Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

While I am still on my self imposed exile from the forum, I just thought I'd let the fellow Rock n Rllmuk crew know that I'm still somewhat active in the game (I'm trying to play about 20 songs a week, but it doesn't always happen) even though I'm not around much any more.

Also, some more older songs have reappeared in my Manage Games list. I've just downloaded 'Dont Stop Believing', 'Gay Bar' and 'Smooth Criminal'. Apart from the free Euro Rock Band 1 disc songs, I don't think I'm missing much else now. 

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

While I am still on my self imposed exile from the forum, I just thought I'd let the fellow Rock n Rllmuk crew know that I'm still somewhat active in the game (I'm trying to play about 20 songs a week, but it doesn't always happen) even though I'm not around much any more.

Also, some more older songs have reappeared in my Manage Games list. I've just downloaded 'Dont Stop Believing', 'Gay Bar' and 'Smooth Criminal'. Apart from the free Euro Rock Band 1 disc songs, I don't think I'm missing much else now. 

Aye, I had about 8 songs to download the other day, worth checking ready to install on RB from time to time to see if anything has worked its way back.

We only have 38 songs this week and seem to have a freedom/America theme going on - it's basically country week in disguise, isn't it?  I do quite like most of what's on offer though.  And playing all the Presidents' songs last night reminded me that my five year old loved them when he was a toddler - so I put one of their albums on this morning and he shouted 'on my playlist!' when every single song started.  I think it's fair to say he still likes them!

Yeah I've been lax too, still struggling with back problems and sciatica like the old man I am but have some injections scheduled for next week which will hopefully start to resolve the issue. Once we get up to a tier where we need all hands on deck I'm sure I will be fighting fit!

1 hour ago, spatular said:

Sorry I haven't been on this much lately, as I've said before feel free to boot me out if anyone wants the space. Was going to have a go now but foiled by an update.

Nobody's knocking on the door looking a spot so need for anyone to leave. Now that you're updated you'll be good to go next week when it becomes a lot tougher :-)

It's Platinum tier this week as well which is where we finished last time round, and the point at which the competition starts to build.

I don't think there's any demotion this time around so we just need to break through that barrier once and we've beaten our previous record.

1 hour ago, Munty Cakes said:

Well, I guess we were due a metal challenge but I'll miss the spotlight songs from this week (especially Freewill, my new favourite Rush song)!  Disturbed will be okay but I have no idea what the other two bands sound like...

Ghost are the best. Cirice is an excellent song for the whole band, especially vocals – there's a great note-hold 'whoa-oh' bit in the last chorus. This song won a Grammy for Best Hard Rock song a year or two ago.

Note: they're very tongue-in-cheek

EDIT: Listening to Worshipper now – very Stoner rock. Pretty standard riff and the vocals sound like they'll be fun. Not crazy Death Metal this time around, which is nice.

Thanks for enlightening me!  That Ghost song sounds like it's definitely in my range, and I think I've actually sung that Worshipper song before because it sounded very familiar.  I'm glad I've got some proper singing to do rather than screaming and shouting (though I did enjoy revisiting Rage Against the Machine this week!).

Given the current spotlight scores, the difficulty of the spotlight songs, the small number of promotion places and the amount of top crews in this division I think the ship has sailed for promotion this week. However, a massive crew effort next week can certainly see us climb another rung. Even without relegation it'd take quite something to see us reach the highest tier by the final week of the season week 8, but it can be done. Just probably after this week. :lol:

I think that's right.  Bear in mind we are still in the "top tier" (i.e. no-one has climbed higher than Platinum so far) so we are still in the same tier as all the Bloodstone nutters.  They'll get promoted above us next week, we'll stay where we are and then we should have a much easier time of it.

Everyone's made a really good effort with the Spotlights too, they're bloody hard and we've got great scores - it's depressing to see us languishing around the 25% mark!

Did anyone ever work out if there was a way to connect Rock Band 4 to an electronic drum kit that has a USB-B output rather than a MIDI output?

I'm aware I'd need a MIDI-pro adaptor and the PDP wired legacy adaptor as a minimum but I've not seen any actual evidence of anyone getting a USB kit to work. Is it as straightforward as buying some more convertors for the signal? It's costing me a fortune to source replacement parts for our RB4 pro drums now and investing in all this stuff would probably be a more sensible long-term solution to keeping things up and running; however given the scarcity and expense of those two adaptors I'd like to see some evidence that it's actually going to work before taking the plunge.

I'm aware that this is the nichest of niches for a niche game but has anyone got any ideas?