IGNORED

Peter Kay's Car Share

ZOK

How come we don't have a topic on this?

I'm assuming it's because the likelihood of the stars aligning in such a way that Peter Kay produces something actually funny and worth watching were considered to be so remote that no-one has bothered checking it out, but it's brilliant.

I think the BBC put all the episodes up on iplayer before it aired, so maybe some of you have seen it all already. I've only seen two episodes that have been broadcast, and I loved those.

Watched all 6 - the last four in a glorious and hilarious 2 hours. Had tears in my eyes from laughing in each episode - the second episode nearly killed me.

Could have been before the broadcast run. I think I read somewhere iPlayer put the lot up before.

I know I'm only two episodes in, but I keep expecting to hear the Chorley FM jingle 'Coming in your ears' at some point.

So how does this compare to the best Peter Kay stuff, ie That Peter Kay Thing, first series of Phoenix Nights? I want to believe this will be good but everything he's done in the last decade has been pretty poor, sadly.

So how does this compare to the best Peter Kay stuff, ie That Peter Kay Thing, first series of Phoenix Nights? I want to believe this will be good but everything he's done in the last decade has been pretty poor, sadly.

It's the best thing he's done since Phoenix Nights. Hard to say it's as good as that, because let's face it, what is, but it's a wonderful surprise to learn that he isn't a spent comic force.

Watched the first two episodes, thought they were great, opening satnav gag aside, which wouldn't have been funny 10 years ago when it was topical.

Exactly. It's so odd, you would have every right to expect that the whole show was going to be that sort of rubbish, based on his previous form.

Loved it as well. Great music throughout the series too! Pity I watched all 6 episodes in two days and I'll have to wait a year to see any more :facepalm:

Yeah, it's a subtle addition but the radio station adds so much. Not only in terms of nostalgia (a thread Peter likes to pull at) but also the believability - we all sing along in the car.

Seen the first two, looking forward to the rest,

Just watched the first one of this. It's definitely the best thing he's done in a very long time. The humour and direction is much more subtle. The radio stuff is superb, with a mix of forgotten hits and well-made commercials. As has been said it feels like real commercial radio which makes the send-up work so much better.

I watched all 6 episodes and thought it was awesome. Gently funny and pleasantly believable. Where I'm from that's my accent, and those are just like my streets, and that's the local radio. Kay's character reminded me of one of my old bosses. Lovely stuff.

Watched the first episode with high hopes last night and was very disappointed. While I wouldn't say it was bad, it wasn't very good either. Laughs were very thin on the ground... well, non existent, really.

I think me and the missus got more joy out of working out where in Manchester they were than the actual content. Longest route to work ever...

In two minds about watching any more.

The bits that make me laugh the most are the slow-mo bits of that buff trolley pusher with perfectly-timed musical accompaniment from an early 90s classic. I wish that radio station actually existed - I'd listen to it all the time. 1990-95 was the period I listened to the Top 40 every Sunday and recorded the best songs.

Some amusing easter eggs in some of the episodes, the road sign being one. Surprisingly good after a not promising start to the first ep.

I hope the "will they, won't they" aspect is killed off bloody quickly though, because that might make it unbearable.

Spoiler alert, it doesn't, even featured pretty much till the end. You might not like it as a result.