IGNORED

True Detective - Season 2

Mentazm

• 1 month later...
Three police officers and a career criminal must navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder.
Farrell will play one of the three cops, Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him. Vaughn is the career criminal, Frank Semyon, who in danger of losing his empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner. One of the other two police officers, Paul Woodrugh, is expected to be played by Taylor Kitsch, while the third is the female lead, Ani Bezzerides.

Crime never could shake off Ray Velcro.

Yeah but... Matthew fucking Mconnaughey? I know he'd started being good before True Detective but people forget he was once Matthew Mconnaughey.

Benefit of the doubt time people. Let's wait until they release the trailer for the trailer before we all decide it's shit.

Finally, someone with some sense.

It's gonna be all down to the writing, ultimately. I still think it's a massive shame that it's gone multi director, it was so clearly one strong vision in the first season. I'm prepared to give it a chance, let's wait and see. Still chuffed Elisabeth Moss is in it, she'll be knock out.

I was hoping the rumours of Elisabeth Moss being one of the detectives would be true. Having two male actors in sort of early middle age as the protagonists means it's going to struggle to get out of the shadow of series 1, just because it'll be much easier to make direct comparisons. Going with female leads might have helped it to go off in its own directions.

Still, I reckon Vaughn and Farrell coud be good. They're both actors who've shown early promise and who've made some questionable choices over the years, and this kind of casting against type can work really well. Vaughn definitely has more to prove than Farrell, though.

Both Farrell and Vaughn have done good work in the past when they aren't money grabbing in mainstream pish. I think it could be a good, doubt Vaughn will be playing it goofy like he normally does.

Let's remember Matt McC the method man used to lean against people on posters.

I was hoping the rumours of Elisabeth Moss being one of the detectives would be true. Having two male actors in sort of early middle age as the protagonists means it's going to struggle to get out of the shadow of series 1, just because it'll be much easier to make direct comparisons. Going with female leads might have helped it to go off in its own directions.

Still, I reckon Vaughn and Farrell coud be good. They're both actors who've shown early promise and who've made some questionable choices over the years, and this kind of casting against type can work really well. Vaughn definitely has more to prove than Farrell, though.

Still two cops to announce though right? Could both be female.

Randomly watched this today. Vince Vaughn had a role in The Cell as an obsessed detective character. I thought some people might find these snippets interesting in light of his TD casting.

Please, please don't scream at me because you don't like the source. I just present it FYI.

• 4 weeks later...

Taylor Kitsch confirmed.

So that's Colin Farrell

Bullseye-1_528_poster.jpg

Vince Vaughn

Delivery_Man_movie.jpeg

And this guy

taylor-kitsch-john-carter-movie.jpg

Who between John Carter and Battleship has to be the blandest lead since that guy no-one can remember the name of. You know, him. From that film, what's it called? You know.

All they need to do now is unveil Gilbert Gottfried as the comic relief and they've got the worst cast I could possibly imagine. Fingers toes and bifurcated penises crossed for Elizabeth Moss please gents.

I like the cast. Vaughn's always had that sleazy edge to him, Farrell's great when used properly and while I don't think Taylor Kitsch had been served well as a leading man, I can see him doing really well in a supporting role. I mean, sure you can post up photos of the guy in John Carter, but all that really proves is that actors change their look for the roles they play.

Lone-Survivor-Taylor-Kitsch.jpg