rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Mighty Ash

The numbers Mason! BLOPS 3 announced

Well, at least it shouldn't have silly exo suit abilities, so it's already better than Advanced Warfare.

BLOPS2 MP was good fun, fingers crossed this is more like that.

Oh, they've just shown a character, and it's got what looks like an advanced exo suit. I'm out.

I doubt this can compare with DICE's SW Battlefront anyway.

• Upvote 1

Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3 is the first title for next-gen hardware in the critically acclaimed Black Ops series. Developed by Treyarch, the award-winning creator of the two most played games in Call of Duty® history. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 deploys players into a dark, twisted future where a new breed of Black Ops soldiers emerges and the lines are blurred between our own humanity and the technology we created to stay ahead, in a world where cutting-edge military robotics define warfare. With three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies, it providing fans with the deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever.

So we've got Ghosts were high-tech future soldiers fight with advanced gadgets. Advanced Warfare where high-tech future soldiers fight with advanced gadgets and now BLOPS 3 where high-tech future soldiers fight with advanced gadgets. Way to differentiate your offerings Activision!

Shame, I quite liked the bonkers secret history angle they took with BLOPS 1.

• Upvote 2

War. War never changes.

Not until you have PTSD from all the PMCs and you can't tell a DMZ from TMZ. Who're the real bad guys? Is it these corporations with the super soldiers?

Then it's time to swill out the WW2 slop bucket again. Rinse and reheat.

Day one.

I know the MW collection is not happening now due to legal wranglings, but.... That would've been all I wanted. MW1 & 2 MP on PS4.

Is that why? That's a real pity. Yep, a patched-up version of those on the new systems would be superb. Black Ops 2 was the best in the series outside of those two, so there is still hope for something good from this one, but I can't say I am brimming with excitement.

I know the MW collection is not happening now due to legal wranglings, but.... That would've been all I wanted. MW1 & 2 MP on PS4.

Was that ever anything more than a rumour? I can't see Activision releasing a Modern Warfare compilation, if only because I don't think the market could sustain more than one CoD game a year. It would just cannibalise their own sales, surely?

Features

A Call of Duty Campaign Unlike Anything Before It: Treyarch elevates the Call of Duty social gaming experience by delivering a campaign with the ability to play cooperatively with up to four players online, using the same battle-tested network infrastructure and social systems that support its world-class Multiplayer and Zombies game modes.

Prepare for a Leveled-Up Multiplayer: With Black Ops III, Treyarch premieres a new momentum-based chained-movement system, allowing players to fluidly move through the environment with finesse, using controlled thrust jumps, slides, and mantling abilities in a multitude of combinations, all while maintaining complete control over your weapon at all times.

Fight the Undead in an All-New Horror Story: No Treyarch title would be complete without its signature Zombies offering - a full-game experience with its own distinct storyline right out of the box. Black Ops 3 Zombies is the most immersive and ambitious Call of Duty Zombies to date, with a full XP-based progression system for players that adds depth and re-playability to the engaging gameplay Zombies fans have come to expect.

That trailer is terrible and tonally all over the place, it's like this Advanced Warfare advert but then they stuck a brooding narration about issues over the top and it doesn't work at all

Was that ever anything more than a rumour? I can't see Activision releasing a Modern Warfare compilation, if only because I don't think the market could sustain more than one CoD game a year. It would just cannibalise their own sales, surely?

It was due to be announced at some COD tournament earlier this year, but due to legal wranglings it wasn't.

With Halo 5 a few weeks before this and SW Battlefront a few weeks after, plus with how crap AW is, I'll definitely be going with a disc purchase of this so I can sell it on.

At least we get an MP beta, but they've got to prove a lot for it to match the fluidity and level design of Titanfall.

It was due to be announced at some COD tournament earlier this year, but due to legal wranglings it wasn't.

With Halo 5 a few weeks before this and SW Battlefront a few weeks after, plus with how crap AW is, I'll definitely be going with a disc purchase of this so I can sell it on.

At least we get an MP beta, but they've got to prove a lot for it to match the fluidity and level design of Titanfall.

Are these the legal wranglings you mentioned:

http://mp1st.com/2015/04/01/call-of-duty-the-modern-warfare-collection-scrapped-following-unresolved-legal-dispute/#.VT4ioFKkqnM

That's the only mention of it I can find. It sounds a bit April Fool-ish.

Just gimme my sleazy claymores back. Jesus.

thank you fellow scumbag, AW was useless for this, im still playing ghosts with IEDs, danger close and a noob tube.

I've suspected for a while that Black Ops was a fluke.

still my fave multiplayer, great weapons, nice maps, aiming that doesnt go all over the place, best unlock system.

You're the sort of people I play online and after the 50th time getting blown up by a fucking claymore end up hoping you get hit by a bus/train/car you do realise that right?

I did enjoy BLOPS and BLOPS2 so I do hope this turns out like them, and not Ghosts and AW. This sounds promising:

-Slower movement speed than AW, especially in the air.

-Air dashing and wall running are not ideal for combat. Mostly used strictly for traversal.
-Water combat is "seamless".
-Much more ground based than AW.
-Wall running is stricter and less abundant than Titanfall. You won't be bouncing from wall to wall with little loss of momentum like in Titanfall

Are these the legal wranglings you mentioned:

http://mp1st.com/2015/04/01/call-of-duty-the-modern-warfare-collection-scrapped-following-unresolved-legal-dispute/#.VT4ioFKkqnM

That's the only mention of it I can find. It sounds a bit April Fool-ish.

Ahh, yea looks like it. I remember seeing something about it months before as well, but that could've been BS too.

Having watched it again and then seeing Tmartn (who has actually played the multiplayer already) release a damage limitation video I confidently predict this will be another terrible COD.

The Youtubers who were invited to play it are pretty much '...like in Advanced Warfare but different and definitely not a clusterfuck like Advanced Warfare'. Yeah, right. It's like they were so far into development that it was too late to realise Sledgehammer had already used all their ideas and proven them to be very bad in multiplayer.

And that plot. It's the laziest, most predictable, generic thing they could have done.

If you're going to go back to the future at least do the bit set in the 50's.