IGNORED

Attack On Titan: Humanity in Chains

Keyboard Koala

attack-on-titan-humanity-in-chains-13175

Bit of a strange one this game. But the fact that NoE decided to release it over here - albeit only on the eShop - got my attention.

Originally released as Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind in Japan in December 2013, this is an action game developed by Spike Chunsoft for the Nintendo 3DS. It is set to be released this May in North America and Europe under the name Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains with Atlus being the publisher as a eShop exclusive.

The game follows the story of the anime, beginning from the year 845, when the titans first attacked and demolished the walls. The story of Attack On Titan centers around the adventures of Eren Yaeger, his foster sister, Mikasa Ackerman, and their childhood friend, Armin Arlert. After the wall which protects their hometown of Shinganshina is breached by Titans, Eren watches in horror as one of them eats his mother. Vowing to kill all Titans, Eren enlists in the military, along with his friends.

Five years later, the three cadet graduates are positioned in Trost District, one of the border towns jutting out of Wall Rose, when the Titans attack once more...

The player initially controls series' protagonist Eren, but as the game progresses, Mikasa, Armin, and other members of the Survey Corps become playable. The game ends at the point where the anime ends as well.

Trailer:

Japanese overview trailer:

Box art:

1.jpg

Looks like an interesting action game with a twist, albeit rather unpolished. If the price is right, I might pick it up, as I'm a fan of the anime series, and I like weird unpolished games.

2514231.png

How old is your eldest? The show's pretty grim at moments...

That much I am aware of, she is 14 soon 15 - when i looked into it I saw it was 15 rated and I could have stopped her watching it at home but as we all know she would have watched it with her mates or on her phone. I also think back to what I was watching at that age....

She is into all of them, Death note etc - was quite funny when she bought a book asking for it in WH Smiths where the assistant was old enough to be her gran and couldn't quite grasp the name of it!

Was a bit surprised to find out there wasn't really a Attack On Titan thread on the ol' muk; as there are quite a few anime fans around, and this series seems to be quite a big thing among them.

There is some chat about it in the general anime thread. Hooray for megathreads once again.

As mentioned in the Anime thread -

To celebrate Attack on Titan coming to 3DS, The Nintendo Eshop has provided the first 2 episodes to be able streamed for free until July.

These are uncut subbed episodes which require no age verification required to view.

Someone at Nintendo not paying attention then, I guess?

• 3 weeks later...

This is out in the US in ten days, feels really soon, like they only just announced it. It's digital only and apparently it's not really very good though so those hoping for a cheap price will be disappointed; $39.99 makes it an Atlus-priced a full priced game.

Most hilariously, there's a copyright claim in Europe and so here the game is now called SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN: Humanity in Chains, so catchy!

• 1 year later...

My daughter's been playing the PS4 version of this over the last week. If you like the Anime then this should be right up your street as you basically do the Koei Tecmo thing with titans all over the towns and countryside of the series.

Looks like quite a good craic really, It's gory, but no more than the anime if you (or your kids) have watched that.

• 2 years later...