IGNORED

Transfer window madness

Oh Danny Boy

Still another month until the window officially opens on the 1st of July but clubs are going to be busying away trying to sort deals out beforehand. I thought that it would be a good idea to have a separate thread dedicated to transfers and transfer rumours.

Two deals which have been on the cards for the past 6 months will probably be the first official transfers of the window; Depay to United and Ings to Liverpool.

The run down of all Premiership and football league transfers so far:

June:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/32959492

July:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/33314929

Burnley based rumours.

Ings is off to Liverpool. Paper talk said Spurs launched a £12m bid for him, which is ludicrous as even if the club accepted it, Danny doesn't have to sign. I suspect that is a ploy to bump up his tribunal price as every man and his dog knows Ings is off to Anfield.

Spurs also after Kieran Trippier. In the event of a sale, there is a sell-on fee to Man City though - 40%, I think.

Jason Shackell has been linked to Bournemouth a few times.

Not sure what Jose has seen from this season to convince him of anything, and I would have thought Falcao would prefer to be at a club that'll give him games. Odd one if true.

Anything to do with this?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/diego-costa-unhappy-with-rainy-weather-language-and-food-at-chelsea--seeking-return-to-atletico-madrid-10288540.html

Oh, before I forget. With Ashley Barnes gone for the entirety of next season, Clarets need some help up front (not that we were particularly blessed in that department this season). We're scouting our traditional source for such things, the Scottish lower leagues and have been linked with Hibs pair Dominique Malonga and Jason Cummings.

Ings is off to Liverpool. Paper talk said Spurs launched a £12m bid for him, which is ludicrous as even if the club accepted it, Danny doesn't have to sign. I suspect that is a ploy to bump up his tribunal price as every man and his dog knows Ings is off to Anfield.

Rumour has it Levy is only doing this to push up the Liverpool price and take their gaze away from another player...

Not sure how true that is as everyone knows the best paying job of the year selling to Liverpool at inflated prices!

Get him playing in the centre like he did at Villa after Barry left and he'd be huge for you. Good four/five years left in him with the way he takes care of himself too.

Paying over the odds for a good player would surely represent an improvement on the more common paying over the odds prices for shit players trend at Liverpool.

He is a good player and one of the types of players we need but not at the signing on fee and wages he is allegedly asking for.

Even if he is getting £6million a year it's still half the price of paying £7-10 million for an equivalent player and £3 million in wages.

And to add to the madness... The UK transfer window closes at 6pm on the 1st September, due to the Bank Holiday and UEFA requiring the registration of Champion's League squads by midnight that day.

Why is that madness? It has fallen on the 1st more than once before.