IGNORED

grand national 2015

Ninja Doctor

I fancied Balthazar King last year and he did well to get second place. I don't fancy him this year because he's carrying more weight than last year and hasn't had a prep race. Last year he won at Cheltenham about a month before the National, which I thought did him a lot of good. Odds aren't worth the risk imo, he's only 10/1. I try to bet for value as well though - Rocky Creek is sensational but 8/9s aren't worth the risk in this race, not when you can only really hope for a place. 16/1 is my cut-off, personally.

I've gone for:

Night In Milan (25s)

Soll (20s)

Rebel Rebellion (outsider, 40s)

All solid horses and they love the ground (Soft/Good to soft). Have a look at betvictor - they're paying 6 places at 1/4 odds, which is the best I've seen this year.

So anyone got any tips before I go waste my £20? Will AP bow out on a high with shutthefrontdoor? Personally I fancy Balthazar King this year.

Tips, logic, form and research all go out the window on Grand National day. A blindfolded stab at the newspaper with a biro is the expert's way of going about it.

So... Ely Brown.

In the office sweepstake, I pulled out Carlito Brigante. Which set a new personal best for me in being withdrawn before the race even started.

It has been replaced by Lord Windermere, who won the Gold Cup last year but will fall at the first due to the weight of my expectations.

Tips, logic, form and research all go out the window on Grand National day. A blindfolded stab at the newspaper with a biro is the expert's way of going about it.

So... Ely Brown.

I agree for the most part, but I think ground makes a big difference and if the horse has ever won/placed over 26f. Some just aren't made for these marathon runs, and if they don't like the ground they'll run shit regardless.

Soll to win, shutthefrontdoor to be placed top four and super duty to be placed.

Wife's gone for Rebel Rebellion e/w.

Daughters have gone for Balthazar King, Ballycasey, Monbeg Dude and Wyck Hill, all to be placed apart from Wyck Hill... £600 if that one wins! :)

Dissapoint that there's no pictures of rachet munters in bizarre clothing like the previous years, have they enforced a dress code and clamped down on them?

They threatened to revoke photographers licenses who released photos of the clowns.

Feared the worst when they bypassed the Canal Turn on lap 2, but Balthazar King was fine in the end.

Impressive from Leighton Aspinall to win back to back Nationals, and Many Clouds does the Gold Cup & National double.

The gf and I both backed Many Clouds when it was 40/1. Having a celebratory Nando's at moment :)

Feared the worst when they bypassed the Canal Turn on lap 2, but Balthazar King was fine in the end.

Impressive from Leighton Aspinall to win back to back Nationals, and Many Clouds does the Gold Cup & National double.

Wasn't Many Clouds shite at Cheltenham this year?