'll ever see a new expansion.

So, so happy with the missions. The goals were probably my favourite thing about Rock Band 3. You constantly had something to work towards no matter what you were doing. Just putting the game on and playing a few songs is all well and good, but having these multiple little goals as a method of tracking your progress and skill improvement was a really nice thing to have.

12 hours ago, Illyria said:

I have a silly question. Are these cheaters in these kinds of games? 

Not really, at a stupidly high level (less than 1% of players) there are a few tricks to get higher scores but nothing the average player needs to worry about, and the next update is stated to sort that out anyway.

I play Guitar Hero and the other day got into a battle with a guy who had over 1000 wins I think, and while the screen didn't show him actually doing anything, he kept collecting points and won the match easy, which is why I asked. But maybe it was just the internet connection not displaying things correctly, or something.

1 hour ago, Illyria said:

I play Guitar Hero and the other day got into a battle with a guy who had over 1000 wins I think, and while the screen didn't show him actually doing anything, he kept collecting points and won the match easy, which is why I asked. But maybe it was just the internet connection not displaying things correctly, or something.

You want to get on RB4 with us lot instead :D 

2 hours ago, Illyria said:

I am waaaay too bad :lol: what platform are you guys playing on?

think most of us play on Bone, certainly the Rivals Crew is on there. I think most people actually went with that version due to the previous gens DLC and Exports carrying over, and most people played on 360 last gen. :)

19 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

think most of us play on Bone, certainly the Rivals Crew is on there. I think most people actually went with that version due to the previous gens DLC and Exports carrying over, and most people played on 360 last gen. :)

Speaking of which we seriously need to get some online sessions going at some point.

It is very narrow...if 'boys' (and band names) are included then we'll have Fallout Boy and the Beastie Boys (although I guess they may just go for family members).  Mumford and Sons will almost definitely be in, and we might at a push have 'Birth in Reverse' (appropriately enough), but I'm not sure there'll be much to choose from really.  I actually cope better with fewer songs though as I'm incredibly indecisive and struggle when there's a huge list!

Ooh, just realised - if 'girls' are included then we'll get Van Morrison again!

Harmonix are running another one of their community surveys - it's quite short and previous surveys have been quite influential in terms of determining the direction of the franchise so some of you might be interested in filling this out.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/May2017RockBandSurvey

(NB: the only correct answer to "What new features would you like to see in Rock Band 4" is "Pro Keys". I'm relying on you guys here)

5 hours ago, Munty Cakes said:

Ooh, a singing challenge!  I can't wait to see what else comes up.  I am slightly worried about that Chandelier song though as I always avoid it (plus it sounds really bad, but who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised)!

I'm hoping for some Paramore popping up this week then! 

Just now, Varsity said:

I'm hoping for some Paramore popping up this week then! 

Actually, I did check a few artists for song difficulty earlier out of curiosity and I think it's fair to say Misery Business and Still Into You will definitely be in (hooray)!  I imagine we'll end up with a lot of Queen too, which is no bad thing (and Bohemian Rhapsody will be great for boosting XP).

I'm really excited about this challenge, I just hope the spotlight songs don't turn out to be impossible! There's always practice mode though.