7 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Happy to see Dixon not win, it looks like he’ll have the championship anyway. I think Taku  has his number anyway.

Time to look on in horror at a grown man covered in milk...

He is class mind. Should have had it really.

Yeah, Dixon was the best all afternoon and the beauty of the Indy 500 is that doesn't matter.

To be fair, Dixon has always really had the one failing that sometimes he isn't aggressive enough.  If he hadn't sat there and passively watched Sato for most of a stint maybe he would have been the one in front.

I can't help but think that with Dixon's almost legendary ability to preserve fuel and tyres he'd have been right at home with the modern era of Formula One. Shame it never went any further than that test he had for Williams in 2004.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Looking forward to this season - reckon it’ll be another tough scrap between Dixon, Newgarden and hopefully Rossi and o’Ward.

Cool to see Jimmie Johnson out there and I really admire that he’s challenging himself given he has nothing to really gain. That said, I think he’s going to really struggle.

I think Scott McLaughlin might be a good outside bet as well. Barber Motorsport Park is a fantastic circuit, barely an margin for error anywhere on the circuit.

Grosjean’s always been quick, just prone to some nasty mistakes, and his reputation has been hurt on top of that by trundling around in one of the worst cars in F1 for the last few years. Remember he was getting podiums for Lotus. 

Does anyone know what the actual start times are? Turned on at 8pm last night as that's what the IndyCar site said, then at a few minutes past the hour a timer popped up saying something like 32 minutes to go. Turned it back on around then and still nothing. Think it was about 8.45 they finally ended up getting going.