Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

I don't care for trophies normally but only having one left on this (which is my favourite game) is really pissing me off. It's the 'reach level 900' one and I seem to have fucked myself by playing most songs on hard in the past, the only instrument I'm close to that score is bass where I'm level 880 but progress is so slow.

To increase my level I need to beat my hard scores but when you've got 100% there it can be almost impossible for somebody who is not great at the guitar such as myself to beat that score on expert, which I need to do to level up. So I'm kind of stuck in the situation where I need to play 50-100 songs just to get one point. It's a fucking nightmare!

Yeah, I think I've got that one to go, along with the "5 stars on every disc song" and the absolutely ridiculous "Full streak on 5 consecutive songs" achievement (which is almost impossible now they've removed the little badge awards from most of the modes).

My boy's got the 900 award on drums though so it is doable.  Like you it took him ages to get the last few points.  We did a bit of reading around and it seems to be based on the average stars you've got for each difficulty tier.  Once he started concentrating on improving scores he'd got previously (mostly songs he'd played early on, got three or four stars on and not revisited), it came more quickly.  It is a surprisingly harsh requirement though.

I think the songs will seem really short this week - no 17 minute monstrosities.  But to be fair, I did manage to get a lot done during the breaks in that Iron Butterfly song (drinking tea, reading Catch 22, playing on Words with Friends and ironing, appropriately enough).  And the singing was okay, but 3 claps to 1% over five minutes or so, with the same boring 1-2-3-4 rhythm throughout should be banned as it is utterly soul-destroying!  Was it better on other instruments?  I did wonder what it would be like on drums...(not that I could have managed it myself!)

Here's the image in question:

20155757_10155689057150209_5695719175606

The Iron Butterfly song was pretty fun on bass but did have a break of several minutes in the middle.  Only the drummer really has stuff to do all the way through and it looked like it got seriously hard at about the 75% mark (just after everyone comes back in following the solo).  Overall I really enjoyed the song but it'll be nice to get something shorter this week.

• 2 weeks later...

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGGkJC1scRKewB4k/giphy.mp4

Can't seem to link to this week's challenge...

However this week is as good a chance as we've ever had to make it up to Bloodstone tier.

Sterling work by Mystery Twig, Munty Cakes and Daga Daga Bush have got us hovering around 85% on the Spotlights (with possible room for improvement still).  This means that if we all really go for it over the next few days, we have the chance to force the Crew XP total up high enough to tip us into the promotion zone.  Usually we're held back by the Spotlights, but that might not be the case this week.

Basically: if there was a week you were planning to put the hours in, this week should probably be it.  Good luck everyone!

If you can have a crack at At Night In Dreams on drums, that would be handy: I think Daga Daga Bush has done what he can on that one, and it's one of the two Spotlights where there's palpable room for improvement (the other one being New Slang on vocals, but with that one I'm honestly surprised anyone can stay awake until the end of the song).

20 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

If you can have a crack at At Night In Dreams on drums, that would be handy: I think Daga Daga Bush has done what he can on that one, and it's one of the two Spotlights where there's palpable room for improvement (the other one being New Slang on vocals, but with that one I'm honestly surprised anyone can stay awake until the end of the song).

I've gold-starred it since you posted but think I may be able to get a better score if I use star power more wisely.  I wish they'd chosen a livelier Shins song, I really like them when they're not being boring!

11 hours ago, Thread Astaire said:

I see the pdp wired legacy adapter is back in stock. The turds don't ship to f'ing UK though :(

Destined to never play this on xbox. Ridiculous microsoft.

It's infuriating.

Anyone in America fancy being an international shipper? 

12 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Ahhhh fuck. There goes my kick pedal. 

I'm on a mission to clear out the cupboard under the stairs today, which is where we suspect our spare pedal is.  I will keep you posted!  I think I may have a better chance of finding it than Gar has of finding his, seeing as it's definitely either there or in the attic.  If it was anywhere else I'm sure our seven-year old would've found it by now, because he has a knack of seeking out technology (such as taking my ipod out of my bedside table so he can go off and listen to Dido in secret - he's such a rebel!).

7 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

It's infuriating.

Anyone in America fancy being an international shipper? 

I got one shipped from Amazon USA in the first run- are they back in stock there?

It's insane- you'd think they'd now that the people left playing are fairly keen on the game, and so more likely to want these kinds of accessories. Why not allow them to be shipped internationally? They only have themselves to blame for interest tailing off internationally otherwise.

Worth asking in ask the forum I'm sure if anyone can ship for you, I got mine when they launched thanks to a family friend over there who thought it all sounded a bit dodgy but posted anyway thankfully, otherwise I'd have sold my xbox one and still be playing customs on 360. 

If a pedal can't be found for kerumba I've one where the plastic was replaced by a wooden foot plate and is not gonna break, don't need it so it can be donated to a valued crew member.

21 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Ahhhh fuck. There goes my kick pedal. 

:( 

We've found our spare, it's just a basic plastic original one so you might want to strap some metal to it or something.

PM me your address and I'll send it over, unless you'd rather have ryanski's indestructible one!

3 hours ago, mr twig said:

We've found our spare, it's just a basic plastic original one so you might want to strap some metal to it or something.

PM me your address and I'll send it over, unless you'd rather have ryanski's indestructible one!

If I can, I'll have both! Just kidding (a bit). ;) 

That's really kind of you, very much appreciated. 

So this week's theme is "obscure shit"? I quite like that.

Are all of those songs DLC though? Or are some of them ones that have come as part of the various packs that have been given for free?  Don't much fancy buying three new songs in a week.

By the way, I see they have announced a "Season Pass" for the upcoming season 2 - basically including any new DLC songs that form part of the Spotlights for the new season. You save a bit by buying the pass upfront rather than all 8 songs individually. It's a great deal for silly people like me who automatically buy anything that's a Spotlight song.