I suspect that 32 minutes was to the command to start engines, the Americans love their faff.

Tbf, F1 races don't actually start when advertised either, although at least it's the start of the parade lap rather than the "You might want to make this your last hamburger" time.

It's interesting, it's been credited with saving about 15 lives across the various forms already.

But it's not like we lost 15 people in the previous time period.

Equally it's clearly a very good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Palou and Scott absolutely showing the long term Indycar drivers they need to watch out across those 2 races.  This is supposed to be the difficult part for road racing converts.

• 2 weeks later...

Really pleased for Grosjean. I think he got some unfair flak while he was in F1. I haven't watched Indycars in quite some time and I'd forgotten just how ,any adverts they have in the U.S. It must be very frustrating to watch. It's a shame SKY don't do what Eurosport used to do though, and have a couple of commentators take over when the U.S go to ad breaks. 

And yeah, as GwiDan said above, following who's who can be a bloody nightmare.

On 15/05/2021 at 21:03, Nick_L said:

The teams can run different liveries on each car which doesnt help

And from race to race but equally the teams don't matter so much and you'd learn the important ones by race 3 anyway.

They did used to do an excellent PDF spotters guide but it's now gone all Web2.0 and unprintable and unkeepononescreenable so it's basically worthless.

http://view.ceros.com/indycar/2021-spotters-guide/p/5

It used to be this

https://www.indycar.com/-/media/Files/2020/Indycar/02-IGP/indycar-spotterguide.pdf?la=en