Jump to content

Rock Band 4


Yoshimax
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Are all of those songs DLC though? Or are some of them ones that have come as part of the various packs that have been given for free?  Don't much fancy buying three new songs in a week.

 

By the way, I see they have announced a "Season Pass" for the upcoming season 2 - basically including any new DLC songs that form part of the Spotlights for the new season. You save a bit by buying the pass upfront rather than all 8 songs individually. It's a great deal for silly people like me who automatically buy anything that's a Spotlight song.

 

I think they're all DLC...I don't recognise any of them.  The season pass does sound good - we tend to buy the spotlight songs too (I think there were only two that we vetoed).

 

Listening to that Ministry song now (it's from the album 'Land of Rape and Honey', incidentally - lovely stuff!).  I'm not sure I can do the vocals justice but they sound ok-ish.  I guess we'll buy it though I think it may be one we never play after this week.  The Shelters song is nice and jangly, I'm really looking forward to singing that one, and it sounds like it's in my range, hooray!  Might try it on drums too...

 

By the way, kerumba, our spare pedal is all packed up and ready to go.  I'll take it to the post office this afternoon!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

@Munty Cakes and @mr twig Thank you!! Let me know what I owe you. 

 

You don't owe us anything!  It wasn't being used and the postage was only about a fiver, so it's all good.  Think of it as a gift (but make sure you use it so we have a chance of getting to that elusive Bloodstone tier)!  You'll probably need scissors to open the parcel though, I became massively paranoid it'd come apart in the post and went a bit mad with the Sellotape.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Munty Cakes said:

I think they're all DLC...I don't recognise any of them.  The season pass does sound good - we tend to buy the spotlight songs too (I think there were only two that we vetoed).

 

A quick check on the app shows that I already own the Animal Flag song but not the other two, so I guess that one must have come as part of a pack at some point. The Shelters track looks like it's new this week.

 

Incidentally the app is great these days for this sort of thing.  You can check to see what songs you own, and buy DLC direct from the app.  It's much quicker than going through the in-game store and it push-installs it straight to your Xbox One so it's ready to go next time you play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Varsity said:

Abysmal selection for me this week, 36 songs of which there's only 3 I think I've even played before :/

 

Might there be some you'd like if you tried them?  I quite like having different songs for a change, a lot of previous spotlight songs are now favourites of mine despite my never having heard of them before (You Make My Dreams and Freewill in particular spring to mind).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Munty Cakes said:

 

Might there be some you'd like if you tried them?  I quite like having different songs for a change, a lot of previous spotlight songs are now favourites of mine despite my never having heard of them before (You Make My Dreams and Freewill in particular spring to mind).

 

It's a weird one, when Rivals came out I would play every song included that week even if I'd never heard of them before but I have to be in the mood to play something new if that makes sense! I will have another look later and give some a go :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Varsity said:

 

It's a weird one, when Rivals came out I would play every song included that week even if I'd never heard of them before but I have to be in the mood to play something new if that makes sense! I will have another look later and give some a go :)

 

Have a try, there are some interesting ones that don't usually come up (which obviously is the point of this week's challenge!).

 

I tried to gold-star that Shelters song on bass this morning, but due to being a bit cack-handed it's not happening!  Might try again later (I know there are bassists in our crew who will manage it easily but I'd like to see if I can do it anyway to restore my faith in my rather rusty guitar skills).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listen, I don't care if every single one of you hates every single minute of the time you spend playing these dreadful songs this week.  We're all going to have to grit our teeth and joylessly bash away at them for at least 12 hours a day - AT LEAST - if we're going to have a chance of taking our rightful place in Bloodstone tier alongside such famous crews as 'Smash Moth' and 'EMERGENCY ROOSTER'.

 

Daga Daga Bush has done 9 songs already.  He is spending his school holidays wisely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mr twig said:

Listen, I don't care if every single one of you hates every single minute of the time you spend playing these dreadful songs this week.  We're all going to have to grit our teeth and joylessly bash away at them for at least 12 hours a day - AT LEAST - if we're going to have a chance of taking our rightful place in Bloodstone tier alongside such famous crews as 'Smash Moth' and 'EMERGENCY ROOSTER'.

 

Daga Daga Bush has done 9 songs already.  He is spending his school holidays wisely.

 

Yes dad :( We have the better crew name though ! 

