47 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

A small fortune. The Xbox One accessories seem a little more expensive, but you're looking at the best part of GBP 100 each (if not more if still sealed) for the guitar, drum kit, cymbals.

Bloody hell!! That's mad!!

Thanks.

I've listed in my sales thread so if anybody is after kit let me know. :)

On 30/05/2020 at 21:08, PDogg said:

Guys, is that on Xbox? I'd be keen if so and theres space? PDogg UK.

I was in Xbox today and still couldn't invite you from there. If you send a request to join rock'n'rll(muk) I can accept it from the app. @PDogg

• 2 weeks later...

Been meaning to come back in with an update of where I've come since early May when I decided to get back into Rock Band - So, I now own the following;

360 and Xbox One:

Mad Catz Legacy Adapter 

2 x Rock Band Beatles wireless drums - 1 x RB3 3 Pro Cymbal pack of 3 cymbals which make the game 10 times better!

Wireless Hofner Bass from Beatles RB (good but too long)

Wireless Rickenbacker from Beatles RB (Incredible)

Rock Band mic x 3 (1 has built in controls which is really useful)

360 only

Wired Fender Precision Bass - very limited numbers of this and it's pretty awesome but ultimately a bit of a showpiece more than anything

Rock Band Keyboard - bought this when it came out but coudn't get along with it and struggling again as it's such a headfuck

Rock Band 2 ION Drum Rocker with 2 x cymbals - Aaaaaaaamazing!!!!111!!!

Xbox One only

Rock Band 4 Fender Jaguar - Beautiful and super easy to play but more like a toy that any other RB guitar

On the software side

Rock Band 1, 2, 3 (with 500 customs) and RB4 with 150 paid for DLC's so far.

RB ACDC, Green Day, Beatles and RB Lego

Think I might have to stop now hahaha, this shit has cost me a small fortune but I love it all and I'm just working at improving my drumming across some of the amazing customs available for RB3. Mostly trying to play GnR, Arctic Monkeys and Metallica on expert. 

If anyone wants a set of wireless drums for 360/xbox one (needs an adapter) then hmu. \m/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Fused - I bought one recently for the 360 for £60 (new) from eBay and it came within a day, I thought that was a result!!

Another update in the ongoing saga that is getting back in to Rock Band in a big way - I've since bought an Alesis Surge and I'm selling the ION Drum Rocker, which allows me to have a proper ekit for when I am unable to play my acoustic set as well as use it in RB 360. Loving the Surge, the mesh heads are awesome but the drum sounds aren't as good as they could be. Still, decent for the price.

I also bougth the midi adapter as I said above and I was looking for a RB2 wireless kit so I could take it apart and use the brain to connect my Alesis to RB4 without the £750 PDP adapter (using Roll Limitless - www.rolllimitless.com) but I ended up buying RB3 wireless drums by accident (albeit with the 3 cymbal expansion), and these don't work in the same way so aren't much use to me. I now have 3 wireless 360 kits (2 x beatles, 1 RB3) and 2 x RB3 3 cymbal expansions. FFFFFFUUUUUUU, should propbably sell it all but might well keep most of it in case something breaks.

Still, I have established that I can buy a lot of DLC for RB3 on the 360 and use my eKit with proper charts (as opposed to the awesome, but ultimately not official customs, and the poor RB3 on disc music) and get the RB4 version free to use with one of my 2 full pro setups (RB Drums and Cymbals). It's a shame I didn't realise to buy DLC on 360 if possible before I laid down on a ton of stuff for the Xbox One that isn't then free on the 360.

TLDR - Rock Band is a massive awesome headache and I still can't use my shiny new eKit on RB4 because people are asking for £750 for the adapter that would have been $10 back in the day. My missus hates me as my house is full of Rock Band stuff and actual drum kits. 

I've got a set of PS4 Rock Band drums that have been used about twice and are sitting gathering dust. I don't want to post them anywhere but before I take them down to CEX does anyone here, who is close to Newcastle upon Tyne, want to buy and collect them? Is £50 too much?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dave7g said:

I have a 360 Guitar Hero World Tour guitar and a wireless 360 controller dongle for the PC, could this possibly work on xbox1? Guitars are stupid prices now.

Good news! According to this list from Harmonix, your guitar is compatible.

Bad news! You'll need a Rock Band Legacy Adapter to make the bastard work - which are also now selling for stupid prices. Mine broke about a month ago, so I fucked around for almost an entire day with a soldering iron before admitting defeat and ordering another one from CEX.

Thanks for that. I'm going to give up my dreams now. Too much faffing about, I'm not sure my guitar even works to be honest, I recall it having a sticky fret button. Probably not worth it.

I just joined the crew or whatever it’s called but after a 3 year hiatus my aged hands and dampened ability aren’t cutting it on expert so I’ll be putting in hard difficulty scores till I can iron out the kinks. Apologies for the shocking contribution on that last stretch I’ll do better this time.

1 hour ago, beenabadbunny said:

I just bought an Xbox One so at last (five years late) I’m playing Rock Band 4 for the first time.

I looked up the Rllmuk crew but it’s full. :(

Oh I can sort that out very easily. There are a few dormant members so give me an hour and then send a request to join.

Brill, thanks. I’ll have a look this evening after work.

I don’t actually know much about what Rivals is or how it works. Any chance you could give me a quick bullet-point list of what you need me to do once I join?

Guitar is the most accessible for me. I’m a bit rusty after a few years off but I can still 5* most things on expert. Dipping into the 4* for the really shreddy stuff but it’ll come back.

I do own drums but they’re in a different room than the Xbone so it would mean unplugging the console and moving it when I wanted to play. If you’re desperate for drummers I’ll see if I can do it.

There are 3 ways to earn points over the 5 days of the weekly challenge. First there are 3 spotlight songs whereby it's important to get the best score possible across all 3 songs on all instruments. Secondly there's a thing called LP, where your score is basically how you rank on each song against other crews on individual instruments, from a list of weekly themed songs usually numbering about 100. Thirdly, the xp earned from the amount of songs played from that themed list. 

Hope that is somewhat helpful! 

32 minutes ago, ryanski said:

@beenabadbunny there's a space now. It would be good timing as the challenge starting tomorrow evening is our last chance to achieve bloodstone tier for this season. 

Could I get one as well please? Monkeyboyx. I probably was invited and then didn't play but I'll make a concerted effort.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Could I get one as well please? Monkeyboyx. I probably was invited and then didn't play but I'll make a concerted effort.

Can't invite you to the crew without you being on my friends list so either send me a friend request or request to join the crew from within rivals, whichever suits. 

4 minutes ago, ryanski said:

Can't invite you to the crew without you being on my friends list so either send me a friend request or request to join the crew from within rivals, whichever suits. 

Assuming you're ryanski on there I've just followed you (I checked, we share followers).

Ugh, that’s a bit rubs. I’ve got actual band practice tomorrow so I won’t get on then either. 

Not likely to be a problem for long, to be fair. We rehearse in a local music pub and I fully expect it to get closed again in the next few weeks.