IGNORED

The Enfield Haunting

neoELITE

A ghost might be a part of our own sub consciousness. Note that I've not once referred to ghosts as dead people returning to haunt people in telling Pete Brant about something I experienced. Neg away though - it's why I was reluctant to answer the post.

A number of mice working in unison to wind up the inhabitants of a house for over a year who were able to make identical noises throughout the year. Yep. It was that.

I don't know what it was but it was weird. I have a good idea what it wasn't though too. It wasn't just me either. Other people experienced it.

Other things happened too that could be described as 'poltergeist' activity. Things happened when I moved out. The house I live in is where I grew up and I moved back in with my family when my parents moved out. I was not living there for about seven years and things still happened. My Mum was a bit uncomfortable with my oldest daughter having that room as her bedroom. Odd things have always happened in that room.

A ghost might be a part of our own sub consciousness. Note that I've not once referred to ghosts as dead people returning to haunt people in telling Pete Brant about something I experienced. Neg away though - it's why I was reluctant to answer the post.

A number of mice working in unison to wind up the inhabitants of a house for over a year who were able to make identical noises throughout the year. Yep. It was that.

I don't know what it was but it was weird. I have a good idea what it wasn't though too.

I've not negged you. FWIW.

I always been scared of ghosts and interested in the supernatural. However, after watching seasons of Ghost Hunters and reading about the material for a number of years., its been kind of hard to explain if they do actually exist because no strong enough evidence has ever been recorded.

I didn't think you did - it's annoying that people try and debunk something based solely on their own 'disbelief'. Weird stuff happens that can't be explained - I find that stuff very interesting.

It's because all the other explanations (mice, rats, house settling), no matter how unlikely you think they are still far more likely than some aspect of your subconscious (?) creating physical interactions with the world via (?) to wind you up because (?).

Like believing in ghosts is like believing in conspiracy theories, it requires actively dis-believing the simplest and most likely explanations (Occams Razor) in favour of layers of unsupported concepts built on unsupported concepts.

It's because all the other explanations (mice, rats, house settling), no matter how unlikely you think they are still far more likely than some aspect of your subconscious (?) creating physical interactions with the world via (?) to wind you up because (?).

Like believing in ghosts is like believing in conspiracy theories, it requires actively dis-believing the simplest and most likely explanations (Occams Razor) in favour of layers of unsupported concepts built on unsupported concepts.

I have experience of mice, house settling etc. I have that from being alive for a number of years.

Imagine someone tapping a ds screen repeatedly for ten hours. That tapping moves all over the room. When you ask "stop", it does. That's not mice, it's not the house settling etc etc etc. - mice don't speak English and houses settling don't suddenly silence themselves when you're lying in bed and you shout STOP.

Again, it wasn't, isn't those mundane things. Maybe it's a mundane thing I've yet to explain. I believe, including other experiences, it was something very weird that I can't explain.

It was annoying but it was also very unsettling.

You think that a mouse would actually have to understand English to stop fidgeting when someone shouts 'stop'?

Try just saying it or whispering it under the cover of a duvet. Plus, the noise moved from one side to the other wthin..... can't be bothered. It was mice, I'm mental obviously.

First we had Davros telling us that mobile is the future of gaming, now we've got neo telling us that ghosts exist. When will this madness end?