PS TV price cut

Flub

I'm not even sure that marketing it as a TV-bound Vita would've helped given nobody knows what Vita does either. Makes Nintendo's supposed plans to do home and portable consoles that are basically the same thing seem like a really wise move.

http://uk.playstation.com/pstvgames/

Any PSOne game or PSP games that work on the Vita should work on this.

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9963 Better more complete list.

Hrm, Disgaea 1, 2 and 4 which is what I was primarily after (why not 3 I wonder). I was left horribly disappointed by looking at just the initial list, proper list doesn't seem too bad.

Edit: The mini's are going to go bye bye though :(

If a bunch of Rllmukkers have such a wide range of misconceptions about what this thing is and does, I don't think it ever stood a chance in the mass market. Even Sony's press comments confirming the price drop give you no idea at all what it's for:

Agree.

Just thinking about it...over the years, Sony have tried a countless number of 'services' and products attempting to infiltrate various markets... From Beta Max' through mini discs, pro duo memory sticks to the likes of UMD and countless proprietary formats, to services nobody uses - video unlimited, music unlimited? Though they have had their successes, you'd think they would have learnt their lesson by now. For example, a far better PSTV would have been based on Android, but then offering the likes of PS4 streaming and VITA compatibility, which you could only do on the PSTV.

I use it on my Vita, so it's probably the same?

It works fine when connected directly to the PS4 over it's own private network, but if you connect it through your general wi-fi, I get artifacts, slow downs and disconnects.

The range of the direct connect isn't huge though, but I can't say it has been anything less than perfectly playable when connected using this method.

So I guess it depends on how close your PS4 is to PSTV.

On my vita I get far more lag when directly connected than via wifi - even if in same room as ps4!

I thought this was odd so googled it to find when remote play was tested most review sites found it to be the same...

Has anyone with a vita TV tried Netflix via website, does that work??

Ok, I hope I haven't wasted my time doing this, but I couldn't find the a list by Googling. I've gone through the PS+ Europe Vita games comparing them with the list of games that work on Playstation TV.

I think if you've been a PS+ subscriber since they started doing PS Vita games, you will have the following non-cross-buy games available to download on a Playstation TV:

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend 3.3GB

Chronovolt 261MB

Coconut Dodge: Revitalised 48MB

Dragon's Crown 1.1GB

Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP game) 1.1GB

Jet Set Radio 1.1GB The blog says it works but my PS TV won't let me play it

Killzone Mercenary 3.3GB

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes 1.1GB

Lego Harry Potter: Years 57 1.1GB

Lego The Lord of the Rings 1.8GB

Muramasa Rebirth 450MB

New Little King's Story 684MB

PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD 165MB

Puddle (can't find this on the store)

Rayman Origins 922MB

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 1.4GB The blog says it works but my PS TV won't let me play it

The Hungry Horde (apparently this now works)

The Pinball Arcade 344MB

TxK 102MB

Velocity Ultra 223MB

And the following cross-buy games (but given your a PS+ subscriber, you probably can play them elsewhere already):

Doki-Doki Universe (PS3/PS4) 1007MB

Fez (PS3/PS4) 614MB

Guacamelee! (PS3) 854MB

Hotline Miami (PS3/PS4) 790MB?

Knytt Underground (PS3) 1.5GB

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (PS3) 404MB

Luftrausers (PS3) 311MB

MotorStorm RC (PS3) 1.3GB?

OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood (apparently this now works)

Pix the Cat (PS4) 503MB?

Proteus (PS3) 179MB

Rainbow Moon (PS3) 1.4GB

Rogue Legacy (PS3/PS4) 740MB?

Spelunky (PS3/PS4) 620MB

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (PS3) 451MB

SteamWorld Dig (PS4) 187MB

Thomas Was Alone (PS3/PS4) 307MB?

Titan Attacks (PS3/PS4) 135MB?