 

Not the best of starts for me, guitar batteries immediately died halfway through the first song :/ Gonna be one of them days! I might have a pop at drums actually not played them in months....though my xp contribution will be minimal because I struggle on most songs on hard lol! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mr twig said:

Listen, I don't care if every single one of you hates every single minute of the time you spend playing these dreadful songs this week.

 

I can honestly say I have done my fair share of dreadful songs today (I'm saving the better ones for later, as a treat!*).  I've 'sung' Hour of Rats and quite a few free songs I can't remember.  I've been singing Stigmata again and again too, but can't quite gold-star it yet (weirdly, it is kind of growing on me, which I didn't expect at all.  I'm enjoying the 'Stigmataaaaaaaa!!!!!' bit, and also the up and down 'li-i-i-i-i-i-es' bit).  I have managed it on bass though because it just does the same riff literally all the way through.

 

* however, one of the songs I've left till later is Thunderbirds are Go by Busted, so obviously this is all quite subjective.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Varsity said:

Not the best of starts for me, guitar batteries immediately died halfway through the first song :/ Gonna be one of them days! I might have a pop at drums actually not played them in months....though my xp contribution will be minimal because I struggle on most songs on hard lol! 

 

I've been trying drums this week (for the first time in about six months) and have only just moved up to hard!  So my XP contribution on them is minimal too, which is why I generally stick to singing (with occasional forays onto bass).  I do like a bit of drumming for a change though, and setting off star power seems easier on drums than anything else.  I just have massive problems using the pedal and struggle to fit it into the rest of the song.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mr twig said:

Plus both of the Kula Shaker songs are on the list this week!  It's a great week!

 

Obviously I've saved them for later too.

 

Also, everyone should download Thunderbirds are Go as soon as they get home because it's brilliant (not just subjectively, it actually is!).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Munty Cakes said:

 

I've been trying drums this week (for the first time in about six months) and have only just moved up to hard!  So my XP contribution on them is minimal too, which is why I generally stick to singing (with occasional forays onto bass).  I do like a bit of drumming for a change though, and setting off star power seems easier on drums than anything else.  I just have massive problems using the pedal and struggle to fit it into the rest of the song.

 

Aye, I find drums difficult. Used to be fairly decent back in the RB2 days but just not put enough time in since. I get frustrated at not being able to do the pedal in conjunction with other notes correctly or being able to do fast streams of notes. It's a similiar thing when I was learning the guitar for the first time only lower in difficulty. In that, Medium feels too easy and I'm not actually feeling cool playing it but most songs on hard are too hard. 

 

I've tried playing with auto kick turned on but just feels like cheating. Managed to complete a total of 2 songs this morning before turning it off, I just don't really like most of the ones I tried. Might visit the store and go on a bit of a buying spree if there's anything decent that falls into this weeks challenges. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There really isn't anything on the store in terms of rivals songs this week apart from Kula Shaker for me anyway. One of the songs this week that counts is called 'good' and it's anything but, though it's been played twice already cos needs must and all that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've mine boxed and labelled but didn't make it to the post office this morning after a tiring night shift. In the box is a metal plated pedal and a spare wooden foot plate, which can be easily put onto the the pedal from Munty and Twig in place of the plastic one. Looking like it'll be Tuesday morning now unless I can fob it off on someone else to post for me on Monday! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ryanski said:

There really isn't anything on the store in terms of rivals songs this week apart from Kula Shaker for me anyway. One of the songs this week that counts is called 'good' and it's anything but, though it's been played twice already cos needs must and all that. 

 

I sang that one yesterday to get it over with!  And I also sang that song by Bent Knee which doesn't seem to have a tune.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found out today that Daga Daga Bush has passed his grade 2 drums exam with a Merit, still less than a year from when he first picked up a pair of drumsticks. The examiners are basically still trying to catch up with all the stuff he's taught himself playing Rock Band. 

 

Obviously I'm very proud of his achievement but it's also a marvellous two fingers up to all those people who've laughed at our little plastic instruments game and mocked us for not spending our time learning an actual instrument instead. Turns out you can do both!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apologies guys for not having been on much recently - there was a sudden death in the family a couple of weeks ago and I've not really been in the mood to play. I've tried to play a handful of songs each week, but not been in the mood for much else. I've played about a dozen songs today and I wished I'd had more time to help out (Congrats to Munty Cakes, Mr Twig and Ryanski who have done phenomenally well this week, seriously impressive work guys). We're at 93% at the minute. Let's hope its enough. 

Just as an aside, I think I love 'Shadow' by Bearstronaut. It's very 80s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.