Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

That's one of the disc songs, isn't it?  It's a bastard on everything from what I remember.  At least everyone else will be struggling as well as us, we just need to push hard for promotion this week.

So it is. I seem to remember being unable to play it because of the fast hi-hat sections.

Listening to TtFaF for the first time since Guitar Hero III. Blimey... it's fast isn't it?

@Munty Cakes Seems that way. Get your death growl ready as well! I'm hoping that Ghost of Perdition is finally included in a challenge :wub: 

I think I've got a middling chance on TTFAF (famous last words) so I'll buy that now and hopefully a decent chance for Soul Raven McBovril now they've patched the fast cymbal issue.

Dream Theatre can sod off, though.

5 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Anyone up for a band XP session this evening?

I'll be on from 19:00 - 20:30 tonight if you around, I'm happy to play guitar or bass. I'm playing Gears of War 4 at 20:30, I can't let the guys down with our Horde achievement hunting. Sorry for not being on Rock Band so far this challenge week, I'll try and make up for it today and tomorrow.

On 2017-6-12 at 17:01, reef said:

I'll be on from 19:00 - 20:30 tonight if you around, I'm happy to play guitar or bass. I'm playing Gears of War 4 at 20:30, I can't let the guys down with our Horde achievement hunting. Sorry for not being on Rock Band so far this challenge week, I'll try and make up for it today and tomorrow.

Good luck with that Gears lol I feel your pain, the grind is real. Still got another 3 campaign runs ahead of me. 

OT: I will TRY to get on this week, haven't forgotten about it just trying to get through some backlog + work!! 

It looks like a good week - loads of choice, and it's nice to revisit some old favourites!  The spotlight songs aren't bad either (not tried the new one yet though - only just got it and there's men outside fixing next door's car so I don't want to get the microphone out right now...I guess I could close the curtains but that'll just make me look suspicious!).

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

I've got it. Is that the one where she barks like a seal all the way through it? It's awful.

Ugh, I loathe 'Zombie' - it's one of my least favourite songs of all time (precisely because she does bark like a seal, which is deeply unpleasant)!  If you could take care of that one so we don't have to buy it I'd be extremely grateful.  In return I will deal with Carly Rae Jepsen (which I've sung and enjoyed far more times than is respectable for a lady in her thirties)!

Just now, Garwoofoo said:

I will do what I can! I might have to rope my other half in if my strangled yelping doesn't cut the mustard (it is at least a song she will have heard).  At least it's only a Silver week so competition shouldn't be too fierce.

Thanks!  Sorry to put you (and possibly your other half) through that.  Hopefully you should be okay as the vocals are quite low (I think - I've avoided that song for a long time so may be wrong!).  I'm delighted I have an excuse to sing Carly Rae Jepsen again.  I'll have a crack at that Imagine Dragons song too, though despite singing it once I have no memory of it at all.

What are the chances that everyone at Harmonix likes Green Day and the Foo Fighters...?

Erm, I have Zombie and think it's fab and it's one of the few songs (I think) I can sing. Going to see if I can find my mic and show you just how bad I am at singing it. Last time I sang anything was Beatles Rock Band. Like riding a bike isn't it?