Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

Hi everyone, it’s been so long since I played any Rock Band but seeing the thread updated has me keen to get back into it. Looks like I have still have my place in the crew (phew) I promise to deliver some good numbers for this new season. Right, where did I put my battery charger?

On 30/10/2020 at 16:30, ryanski said:

:seanr: Death On two legs killed the clamp for my snare, I used to have 3 spares but now they're all dead. Not looking forward to the task of finding another if Ion clamps aren't standard size with other drum sets. 

Had a look on Gear4music and the one you’ve ordered should be fine. Hope it arrives soon.

By the way that song is an awful lot of fun to sing. 

1533E215-7ABB-4D62-9016-DB311F65B49D.thumb.jpeg.63c7f3f477974a6db13fdb9cddd71f49.jpeg

On 31/10/2020 at 10:15, Varsity said:

Cool, will give me something to aim towards other than mindless quickplay, how do I join again? Was in it waaaaaay back when Rivals launched but not messed with clans since :D

Sent you an invite. Just go into rivals to accept. 

On 03/11/2020 at 14:44, ryanski said:

Sent you an invite. Just go into rivals to accept. 

Cheers back in now, good to be back, if a lil rusty ^^ Will contribute today for a few hours before work. 

It's fitting that one of the featured songs this week is Paramore, it's like the stars have aligned :D

Still in the band but I haven’t played a show since March and there’s not much sign of improvement there really. Everything since then has been postponed at best, cancelled at worst.

As far as Rock Band goes it probably doesn’t help as much as you’d think, if I’m honest. Believe it or not I don’t actually listen to studio Queen all that much any more. I’m far more likely to put on a live show, and even then I’m usually paying the most attention to the drummer :D

21 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Where am I better off contributing my time? I assume playing songs the rest of the club haven't, is probably more worthwhile than registering lower guitar scores than what we already have on everything?

That's what I've taken from it, I'm sure someone confirmed it earlier in the thread.

2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

That's what I've taken from it, I'm sure someone confirmed it earlier in the thread.

Fair dos, time is limited so I'll just crack through the ones no-one else has. Still feels like I'm not contributing much aha, anything less than like 99% is 100 points on guitar xD

You actually gain more xp from playing songs others have already played as long as you haven't played it yet. Also you get more xp from playing online with randomers in online quickly play. Just search for those who are only playing rivals songs. 

Just a little heads up for anyone in the same boat...

I've been on PS4 disc version for many years and with my Digital only PS5 arriving next week, I had been debating what to do with RB (It's the only disc game I play anymore - and one of only 4 physical games I own on PS4 total!)
I was going to just buy it again digitally when the PS5 arrived, but randomly noticed the Rivals bundle reduced to £12(ish) the other night... couldn't say no to that.
So, deleted the disc version, purchased digital.. downloaded the game and went through re-downloading all my tracks through the add-ons section... booted up... and my saved game is still there. All my characters, the band, track history, everything :wub:

So, TLDR... you can upgrade from disc to digital on PS without losing your saves.

Was intending to score some points on Xbox tonight to help push the crew forward, but I can’t sign in. Evidently everyone with their new Series consoles is kicking the shit out of the underprepared Microsoft servers :mad:

Edit: I can’t even sign into the Xbox Live website on my phone so I’m sure it’s not a home broadband problem.

Unfortunately it still takes just as long as ever for the >1000 dlc tracks to register as tracks that I own on the Series X. I don't know if it's a network issue (my internet is rather slow) but copying them to a drive and starting up hasn't got them all recognised yet. It doesn't take any less time to find dlc either. But it's now in HDR...

Really awesome to see activity in here - I'm still just playing Rock Band 3 on my Alesis Surge Mesh kit, I haven't played 4 for a while or I'd try and contribute. I'm just working my way to playing all my favourite customs and ( and dlc from the 360) on Expert, I'm up to about 15 or so FC's now (out of 850 haha) 

On 09/11/2020 at 16:18, ryanski said:

You actually gain more xp from playing songs others have already played as long as you haven't played it yet. Also you get more xp from playing online with randomers in online quickly play. Just search for those who are only playing rivals songs. 

Nice, thanks for the clarification :)

@PDogg It's my forever chill out game tbh, stick some headphones on and play along to the vast library of songs, even if my guitar skills have never really improved :D

I hear you dude, played it fanatically back in the day but got back into it during the first lockdown and play an hour at least every day, usually more. I have real drums in my office too but I just find myself always drawn to play Rock Band. Rock on.

10 hours ago, PDogg said:

I hear you dude, played it fanatically back in the day but got back into it during the first lockdown and play an hour at least every day, usually more. I have real drums in my office too but I just find myself always drawn to play Rock Band. Rock on.

I'd love to get another drum set for RB use tbh, just had no room when I moved house and sadly had to get rid. At the moment, I just have the guitar...hopefully one day ill be able to play the full set again!