rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
chamberlago

Gaming soundtracks on Vinyl

10 hours ago, roobarb said:

Ta 8-)

This place has seriously damaged my bank balance this week!

It's genuinely one of the most beautiful things I've bought

i saw the news about that a while ago. i get the feeling they've just 'soft bundled' the three individual albums and that it's no longer a boxset with a box containing them. happy to proven wrong though.

and that soulcalibur box looks tasty.

1 hour ago, Triple A said:

i saw the news about that a while ago. i get the feeling they've just 'soft bundled' the three individual albums and that it's no longer a boxset with a box containing them. happy to proven wrong though.

and that soulcalibur box looks tasty.

Do you get the voice over of “welcome back to the stage of history” on the vinyl?

Data Discs are repressing SOR2 & Policenauts btw.

Anyone get the Okami boxset? I dropped £75 on it. Should be out soon, it looks absolutely stunning. 

53 minutes ago, noob said:

Data Discs are repressing SOR2 & Policenauts btw.

Anyone get the Okami boxset? I dropped £75 on it. Should be out soon, it looks absolutely stunning. 

Policenauts was only released the other week?

1 hour ago, gossi the dog said:

Policenauts was only released the other week?

Sold out instantly apparently...

12 hours ago, Triple A said:

i ordered okami - when they shipping?

This month I believe... 

This is gorgeous... 

https://blackscreenrecords.com/products/pre-order-vampyr-original-soundtrack-by-olivier-deriviere?variant=13598547869744 

Cheers Santa. 

Some sad news today...

Ben Daglish has passed away on Monday. He did stuff like Pacmania and The Last Ninja, and so much more. 

Here is my friends cover of TLN which I think is a fitting tribute...

Rest in peace sir. You gave me and so many people our start in our VGM journey. 

• Upvote 1

Do you guys think it's worth doing a Plok OST record?  Do these things sell well?

Someone approached us for the rights but I think they are just going to crowd fund which we could do ourselves.

• Upvote 1

Based on the followup point to the question, maybe it mostly depends if you want to do the work involved or not.

I don’t think such an item would sell too many units (though Plok’s OST is pure amaze and a gaming cult classic!), so if you can get a nice-ish minimum guarantee from them and only have to approve the details ongoing, then, go for it?

If they’re not offering you a guarantee I sense you might be able to get one from someone else - perhaps Laced, Iam8bit or Mondo?

I actually came to this page because I just got an email saying that Data Discs will start selling Thunderforce IV complete OST on vinyl from Saturday. It’s like they can read my mind as to the OSTs I want from them!

On 08/11/2018 at 10:44, JPickford said:

Do you guys think it's worth doing a Plok OST record?  Do these things sell well?

Someone approached us for the rights but I think they are just going to crowd fund which we could do ourselves.

Quoting an old post but YES!

Only vinyl I have is the one for Persona 4 Arena, not that I've ever listen to it as I don't have a vinyl player, it was a pre-order bonus, but a very nice one.

On 08/11/2018 at 10:44, JPickford said:

Plok OST is amazing, but every OST the Follin brothers music was just ahead of the time and it's a shame they don't still do game music. Sounds like a 32bit score not a 16bit one

Would I buy a CD OST of Plok, yes I would (but I wouldn't crowd fun one, as I just dislike crowd funding) not sure how big the Vinyl market is for old game OST, but very select and depends on the game.

Trouble with game OST is within a few weeks of them releasing they will end up on YouTube and just an OST of the game will have the issue of people already having uploaded it to sites like YT and more. So you would need a few remixes / exclusives tracks, I feel in an official OST. Here's an example:

Mind you my brother bought the remixed OST for Panzar Dragoon Saga are seeing a YT video which also linked where to buy it. No idea how well game music CD's sell, I think it really depends on the game and OST in question.

My Thunderforce IV just turned up.

Lovely three-disc set. Great audio quality, although as I've recently been spoiled by hearing some MD stuff recorded off of a VA4 board with attached Mega Amp, the edge has been taken off this release a touch.

Still, I always wanted this (absolutely incredible) OST on vinyl - a great collector's piece put together with the quality known of DD. Looking forward to the next one!

• Upvote 1

Copied from ATF :-

I am trying to find out if this is worth anything.  I picked up a copy from the states a few years ago and it seems to have been pretty limited and the only prices I can see online seem a little OTT.

Does anyone have any idea if it is worth anything?

61SNURLXTsL._SY355_.jpg

SONIC CD is now available to pre-order on Data Discs!

And they're releasing none other than RADIANT SILVERGUN later this year too!