Star Wars Battlefront

Nespresso

That happened to me yesterday! Some guy playing Bossk had all the rebels hemmed in, racked up over 150 kills by the end of the round. 

But then the rebels always have an advantage on the space levels. 

Havent played any any of the Scarif DLC yet, but might download it tomorrow.

Just grabbed the season pass, having not played in months. I'm suddenly finding that it takes forever to do anything. Loading the game is more painful than ever, finding matches takes forever (sometimes plonking me in a game with no other people), actually getting into a match takes so long that I never have to wait for it to start, it's well under way. Even holding down B and leaving a game, after a match is over, takes forever.

Is this my XB1? I've hard rebooted it recently. Hope it's not my ISP, can't change that. I have changed my router this year (shite Linksys thing to a TP-link Archer C7), but I've never had any issues with Live. By chance, I did try a game of PvZ1 earlier and it too dumped me in a game with no other players at first, finally found a game and it ran fine. And Battlefront runs perfectly when I'm in a match, too. No lag, connection shows up as 4 bars, etc. It's just whatever loading it does prior to matches is painfully. I'm waiting minutes at a time. I don't know if it's my internal hdd (1tb version), but it was never this bad when I played it months ago even while load times were a bit shit, I'd always get into the game before the start and sat there doing emotes with the rest of the kids waiting to start.

5 hours ago, TehStu said:

Just grabbed the season pass, having not played in months. I'm suddenly finding that it takes forever to do anything. Loading the game is more painful than ever, finding matches takes forever (sometimes plonking me in a game with no other people), actually getting into a match takes so long that I never have to wait for it to start, it's well under way. Even holding down B and leaving a game, after a match is over, takes forever.

Is this my XB1? 

Nope, it's the same for me on PS4. I hadn't played for almost a year until recently so wondered if it had always been like that, but I think I'd have remembered. The time it takes to leave a lobby at the end is particularly gruelling.

Having bought the season pass, I was ready to get back into it, but the loading screens have put me off.

I'm in exactly the same boat - not played for ages, bought the season pass in the sale, found myself thinking "I'm sure it didn't used to take this long to load anything." I assumed it was something to do with the dlc and it inefficiently checking what you've paid for every time you go from one screen to the next.

Agreed on the loading times but haven't had problems finding a match. Then again, I do primarily play 'walker assault' so maybe that's the most popular. 

Easing off on this a bit as I've been hitting it pretty hard the past few weeks. Still finding it enormous fun, and the Star Wars IP really does do a lot for it. I can see why people have complained that it's shallow, but they also need to appreciate that the vaster options and nuances of something like Battlefield are too much for some folk. I'm not a casual gamer but online deathmatch style games rarely interest me, so having the unique draw of the Star Wars universe and not needing (much) investment to grasp the mechanics is perfect. 

It was faster finding games today, even though I've changed nowt, not even rebooted anything. Still massive delays connecting to a game, so they've always started when I'm in. 

Hutt contracts are new to me, how many can you be active? I used the consumable cards for the first time too, didn't realize how often you'd find the bolt icon to charge them back up. 

I don't think there's any limit to the number of Hutt Contracts you can have running. I do recommend looking up YouTube reviews on the weapons, though, if you're going after a certain unlock. There's nothing more frustrating than grinding to get a gun or card and finding it doesn't suit you at all - the sniper rifle being a case in point. Certain unlocks like the bacta bomb are very useful, though. 

It never really gets to where you're swimming in credits (though double XP week hasn't hurt), so I found it best, once you have the majority of cards unlocked (via ranking up) to play around with them before you decide which ones to upgrade for a hefty 7,000. I'm about rank 40 now but still musing over which ones I prefer, and some are definitely best suited for specific maps. 

Also, if you play as a hero, you can still trigger emoticons with the joypad. This lead to superb moments when playing as Luke such as, after being meleed by a teammate, telling him that 'I know your true feelings, let go of your hate,' and bemusing someone manning a blaster cannon by sidling up beside them and declaring 'I am a Jedi, like my father before me.'  

Oh my word, being a combat medic is fun. It's a shame you're not really awarded at the end for a support role, but I was holed up at the end of a mission to launch the transport on Bespin yesterday. I mostly spammed heals inside and flash nades out the doors and it took the Imperials Henning Bossk AND Fett to finally get shot of the (random) group. Even when you don't have a big group, a +30 health buff can turn the tide of a 1 v 1 encounter, so I was healing my team constantly.

Have found my calling.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought the season pass for this today in the ea sale on xbox one, tried to get a gameon the death star dlc modes and couldnt find any!! Is there really no players with the dlc or was it that I was trying to play in the daytime? Gonna be annoyed if theres players, that will be a waste of money :(

I normally only play in the evening or weekend and have not had trouble finding matches, even on the Tattoine DLC which is the least interesting of them. 

Also the Deluxe (hardback)  strategy guide has been turning up in Poundlands. Not the most useful but is quite pretty to look at. 

13 hours ago, X_2_0 said:

I normally only play in the evening or weekend and have not had trouble finding matches, even on the Tattoine DLC which is the least interesting of them. 

Also the Deluxe (hardback)  strategy guide has been turning up in Poundlands. Not the most useful but is quite pretty to look at. 

Cool, thanks, I will try and get a game tomorrow :)

• 2 months later...

The Ultimate Edition (with additional in-game tat and the Season Pass) of this is currently £8.99 on PSN (which is less than the standard edition, bizarrely).

Does anyone still play? Either on here, or in general? I ask because at that ridiculous price I'm sorely tempted to give it a quick whirl, having been interested but only not previously because of all the time I was spending on multiplayer shooters (like Destiny and Overwatch).

22 hours ago, Stanley said:

Just checked. It won't let me purchase the Ultimate Edition, but the Season Pass is only £7.49. Tempted - are the extra levels worth it? I used to play it loads.

If you used to play it a lot I would say that under a tenner for the extra stuff is not a bad deal - Force Awakens and Rouge One playlists have some new game modes, a load of new Jabba contracts and weapons, some new star cards. I've really enjoyed the Battle Station mode where you can end up in X-Wings doing the Trench run - really feels like been in the movie (or I'm just getting old). I've had way more than a tenner of value out of it for sure. 

29 minutes ago, Stejay said:

I already have this for the Xbox One, bought digitally full price, wish I'd know it would hit EA Access. Anyway, at that price is if worth buying again just for the VR level?

Xbox One version does not have the VR level iirc.