Rock Band 4

Yoshimax

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/02/2021 at 16:26, StephenM said:

I still check this thread every so often in case someone has invented a third-party way to make my 360 instruments work on Xbox One. 

sigh. 

Do you want an adaptor?

I've got one that I don't use any more because I eventually upgraded all my 360 instruments to the proper Xbox One equivalents.

51 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Do you want an adaptor?

I've got one that I don't use any more because I eventually upgraded all my 360 instruments to the proper Xbox One equivalents.

Oh hell yes. Send me a PM and how much you want for it?

@ryanski Done and done, couldn't find the search before.

Does anyone know if the RB4 guitars are generally reliable? I'm now in the market for one more (one of mine was wired), so just browsing the distressing eBay prices! :-)

1 hour ago, ryanski said:

That's a damn fine start @StephenM 

I'll be making my contribution Mon & Tues. 

Hah thanks — the novelty power of having rock band again is strong!

The kids want to play over the weekend, although I’m not sure whose score it saves with legacy instruments. Maybe all of them? The adapter signs all in as one profile. 

Pleased to see the crew is flourishing like the special flower it is. 

Just played some of the rockumentary mode with the kids — seems fun the first time through at least!

But ffs my latency is all over the place. Seemed pretty decent until now, but suddenly the calibration tool is saying it needs 375 for audio but only goes to 300. 

Not sure what’s changed. And there’s always that deep paranoia of has the lag really changed or am I just being crap / one of my cymbals is double hitting / other related drum crap. 

Not even sure if my little all digital one s has optical out but will give that a bash if so!

375 is massive, has your TV dropped out of game mode or something?

I always find outputting 5.1 from the Xbox introduces loads of lag on my TV, maybe try setting it to stereo if that’s what you’ve got it set as, and see if it improves?

1 hour ago, Garwoofoo said:

375 is massive, has your TV dropped out of game mode or something?

I always find outputting 5.1 from the Xbox introduces loads of lag on my TV, maybe try setting it to stereo if that’s what you’ve got it set as, and see if it improves?

I know — and it was more like 180 before that. Absolutely no clue what changed, although the game did get very stuttery at one point, so maybe that messed something up. 

Plugged an optical in today and it’s back to a reasonable amount. And seems to be playable again!

Edit - Managed to get them refitted by removing a couple of the rubber plugs and refitting that way! Nightmare!

Wondering if anyone might be able to give any advice.

Managed to pick up a kit today, but the chap I brought it off only managed to fit one silencer on the drums. Following a guide online, I've got the other pads off, but finding that they don't seem to want to clip back in. The 'rubber feet' are still in the bottom, but the pad doesn't seem to want to clip in fully. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

• 1 month later...