Titanfall 2

Bleeders

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

The patch for TF2 is tiny. Assuming you've played any disc-based game on the PS4 or Xbox One is there a reason you've singled TF2 out, or is it just the post-holiday blues?

it's the latter, on PS4, but when you get the shiny disc icon, and it says "Start", and you "start game without updating" so you can at least dip your toe, only to be greeted with a THIRD install progress bar and it's on "3", and the game TELLS you you can start playing at "48"... Well, I ain't waiting past "12"... I had The Division downloading at the same time, so there's that, and it was late... just annoyed.

In such a well balanced game Tone still sticks out like a sore thumb, a salvo core that launches 600 missiles that can turn 90 degree corners, a shield that mitigates nearly all the damage, the best anti - pilot weapon with massive splash damage, and 4 bar health.

It needs to lose the particle shield IMO

back on this after blasting through rise of the tomb raider over christmas. just up to slone on the sp, hoping to get into the MP shortly. 

if anyone fancies joining me (ps4), and teach a noob some new tricks that would be ace :wub: 

1 hour ago, OllieCJBowen said:

Picked this up last night and got an hour in. A lot of fun but a lot going on. Any tips to help me get going?

Find a gun you like. Don't stop moving. Take batteries from titans. Give them to friendlies. Use scorch or tone. Drink lots of redbull or monster.

Got this for Xmas but haven't really had time to sink my teeth into it until this week. Its absolutely amazing, such good fun. Mainly been playing Attrition and haven't 100% figured out what's best but so far using Grapple, R-201 and Charge Rifle with Ion as my Titan. Maybe when I level up further I'll try some different things.

4 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Campaign or MP?

Play through the campaign first. It's awesome, and it will help when you later play the MP.

I had started with multiplayer but got some time in on the campaign today (just beat Kane). Campaign is genuinely top notch fun. I thought maybe I was burned out on FPS but this has me feeling different. Campaign has helped explain some of the functionality of the titans.

I just started the single player campaign and its rocking so far. Not much to add, guns feel proper meaty, love the melee punch being crazy overpowered, movement is fluid - mainly wanted to praise all you lot for bringing this to my attention, thinking this is going to get a lot of play this year.

ooooh, this has some clever level design - loved that whole factory section.

Couple hours play away from second regeneration after a marathon session last night. Done away with my low level / quicker upgrade set-up and went with my full power config last night. Amazing!

Stim, Flatline, Archer and Tone with overcore. Nothing else comes close for me. Regardless of the overall result I was finishing almost every game with the highest Titan kills. Staring with that 30% boost means the core is ready after only a few combos so ended up cleaning up in lots of games. More tonight and second regen before sleep!

18 hours ago, SeanR said:

playing campaign on regular, is the fight with Kane supposed to be this easy?

Hide contents

Kane was one of the easier ones I found, but it doesn't help that you're playing on regular. It's not even a challenge.

With the nuclear escape, is there some knack to it now. In TF 1 I used to hit up on the dpad, hammer the escape button & it would charge up and go bang. Now when I do it on TF2 it's hit or miss if it actually goes nuclear. Sometimes the titan will just do the normal destruction explode, sometimes goes nuclear. It's really annoying, I could have dropped 4 titans in one go the other day, but my Scorch didn't go nuclear when I ejected.

10 minutes ago, King A said:

With the nuclear escape, is there some knack to it now. In TF 1 I used to hit up on the dpad, hammer the escape button & it would charge up and go bang. Now when I do it on TF2 it's hit or miss if it actually goes nuclear. Sometimes the titan will just do the normal destruction explode, sometimes goes nuclear. It's really annoying, I could have dropped 4 titans in one go the other day, but my Scorch didn't go nuclear when I ejected.

It only goes nuclear if your Titan is doomed.

Bread in Michelin starred restaurants is generally very good. That (terrible) analogy only works if you stick to one (any) load out continually.

The skill of headshotting from the hip moving targets at distance whilst moving yourself, like in the video, is very high.

20 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Bread in Michelin starred restaurants is generally very good. That (terrible) analogy only works if you stick to one (any) load out continually.

The skill of headshotting from the hip moving targets at distance whilst moving yourself, like in the video, is very high.

Yeah briliant, mate. You enjoy your skills and just bread. That sounds like a nice evening. That sounds fun. 

Meanwhile I'll be grapple hooking onto Titans, taking the fight to every bastard that wants it, looking like a complete badass, up to my tits in Foie Gras. 

1 hour ago, BitterToad said:

Yeah briliant, mate. You enjoy your skills and just bread. That sounds like a nice evening. That sounds fun. 

Meanwhile I'll be grapple hooking onto Titans, taking the fight to every bastard that wants it, looking like a complete badass, up to my tits in Foie Gras. 

You know, I come here for the Titanfall 2 action, but stay for the erotic montage's and tits in Foie Gras.