Velocity 2X (PS4) 2.2GB?

When Vikings Attack! (PS3) 1.2GB

Woah Dave! (PS4) 63MB

Games that don't work (in case I've missed something):

Non-cross-buy:

Dynasty Warriors Next

Everybody's Golf

Final Horizon

Gravity Rush

Joe Danger

Kick & Fennick

Lumines Electronic Symphony

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Metrico

ModNation Racers: Road Trip

MonsterBag

Mortal Kombat

MotoGP 13

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

Sine Mora

Smart As...

Soul Sacrifice

Street Fighter X Tekken

Surge Deluxe

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Touch My Katamari

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Unit 13

Urban Trial Freestyle

Wipeout 2048

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Cross-buy:

Big Sky Infinity

CounterSpy

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

Escape Plan

PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

The Jak and Daxter Trilogy

The Swapper

You might also have Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2.5GB free if you grabbed that back when it was free for a weekend.

And, if you were a PS+ subscriber back when they were doing PS1 games and Minis you'd have those as well.

(And you'd have Worms Revolution Extreme 412MB and OlliOlli 109MB free from buying the console)

When I started comparing, I was thinking that the list of free games I could play out of the box would sell me on a Playstation TV, but looking at the list now I'm not rushing out to buy one. I suspect some of those games would actually need a bigger memory card as well?

Right. So I have my PSTV downstairs and my PS4 upstairs. Both wired and the connection between downstairs and upstairs is a powerline adaptor. I've just played about 90 minutes of episode 2 of Life is Strange and it was flawless and lag free.

From the XMB it looks like it definitely isn't 60fps though and the PSTV is limited to 720p. I'll try something a bit more action oriented later. Maybe Diablo or Destiny.

I did play a good chunk of Life is Strange with my cockatiel perched on the pad too. He didn't want to get off.

I bought a second DS4. I figured I'd be too far away from the PS4 for it to control properly with the DS4 I have paired with it already

Still want one of these, but I'm doubtful it'll do decent remote play. We moved house, the router has been moved further away from ps4/vita and it's borked. Even direct connect keeps losing connection, no idea why.

Still, 45 quid is an excellent price point. It makes a lot more sense at that price.

So i have ordered another pad, hovering on ordering one of these and then I read about home plugs and realise i don't have network point in the bedroom (another room I'm miffed i didn't wire up when we rewired the house) so adding home plugs to list...

I used to have some, how do they behave in a 6 way socket thing?

I could combine getting one of these with the need for a switch, i see some of them have 3+ ports so i could justify it that way i guess!

Flub.. Out of curiosity which model power line adaptor are you using? Need to pick one up but not sure if there are any "go to" makes/model. Don't want to spend a fortune either.

TPLinka Av500 nanos. I got them from Argos

@shimmyhill. You're supposed to plug them directly into the wall

Picked up one of these earlier and am in love already. The PS4 is connected to the main TV and that was going to be a real problem, what with Bloodborne and everything but thanks to this tiny wonder my anti-social gaming time is saved!

Unless you live alone this is pretty much an essential purchase for any PS4 owner.

Picked up one of these earlier and am in love already. The PS4 is connected to the main TV and that was going to be a real problem, what with Bloodborne and everything but thanks to this tiny wonder my anti-social gaming time is saved!

Unless you live alone this is pretty much an essential purchase for any PS4 owner.

Are you wired or wireless to the vita tv?

I just tried it wireless at first, something my Vita has never been able to cope with. Worked fine connected with two bars, just the occasional video hitch causing a seconds worth of problem about twice in the hour I played. I've got homeplugs in the room it will eventually live in though.

Maybe they should start including it in the more expensive PS4 bundles.

I can see them discontinuing it and replacing it with something that's just a PS4 and PlayStation Now receiver - a sort of "PlayStation Multiroom".

Or they could say it's about giving you flexibility to share your content from your PS4 wherever you are.

Playstation U.